Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    snip
    Yeap, Intel literally fucked up with that since Ivy, and its annoying how they simply answer "Cause we can".

Either way! Yeah, thats what i meant :P No one wants to cook at holidays so, overpriced shit at tourist spots, which applies to every tourist spot in the world but the mediterraneans are a different breed of scum :P, we all are.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Yeap, Intel literally fucked up with that since Ivy, and its annoying how they simply answer "Cause we can".

Either way! Yeah, thats what i meant :P No one wants to cook at holidays so, overpriced shit at tourist spots, which applies to every tourist spot in the world but the mediterraneans are a different breed of scum :P, we all are.
    You don't want to eat at tourist spots anyway; the food is utter shit and the prices are high.

Pro-tip as an Italian: Whenever you go to Italy, avoid tourism and places commonly visited by tourists as much as possible. I apply this rule to every other country and after seeing quite a bit of the world, I've never regretted it.

The absolutely atrociously different temperature differences are and the differences are massive enough to warrant bitching at Intel..
    Most atrociously sexy sentence sexiness ever sexified
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2018-01-29 at 03:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    You don't want to eat at tourist spots anyway; the food is utter shit and the prices are high.

Pro-tip as an Italian: Whenever you go to Italy, avoid tourism and places commonly visited by tourists as much as possible. I apply this rule to every other country and after seeing quite a bit of the world, I've never regretted it.
    I disagree! Serbian and Montenegrin places are ossom, best grills in Europe, no questions asked.
    Also food there... costs almost nothing

Most atrociously sexy sentence sexiness ever sexified
    I know it was slightly incorrect (there is no "ly" in atrociously in my sentence as the pre-defining word takes that away) but it was done on purpose to signify just how much I hate the bullshit coming from companies, in this case from Intel but same if it were AMD, nVidia or even Matrox.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."
    - Kirito, Sword Art Online Abridged by Something Witty Entertainment

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    What am I missing? Why would someone do this?
    You missed the entire thread? His reasons were given in his second reply in this thread, something you would have read if you...read?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

I disagree! Serbian and Montenegrin places are ossom, best grills in Europe, no questions asked.
    Also food there... costs almost nothing

I know it was slightly incorrect (there is no "ly" in atrociously in my sentence as the pre-defining word takes that away) but it was done on purpose to signify just how much I hate the bullshit coming from companies, in this case from Intel but same if it were AMD, nVidia or even Matrox.
    Those spots are still relatively expensive, just not for us. It's like Bali, or Thailand, where paying 10-15 euro for a meal is a relatively exorbitant amount, yet still extremely cheap to us. Regardless, I still prefer the non-touristic spots wherever I go.

"Atrociously" the way you used it (as an adverb) is correct (since it affects the meaning of "different" which is an adjective). I just found the structure as a whole quite awesome
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2018-01-29 at 06:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Those spots are still relatively expensive, just not for us. It's like Bali, or Thailand, where paying 10-15 euro for a meal is a relatively exorbitant amount, yet still extremely cheap to us. Regardless, I still prefer the non-touristic spots wherever I go.
    Maybe so, but I'll enjoy myself at least... well not in Italy that is.

"Atrociously" the way you used it (as an adverb) is correct (since it affects the meaning of "different" which is an adjective). I just found the amount of time you used "different" pretty awesome
    In my grammar the use of "Atrociously" is incorrect, it should have technically been "atrocious" because of the preceding word.

You cannot use "Absolutely" and "Atrociously" together because the first word already defines the "amount" so ... yeah.

Yeah ... I missed that "different" spam re-reading it... the first one shouldn't have been present.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."

People always talk about how much lower their temps are, and what their clocks are, but rarely talk about how much more speed they got from the delid (hint - not much), or whether they can tell any difference at all in performance (hint - they can't). Voiding my warranty and killing resale value for a meaningless 100mhz seems insane to me.

You cannot use "Absolutely" and "Atrociously" together because the first word already defines the "amount" so ... yeah.
    Sure you can! Two adverbs in a row are perfectly fine in English.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    People always talk about how much lower their temps are, and what their clocks are, but rarely talk about how much more speed they got from the delid (hint - not much), or whether they can tell any difference at all in performance (hint - they can't). Voiding my warranty and killing resale value for a meaningless 100mhz seems insane to me.
    The difference isn't merely quantified by the speed gained (which is between 200 and 400mhz), but also by heat production and voltage leeway. Those cumulative variables make delidding quite appealing.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2018-01-29 at 06:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure you can! Two adverbs in a row are perfectly fine in English.
    Yes you can... just not for those 2 words
    It would be like saying "It would possibly maybe work like that!" ... not really a proper sentence structure that is valid :P

Yes you can... just not for those 2 words
    It would be like saying "It would possibly maybe work like that!" ... not really a proper sentence structure that is valid :P
    You can. It's your sentence's structure that was peculiar, not necessarily those two words in a row.

atrociously
    adverb UK ​ /əˈtrəʊ.ʃəs.li/ US ​ /əˈtroʊ.ʃəs.li/

The children have been behaving absolutely atrociously.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can. It's your sentence's structure that was peculiar, not necessarily those two words in a row.

atrociously
    adverb UK ​ /əˈtrəʊ.ʃəs.li/ US ​ /əˈtroʊ.ʃəs.li/

The children have been behaving absolutely atrociously.

That's a different sentence structure though as I'm using it in a completely different context to what you're using as an example.
    Simply put you're using Atrociously to describe a Verb, in this case "Behaving".
    Where I'm using it to complement a Noun, in this case "Temperature".

Because of the above the phrasing I showed originally was incorrect and is corrected below:

What you think is also correct, but really is not:
    The absolutely atrociously temperature differences are, and the differences are massive enough to warrant bitching at Intel.

What is correct because of the Noun:
    The absolutely atrocious temperature differences are, and the differences are massive enough to warrant bitching at Intel.

I am correcting my own inadequate spelling but it is how it is, if you can't make fun of yourself for being stupid then what fun is life?

That said if someone with proper English grammar skillz to pay the billz would appear he'd be able to correctly show us both

That said this is going off-topic but at least it's fun

De-lidding is still worth it though and contrary to prior note it doesn't really lower resell value for those that actively seek it at all, if anything it increases it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets stay on topic about the CPU, and stop bickering about syntax =D
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Nothing has changed. Csgo, pubg, grid2, ww2, project cars 2, ac origins, dota, VR, etc. The list of games that actually use avx instructions is pretty long. Your cpu will basically always underclock when under load with an avx off set.

Edit: oh and yeah, 1.33 isn’t bad. While stable in Aida, it crashes in Prime ergo not AVX stable
    When I was setting up new system and playing around with the offset I did quite a bit of searching on the topic. A lot of people claimed that certain games used AVX but it ended up being BIOS bugs leading them to believe their CPU was underclocking. CSGO came up specifically on one forum topic that did not use AVX. Pretty easy to test by enabling and disabling the option from what I read.

If your CPU is underclocking with an offset when not running AVX programs then something isn't right. I use an offset on my 8600k and it does not underclock unless I run the newer version of prime with AVX. I can load it up with various programs or non AVX stress tests and it's stable @5ghz.

Prime is notoriously hard on CPUs especially the latest version with AVX. Aida64 uses AVX to my knowledge so if it's stable there then why worry about primes overkill stress testing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    When I was setting up new system and playing around with the offset I did quite a bit of searching on the topic. A lot of people claimed that certain games used AVX but it ended up being BIOS bugs leading them to believe their CPU was underclocking. CSGO came up specifically on one forum topic that did not use AVX. Pretty easy to test by enabling and disabling the option from what I read.

If your CPU is underclocking with an offset when not running AVX programs then something isn't right. I use an offset on my 8600k and it does not underclock unless I run the newer version of prime with AVX. I can load it up with various programs or non AVX stress tests and it's stable @5ghz.

Prime is notoriously hard on CPUs especially the latest version with AVX. Aida64 uses AVX to my knowledge so if it's stable there then why worry about primes overkill stress testing?
    There's whole thread on reddit about games and applications using AVX; it's a good read so I'd look it up if I were you.

I also thought Prime was overkill, until I started noticing sporadic crashes regardless of the 8 hour stable Aida and realbench tests. After that I started tweaking voltages and temperatures with Prime stability as a goal. Not a single crash after that.

That's a different sentence structure
    What you think is also correct
    Oh I never thought your sentence was correct, it most definitely wasn't. But as you said yourself, that's caused by the wonky structure and not by the two adverbs in a row, which are perfectly acceptable in English. Also, not stupid; for a non-native speaker you're quite eloquent!

Sorry for going off-topic chaz!
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2018-01-30 at 10:32 AM.

De-lid done!

So far so good: 5.0ghz 1.31vcore max temps 61°C under load in Cinebench and Prime95. I'm letting Prime run now, if no workers stop within half an hour, I'll try lowering the cvore a bit more.

Oh boy was de-lidding worth it!

15+ Year Old Account
    De-lid done!

So far so good: 5.0ghz 1.31vcore max temps 61°C under load in Cinebench and Prime95. I'm letting Prime run now, if no workers stop within half an hour, I'll try lowering the cvore a bit more.

Most lovely sexy temperatures sexiness has ever sexified! (C WUT I DID THAR?!)

Difference is pretty good... did you spread it out properly and not leave a pool?

10+ Year Old Account
    De-lid done!

Man sounds good 5.0 at 61° very impressive

now I think I will de-lid as well on my next machine
    i didnt knew about the tool as I build my computer 5 years ago but it looks very easy with it?

did everything went as expected, or was there anything complicated you wasnt prepared for?

Most lovely sexy temperatures sexiness has ever sexified! (C WUT I DID THAR?!)

Difference is pretty good... did you spread it out properly and not leave a pool?
    haha

Yeah I was very careful. Okay, it's not completely stable at 1.31 yet, since one core stops after 5 minutes. I upped the vcore to 1.36 and it still happened even though the temps stayed below 60°C this time.

I'm going to play around with a few settings; cpu cache/vccio voltages and report back.

[janice]oh. my. god[/janice] 1.4v avx stable at 5.0ghz. Max temps 55 degrees!
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2018-01-31 at 05:27 PM.

Deleted
    hi there i live in belgium and i delided mine 7700k i got mmm.. probably -30°c but this was because i also switch from nh-d15 to custom water loop, from my experience and watching other videos, the one u posted used probably 3 or even 4 more times liquid metal than what is needed that thing spreads very good you only need very fine layer of it to touch the heat spreader which is literaly like a big ass coin on top of the cpu and most important is ultra conductive so you dont absolutely anything of it to touch the pcb, is very easy to do it and if you have any questions feel free to pm or ask here , good luck ! i used ROCKIT 88 amazingly easy to use , and came with reliding tool aswell i did glue back mine;
    my cpu now sits at 5.0ghz @1.3100v, and can go all up to 5.2v with 1.395 and still stay under 70° under load and without any AVX value
    edit, voltages
    Last edited by mmocc274989594; 2018-01-31 at 06:14 PM.

5.0ghz @3.100v, and can go all up to 5.2v with 3.890v
    If you are feeding 3 volts of VCORE to that CPU then you are doing it wrong. After it's dead, tell us how many hours it lasted at this voltage.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.