Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    So all the legal gun owners in the world possess guns to strictly kill? It's made for protection, competition, and yes to kill (in the sense of use in military).

It's like arguing that knives should be banned from the general public because they can be used to kill. I think of all those poor steaks I would have to eat with my bare hands....
    Again, you are not understanding. Guns are MADE to be used to kill, specifically.
    A knife is made as a tool to cut thing, to craft things, and to yes, kill/skinning with in regards to food. It CAN be used to kill with as well. But it's PRIMARY use, is as a helpful tool.
    Tell me, if you use a gun for protection, what is the outcome of that protection? Are you healing them with a bullet? Are you raising people from the dead?
    Oh, you kill? What a coincidence! The tool made for killing is killing...

Guns = made for killing.
    Everything else = made as a boon to society.

I'm not sure why this is so hard for you to understand...

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    We were talking about drugs though.
    Not just drugs. The one you replied to had replied to a poster who was committing on guns being legal to own here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Drugs being illegal doesn’t stop people from taking them does it?

Peace
    The average citizen is not taking illegal drugs lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbywabby View Post
    And the average citizen does not have a Constitutional right to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    So all the legal gun owners in the world possess guns to strictly kill? It's made for protection, competition, and yes to kill (in the sense of use in military).

It's like arguing that knives should be banned from the general public because they can be used to kill. I think of all those poor steaks I would have to eat with my bare hands....
    The whole argument about having guns for protection is the biggest problem. Why is it so common in America to carry weapons for protection. In the UK, I don't step outside and fear im gonna get attacked and I certainly don't feel the need to carry any sort of weapon to give me reassurance.

It reminds me of a thread I saw on MMOC. Someone was asking about what the best weapon for protection would be, and everyone was recommending so many different guns and knives and I was completely shocked as thats the norm in America. Its got to a stage where everyone has to have a weapon because they don't feel safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Again, you are not understanding. Guns are MADE to be used to kill, specifically.
    A knife is made as a tool to cut thing, to craft things, and to yes, kill/skinning with in regards to food. It CAN be used to kill with as well. But it's PRIMARY use, is as a helpful tool.
    Tell me, if you use a gun for protection, what is the outcome of that protection? Are you healing them with a bullet? Are you raising people from the dead?

Guns = made for killing.

You are not necessarily right. A gun is made to hurl a projectile in a direction. The size and style of the gun and it's projectiles are designed towards different specific goals. Whether you use them for that purpose is up to the person holding the gun. A very common use of guns is self-defense. It achieves this goal via 3 methods: to scare, to maim, or to kill. The simple brandishing or threat of a gun can secure ones self-defense. In that way, it's not meant to kill, but to scare away would-be threats. Now, the only way it can scare away a threat, is to have real power and threat behind it's use. Police have guns hoping they never have to use it, but in reality, they're always using it. It's always on their side and visible, which in itself is a use as a show of force.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    Well, that's what I'm saying. Had she just obeyed the law and not brought a gun on campus this whole thing could've been avoided. Gun-free zones work.
    I know that the idea that packing a Glock and an AR-15 while going to the Walmart make sense for some people, but it's not because ''you can'' that it means it's smart.

The whole argument about having guns for protection is the biggest problem. Why is it so common in America to carry weapons for protection. In the UK, I don't step outside and fear im gonna get attacked and I certainly don't feel the need to carry any sort of weapon to give me reassurance.

It reminds me of a thread I saw on MMOC. Someone was asking about what the best weapon for protection would be, and everyone was recommending so many different guns and knives and I was completely shocked as thats the norm in America. Its got to a stage where everyone has to have a weapon because they don't feel safe.
    Because you step outside onto a busy city street with police near. The US city folk are not the ones carrying guns for self-defense. It's people in the countryside, 15-20 minutes from very small (one policeman a town) police units. They literally have no one around to help them if someone decides to come onto their property. I grew up in, and still have family in such scenarios. In the city I live now, I don't have a gun. I do feel that citizens with guns in crowded areas is a bad idea. However, when I go to my fathers property, 20 minutes from the nearest small police department and no other people for miles around, I feel it is perfectly fine and wise to have a weapon nearby. More than likely, you'll never have to use it. However, properly stored, trained with, and respected, there are no dangers the gun poses to you or those around you.

So what you have are dueling needs. You have crowded cities being over-run by gangs using guns illegally which pushes one sides views, and you have rural people owning guns lawfully and responsibly for self-defense because they have no other which pushes the other sides views. Both views are just in their specific situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    You are not necessarily right. A gun is made to hurl a projectile in a direction. The size and style of the gun and it's projectiles are designed towards different specific goals. Whether you use them for that purpose is up to the person holding the gun. A very common use of guns is self-defense. It achieves this goal via 3 methods: to scare, to maim, or to kill. The simple brandishing or threat of a gun can secure ones self-defense. In that way, it's not meant to kill, but to scare away would-be threats. Now, the only way it can scare away a threat, is to have real power and threat behind it's use. Police have guns hoping they never have to use it, but in reality, they're always using it. It's always on their side and visible, which in itself is a use as a show of force.
    Well said. I love your examples. It is not unlawful to tell a threatening person you have a firearm and are willing to use it in a attempt to stop the threat. You can even place your hand on your firearm. And this happens a lot more than some realize. But most of those cases when it does happen, are not recorded or reported to the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Not just drugs. The one you replied to had replied to a poster who was committing on guns being legal to own here.
    Okay; fair enough; this is a boring enough topic.

The string of converstion was:

A "Make guns illegal"
    B "Why? Making drugs illegal doesn't stop everyone from taking them"
    C "No but it stops some people taking them, right? It does over here, why would you guys feel different"
    D "We have a constitutional right to have guns over here so of course we will feel different"

Is just someone failling to follow the thread of a discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Was this 12 year old girl part of a well-regulated militia though?
    Satire or not, that's not how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yeah, I really don't know what the color schemes means.
    Honestly, most of the time no one understands her/him.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    How does one get banned for blatant racism on this forum?
    All I saw was something about tamales. Tamales have nothing to do with skin color.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    (as currently written people use it as an excuse for carte blanche gun ownership when that interpretation is clearly already invalid)
    How, exactly, are you making this determination?

I love this argument especially
    Why? Law-abiding citizens aren't responsible for the actions of criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Shouldn't do, but it still happens - just on a much smaller scale. In Australia, we haven't had guns for decades, but the man who held people hostage in the Lindt cafe' had a gun/s.
    Dude, Lindt cafe siege in Australia happened like 3 years ago now lol, meanwhile this shit happens on a weekly basis in murica...
    Last edited by xRATJARx; 2018-02-02 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    How, exactly, are you making this determination?
    There are people who, at any mention of gun regulation, will bring up the text of the Second Amendment. Specifically, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." In their reading, any firearm regulation equals infringement, and is therefore prohibited. Except the text is outdated, and simply states 'arms'. Obviously guns are a type of armament and would fall under this category, but taking that reading to try and deflect any attempt at regulation discussion is asinine because my right to bear arms under that broad stroke is infringed.
    Can I legally purchase and own a cruise missile? No. My right has infringements. Text is outdated and needs reworking. Clearly lines are already drawn as to what I can and can not bear in regards to arms, so people jumping up and down screaming that you can't draw any lines because the Constitution says so are relying on broken logic that already has very clear legislation undercutting it.

The Second Amendment was written when you could arm yourself with musket and the government arms were also musket and maybe cannon. Now I can go arm myself with an AR-15 and the government has aircraft carriers, combat drones, stealth fighters, and tactical nukes.

Time for a re-write.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay; fair enough; this is a boring enough topic.

The string of converstion was:

A "Make guns illegal"
    B "Why? Making drugs illegal doesn't stop everyone from taking them"
    C "No but it stops some people taking them, right? It does over here, why would you guys feel different"
    D "We have a constitutional right to have guns over here so of course we will feel different"

Is just someone failling to follow the thread of a discussion.
    Anytime guns are involved in any way to a subject, posters will get into a gun control debate. Of course since I support the right under my Constitution, I am going to defend that right. I mean I do try to avoid that type of debate outside the Gun Control thread for such. But many do not. They really should create a Gun Control sub forum from OFF-TOPIC like they did for Politics.

The average citizen doesn’t go around shooting other people either. “lmao”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post

Guns = made for killing.

A gun is designed to accurately propel a projectile. That is why we have different types of guns.

Peace
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2018-02-02 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    But this projectile moves out at a velocity that on impact, will either maim/kill someone. So wouldn't that mean that it is infact, designed to be what I stated?
    I agree that it can be an efficient way of scaring off potential threats as a form of deterrence. But would you also not say that it can make people more "jumpy" around you as well?
    And even if you use it as self-defense, you still face the risk of having stray bullets. I guess that can be mitigated by a lot of firearms training, but with adrenaline and all that, you never know.
    And as for the police, I hope we can both agree that because there are so many guns roaming around, they are more skittish when it comes to encounters?
    I'm sure there are some positives with hand guns, I just don't personally see them out weighing the negatives.

- - - Updated - - -

Peace

- - - Updated - - -

A gun is designed to accurately propel a projectile. That is why we have different types of guns.

Peace
    And what is the intent behind this projectile? Create world peace? Order you a moccachino? Sing a duet with the nearest crow?
    I'll give you a hint - It starts with K, and ends with illing.

Peace.

7+ Year Old Account

Peace
    Why feel the need to own so many then?

Also for drugs, they don't own them either. "Peace"

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    "Los Angeles has a law about the safe storage of weapons," L.A. City Atty. Mike Feuer added. "Every responsible gun owner needs to take heed."
    Clearly laws forcing law-abiding citizens to keep their guns stored doesn't work - a criminal kid will still get them either way. It's time to end this fascist law so we can have more good kids with guns to prevent tragedies like this from happening.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Why feel the need to own so many then?

Also for drugs, they don't own them either. "Peace"
    You do know that just 3% own over half of the firearms in the US. And nearly 80% of Americans don’t even own a firearm my friend.
    The more you know.

Peace

Someone explain to me why guns are legal and so many Americans own guns. This shit will keep happening until guns are outlawed from citizens.
    we really should make stricter gun laws against them 12 year olds.