Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Growel View Post
    What's the argument against using pepper spray on dogs?
    Go spray an angry, violent pit bull in the face with pepper spray. See what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Ok, forget the physics. The point I was trying to make is that any dog can be dangerous to a person. Hell, there was a story in my newspaper just today of how two dogs jumped over a fence into a zoo in my town and mauled a bunch of horses and donkeys to death. Miniature ones, to be fair. But they still weighed in at about an adult human's weight. Not even big dogs either.
    Any human who is also a cop that is taken down by a dog deserves it. You are a stupid piece of shit to lose to a dog. Definitely don't deserve the "protect and serve" mantra if you can't protect yourself against a stupid animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Any human who is also a cop that is taken down by a dog deserves it. You are a stupid piece of shit to lose to a dog. Definitely don't deserve the "protect and serve" mantra if you can't protect yourself against a stupid animal.
    So which is it? Are they shit for being taken down by a dog or are they shit for shooting the dog? I've heard both of them today.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

So which is it? Are they shit for being taken down by a dog or are they shit for shooting the dog? I've heard both of them today.
    He is double shit.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The point I was trying to make was you were comparing two completely different things. It's like trying to compare people killed by sharks to people killed by avalanches. If you wanted to compare deaths from dogs to deaths from other animals it would make more sense. But trying to compare deaths caused by animals to deaths caused by people is apples to oranges.

They very much can be compared. They are both deaths at the hands of another animal. Humans are animals just like dogs. The sad part you still aren't seeing is the mindless animal that out numbers the trained animal, kills much much less.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Go spray an angry, violent pit bull in the face with pepper spray. See what happens.

They run away.

Makes getting 44k posts easier when you don't have to put any thought into most of them.
    I go to all the trouble of constructing a reductio ad absurdum argument to contest your point, and this is the thanks I get?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    They very much can be compared. They are both deaths at the hands of another animal. Humans are animals just like dogs. The sad part you still aren't seeing is the mindless animal that out numbers the trained animal, kills much much less.....

- - - Updated - - -

They run away.

I'd rather have it shot so it can't have the chance to attack someone who can't defend themselves. If a dog attacks a person once for any reason the chances it'll do so again go up.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have it shot so it can't have the chance to attack someone who can't defend themselves. If a dog attacks a person once for any reason the chances it'll do so again go up.

Not 1 single adult male was killed by dogs in 2017. If you can't defend yourself from a dog you are fucking pathetic.

btw there was no evidence of an actual attack. "the dog lunged" is a common lie/excuse to get off the hook.

Or to quote south park " IT'S COMING RIGHT AT ME!!!"

Not 1 single adult male was killed by dogs in 2017. If you can't defend yourself from a dog you are fucking pathetic.
    Ok, so your tough adult male police officer gets attacked by a dog. He fights it off. He is alpha male oorah. It runs off and attacks someone else less able to defend themselves because police officer didn't shoot it. Victory? Yay? Get my point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so your tough adult male police officer gets attacked by a dog. He fights it off. He is alpha male oorah. It runs off and attacks someone else less able to defend themselves because police officer didn't shoot it. Victory? Yay? Get my point?

The dog was in a house. Where was it going to run too? Get my point?

The dog was in a house. Where was it going to run too? Get my point?
    You were the one who was saying how no adult male anywhere was killed by a dog in 2017. I was just following your lead. If I was a police officer or was carrying, I would shoot a dog that attacked me dead before it had a chance to attack someone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87;48801786[B
    ]You were the one who was saying how no adult male anywhere was killed by a dog in 2017[/B]. I was just following your lead. If I was a police officer or was carrying, I would shoot a dog that attacked me dead before it had a chance to attack someone else.

Which has what to do with a dog not being able to run away because it is inside a house?

Logic man try it sometime.

Force = speed x weight. A dog can easily dash at 15 mph. 15 mph x 35 pounds = 525 pounds of force. More than enough to knock any person down.
    First, that's not at all what the force formula is. That's a made up formula so that uneducated people can understand that an increase in speed or weight increases force. It does not mean that a 35 pound dog is generating 525 pounds of force lol.
    Second, the amount of force a 35 pound dog can generate CAN knock a person down. Typically if they are very small or if they aren't expecting it. It's also very possible to take that impact and not really budge.

By your (incorrect) calculation, a 35 lb dog running 15mph is the same as a 70 lb kid running 7.5. Are you saying a 10 year old can knock you off your feet at a slow jog?
    Last edited by Torgent; 2018-02-01 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    First, that's not at all what the force formula is. That's a made up formula so that uneducated people can understand that an increase in speed or weight increases force. It does not mean that a 35 pound dog is generating 525 pounds of force lol.
    Second, the amount of force a 35 pound dog can generate CAN knock a person down. Typically if they are very small or if they aren't expecting it. It's also very possible to take that impact and not really budge.

By your (incorrect) calculation, a 35 lb dog running 15mph is the same as a 70 lb kid running 7.5. Are you saying a 10 year old can knock you off your feet at a slow jog?
    I'm starting to regret making this post since people are all fixating on the numbers and ignoring the point I was trying to demonstrate with them. Which was that even a medium sized 35 pound dog can be dangerous to a person.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to regret making this post since people are all fixating on the numbers and ignoring the point I was trying to demonstrate with them. Which was that even a medium sized 35 pound dog can be dangerous to a person.
    And you are ignoring all that data that says. No they aren't really dangerous. Like I said no adult male died to a dog attack in 2017.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

btw there was no evidence of an actual attack. "the dog lunged" is a common lie/excuse to get off the hook.

Or to quote south park " IT'S COMING RIGHT AT ME!!!"
    Wrong. https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-st...ities-2017.php one was a 75 year old and another a 21 year old, to mention just some adults. Many other adults also.

Even the point is flawed, ignoring the numbers. A 35 pound dog could knock a person over. But it's not likely to. You also said "any person", so you're saying that a 35 lb dog can knock over a 200+ lb athlete. Something that even 200+ lb athletes can't always do. And finally, even IF the dog knocked him down....it's 35 lbs. He can literally pick the dog up and hold it above him without straining at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Wrong. https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-st...ities-2017.php one was a 75 year old and another a 21 year old, to mention just some adults. Many other adults also.
    I generally stay away from that sight as it's half propaganda, but I can follow the sources and confirm what it says.

So even if we use the stats on both pages combined thats a total of 39 + 25 = 64

64 deaths caused by 89 million dogs

with 3 of those actually being males and only 1 under 60

That doesn't really change the fact a able body officer should be able to defend himself without having to fire a weapon in the vicinity of innocent people and children.

And you are ignoring all that data that says. No they aren't really dangerous. Like I said no adult male died to a dog attack in 2017.
    Ugh. Ok. Last try. Adult males =/= all people. There ARE people that dogs can be dangerous against. So if you are an adult male and you see a violent dog, it's your duty to try to stop it before it gets away and attacks someone it can hurt. I'm out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Even the point is flawed, ignoring the numbers. A 35 pound dog could knock a person over. But it's not likely to. You also said "any person", so you're saying that a 35 lb dog can knock over a 200+ lb athlete. Something that even 200+ lb athletes can't always do. And finally, even IF the dog knocked him down....it's 35 lbs. He can literally pick the dog up and hold it above him without straining at all.
    Ok, last time before leaving. Yeah, it knocks you over. You hit your head or something, it bites you once in the neck in the bad spot, you're still dead. They're predators. They have the instinct to go for the throat. And see my above coment to Joe.

Peace out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh. Ok. Last try. Adult males =/= all people. There ARE people that dogs can be dangerous against. So if you are an adult male and you see a violent dog, it's your duty to try to stop it before it gets away and attacks someone it can hurt. I'm out..

I included the total number also. IF we add it with a source linked by ghostpanther it's a total of 64 people in 2017.

64--89,000,000 dog related deaths vs total dogs.
    986 --- 800,000 cop related deaths vs total cops.

By your logic cops are much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much more dangerous.

This isn't even covering the fact there is no evidence provided at all this dog was dangerous. I mean guess who is still alive and didn't bite anyone.