Thread: Prestige in BFA

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Prestige in BFA

So this answer was a bit disappointing

The team wants to keep the existing Prestige ranks, continue to add new ranks, but those new ranks would just give you a box or some kind of repeatable reward again. This makes Prestige a measure of how much you have PvPed rather than a grind for rewards.
    But then at the end he said, "That's not the say we still won't add mounts and titles still as rewards."

I was really hoping we got the option to re-reroll at the beginning of each xpac and every character started on the same level to begin with. Instead..it sounds like RNG boxes combined with a meaningless but endless prestige number.

The Aristocrats everybody

10+ Year Old Account
    Prestige was a dumb idea from the beginning and I hope they remove it altogether.

(In fact it was so dumb they fixed it so that it didn't reset your PvP talents every time you rank up very early in the xpac)

Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post

But then at the end he said, "That's not the say we still won't add mounts and titles still as rewards."

I was really hoping we got the option to re-reroll at the beginning of each xpac and every character started on the same level to begin with. Instead..it sounds like RNG boxes combined with a meaningless but endless prestige number.

Should make it so every 5 prestige levels you get a token to buy a mount that's account wide. (Similar concept )to the RBG mounts. But you can choose which one. So if you level 3 characters to 5 you get 3 mounts, if you level 1 character to 15 you get 3 mounts, same amount of work. Since I feel like mounts are the major reward alot of people aim for / feel stuck to one character.

Titles and art appearances should remain character specific and untouched. I miss character specific titles for long grinds... like the insane, bloodthirsty before HK merging etc. If you're willing to commit to one character for such a long task, why shouldn't you have SOMETHING uncommon to show for it.

Basically, get ready for Disappointment Boxes.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Really should be account wide. I really hated my prestige being stuck to one character. I had to play a single
    Character in order to grind that 25 prestige levels out. Would have been nice to swap every now and again.

Deleted
    Personally I'm just really curious as to why they couldn't just change your Legion highest prestige rank to a FOS and then start a new BFA prestige ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Personally I'm just really curious as to why they couldn't just change your Legion highest prestige rank to a FOS and then start a new BFA prestige ranking.
    Yeh. This is what I thought was best. Preserves the previous grind for bragging rights but means we can all start again. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    because it would upset casual people for whom prestige farming is retarded grind - this way 10 expansions in future they will unlock all stuff from years before and will b happy

Oh ffs, just stop it in BFA. Let people retain their badge or at the very least, give them a FOS. Then just do something else that has nothing to do with ranks. Please, no more rank grinds. I've had enough with putting time in for mediocre rewards just for blizzard to slap us in the face again by reducing our achievement and giving us another grind like this.

Deleted
    At least make it account-wide in BfA

Deleted

It's a way of saying. We fucked up, we thought players will love to farm their brains out while we basically add 3 more levels each season with the same but recolored reward. But now we're too lazy to even add those anymore, so here's a box with 20 gold every time you farm anther prestige.

strongly agree with the notion that prestige should be account wide, especially if it's a measure of how much you PvPed

i have like prestige 5 on my mage, prestige 4 on my shaman, prestige 3 on my DH, prestige 2 on my DK and lock and prestige 1 on my hunter...

while nothing spectacular that would get me on a semi-decent prestige of ~14, now all my chars look like scrubs...

after all prestige is a measure of legion pvp experience, not a measure of 'mastery' over a specific class

+ as long as the prestige ranks are character specific unlocking the final artifact tints of the pvp skins for multiple characters is a near impossible grind

7+ Year Old Account
    Yea I’m with others on making this shit account wide.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Prestige L44 - "Here have a few Marks of Honor and 8 gold for your hard work."

I bet that were still going to be receiving the AP tokens from prestige come BfA. It will probably get hotfixed in like 8.2.5 or something.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2018-02-05 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    How long would it take to reack the second prestige mount with appr. playing 3 hours of pvp a day?
    What are the fastest/ most reliable ways?

REMOVE IT, PLEASE!!!

Or either make it acc-wide.

Prestige ended up feeling like one giant chore every time a new patch came out. The midnight horse was neat, but the titles were all pretty disorganized and uninteresting IMHO ( although I did like the unstoppable force).

If indeed they do release the last proposed 8 honor levels, I'd imagine the last 2 titles would be " legionary" and "the ultimate", along with the prestigious skeletal warhorse and another yet to be discovered mount ( hopefully a flying mount!)

10+ Year Old Account

They should have just made it account wide like they do with Overwatch. It's just dumb that they're keeping it character specific. arena/RBG ratings SHOULD be character specific, Prestige should just be account bound, it's a cosmetic/novelty system that serves to show others how much you actually PvP and not necessarily how good you are at it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhiosis View Post
    Prestige ended up feeling like one giant chore every time a new patch came out. The midnight horse was neat, but the titles were all pretty disorganized and uninteresting IMHO ( although I did like the unstoppable force).

If indeed they do release the last proposed 8 honor levels, I'd imagine the last 2 titles would be " legionary" and "the ultimate", along with the prestigious skeletal warhorse and another yet to be discovered mount ( hopefully a flying mount!)

It's supposed to be 4 levels left for Legion but you did just remind me that Prestigious mount exists.

The Unstoppable Force was going to be my stopping point but that might tempt me

It's supposed to be 4 levels left for Legion but you did just remind me that Prestigious mount exists.

The Unstoppable Force was going to be my stopping point but that might tempt me
    I’d be fine with them stopping at 29. The last 4 icons look pretty lackluster to me anyway. Maybe add 5 more so we can stop on a nice clean number instead of 29