Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    The chests and bosses give barely anything. The 2 best investments of your time are emissaries and invasions. anything else isn't worth your time to go out of the way for
    I do all emissaries, but that is more for the rep so i can get to paragon chests faster and get my mounts. Invasions...not sure if those bosses mean crap...and honestly, Argus bosses give something good, at least they did before I hit 75 artifact level on 2 specs and needed AP...for those who need AP for a spec, why not? Also, with the robot that lets you solo any boss, why not?

I also do the Argus bosses so I can get shards for the weekly quest for my 300 items that help me play the trinket lottery with our RNG loot guy...still hoping for a 910 crystal...probably will happen last week of Legion lol

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    I do all emissaries, but that is more for the rep so i can get to paragon chests faster and get my mounts. Invasions...not sure if those bosses mean crap...and honestly, Argus bosses give something good, at least they did before I hit 75 artifact level on 2 specs and needed AP...for those who need AP for a spec, why not? Also, with the robot that lets you solo any boss, why not?

I also do the Argus bosses so I can get shards for the weekly quest for my 300 items that help me play the trinket lottery with our RNG loot guy...still hoping for a 910 crystal...probably will happen last week of Legion lol
    He was talking about legendaires, farming the argus rares gives barely any BLP. So in a 'farming for legendary BLP'-point of view, you're better off doing other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatboss View Post
    how is this possible? he looted 3 legendary from one boss in pug??? maybe a bug?? i dont believe it. I dont even have third one after 5 month
    A guild member got 2 legendaries in 45minutes ca. lol this lucky bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    He was talking about legendaires, farming the argus rares gives barely any BLP. So in a 'farming for legendary BLP'-point of view, you're better off doing other things.
    Eh yes and no. There's other things that give bigger chunks of blp, but they're not repeatable or they can take a while to do. Chest and rare farming might not give a lot individually, but there's so many, and you can do it so fast and add blp so constantly, it ends up being really good. Yes there's better, but it's very good once you run out of the weekly limited stuff, or the fast stuff.

I get one around every 10 days or so on most of my characters. The only thing I do on them is world quests, emissaries, and the Argus invasions. I haven't touched LFR in months, have done probably 3 mythics in the past 2 months, and don't raid atm due to work scheduling.

My main is one away from having all the hunter legendaries now. Could I get them quicker if I did more? Probably. But I can't complain with the drop rate if you're consistently doing at least some of the content on a regular basis.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    What a liar! My dad works for Blizzard and said that legendaries drop can Titanforge for 3 or 5! Never 4!
    Well, MY dad actually works for Blizzard, and he told me that, if you defeat Argus with Samus without dying a single time (NOT EVEN WHEN HE INSTA-KILLS YOU), you unlock Megaman as a playable race/class, and he comes with 5 legendaries equiped.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Well, MY dad actually works for Blizzard, and he told me that, if you defeat Argus with Samus without dying a single time (NOT EVEN WHEN HE INSTA-KILLS YOU), you unlock Megaman as a playable race/class, and he comes with 5 legendaries equiped.
    Well, my mother works for Blizzard, and she told me that my father is also someone at Blizzard (it was a crazy christmas party). And she told me that if you defeat Argus with no equiped items, you actually get like 5 epics.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post

It's more of a question of investment of time. If you're only playing 1 toon, then it's fine to do whatever. if you're playing multiple toons, your time is better invested in 4 quests and 3 portals
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

The chests and bosses give barely anything. The 2 best investments of your time are emissaries and invasions. anything else isn't worth your time to go out of the way for
    Daily heroic and some kind of Antorus clear as well, because the essences per time spent are quite good.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Daily heroic and some kind of Antorus clear as well, because the essences per time spent are quite good.
    I agree there. Definitely antorus, for the 930 (normal baseline)-955 (heroic Argus top end) loot (not including tfs) Plus the daily heroic takes 5 minutes
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    My druid is currently sitting at 75%+ BLP from LPT. My friend has hit 100% through that tracker exactly before getting his legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    I'm assuming this is aimed at me? Because I definitely go above 100% LPT BLP very frequently(as you can see in this pastebin of my LPT.lua file, showing for example my warlock's Affliction cloak at 128% and my rogue's Assa bracers at 132%). And there is almost definitely a point where you hit 100% BLP in Blizzard's system, we just don't know what that point is, and you're quite unlikely to reach it because you're going to be doing a bunch of legendary-triggering events while at near-100%, which will likely give you said legendary before hitting that 100% cap.
    It was more confirming your claims that it goes above 100%. Which in and of itself makes the tracker next to worthless.

I was really refuting the notion that 5 weeks of doing every emissary quest available was a guaranteed legendary, because you get to 100% BLP. That's false. Understanding how percentages work is key. Given the fact that many can cite the fact that they go beyond 100% its pretty safe to assume that you aren't getting a stacking 3% with each emissary quest. Meaning you aren't getting 3,6,9,12,15... 99,102.

Let's assume for a second that at the start you have 100% chance of NOT getting a legendary. So you complete an emissary quest and BAM 3% BLP. Tomorrow you have a 97% chance of not getting a legendary. So you do another emissary quest. Bam another 3%. The key is that it isn't 3% off of the full 100, its 3% off the 97. Each subsequent emissary quest or activity, will then have diminishing returns on its effectiveness. That being said... you CANNOT get to 100% this way. You can get really fucking close... but never 100%

Just to get to 99% BLP would take you ~150 days. 5 weeks (or 35 days) gets you to ~65% BLP. Which is still relatively high which is why we see people getting legendaries at or around 100%... but sometimes 100+%

At 128% according to the tracker you're actually more at ~72% BLP (again which is really high and why you're seeing drops at that level)

At 132% according to the tracker, you're actually more at ~74% BLP
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2018-02-02 at 05:08 PM.

The concept of BLP "cap" is quite flawed, you will never get even close to 100% if BLP increases linearly(as it did at least last year). If we'd assume some activity has a 3% drop chance and each fail increases this chance by 3% it would be very rare to get to even 50% BLP. After just 10 events your combined drop chance would be 1-(0.97 * 0.94 * 0.91 * 0.88 * 0.85 * 0.82 * 0.79 * 0.76 * 0.73 * 0.70) = 84% while your "BLP" would be still only at 30%.

Because of BLP it may seem that legendaries drop at quite regular intervals, and with correct values this kind of tool may even give a decent estimate when you're "most likely to get a legendary". But this is not happening because of reaching a certain cap, but because the combined(cumulative) drop chance starts to get really high after individual drop chance reaches certain point like 20-30%.

---

As for getting 3 legendaries from a single kill, I guess in theory it's possible if you get a normal legendary from your first argus kill, which also gives guaranteed Insignia of the Grand Army, and additional chance for Aman'Thul's Vision.

10+ Year Old Account
    I genuinely don't understand how people can be okay with this system.
    The amount of content you have to do in order to maybe have a chance at a decent legendary item is pretty staggering, and this is coming from someone who heroic raided with 4 different characters up until MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by thatboss View Post
    how is this possible? he looted 3 legendary from one boss in pug??? maybe a bug?? i dont believe it. I dont even have third one after 5 month
    Under the current system unless you are playing 2min's a day or already got all the legendary's this is factually impossible.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD