Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    The amount of people complaining about cosmetic content being gated is amusing. Guess what, there are still like 8 months till BFA comes out. A week or two till you reach exalted isn't gonna ruin your character.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    The amount of people complaining about cosmetic content being gated is amusing. Guess what, there are still like 8 months till BFA comes out. A week or two till you reach exalted isn't gonna ruin your character.
    None of it justifies a month sub if you already consider the game to be more of a chore than entertainment. Dress-up and pretty rides don't change that. People want evolving RPG story but most often end up in re-skinned and repeated content with bland story that you have to wait around for not only new patch installments but also arbitrary time-gates within them because some people love the game more than they love themselves. It's a tall order for a recurring sub if you cba to play free off whaling-money because it means the game automatically becomes even more of a chore than it already is.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    None of it justifies a month sub if you already consider the game to be more of a chore than entertainment. Dress-up and pretty rides don't change that. People want evolving RPG story but most often end up in re-skinned and repeated content with bland story that you have to wait around for not only new patch installments but also arbitrary time-gates within them because some people love the game more than they love themselves. It's a tall order for a recurring sub if you cba to play free off whaling-money because it means the game automatically becomes even more of a chore than it already is.
    Breathe dude. I want old transmog gear too, and while you're at it also mounts from old raids. Guess what? I wont get that in 1 week.

The rewards are 100% cosmetic, non of the racials are crazy OP. This IS content, and just because you can't consume it all in 1 day of doing WQ doesn't mean it's bad. In a couple of weeks when you've gotten exalted, you'll have forgotten all about the rep requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    That was probably their way of throwing people a bone because you did it once, so thankfully they don't make you do it all over again.
    Instead of requiring both factions to exalt, just one to get there, then a 110 on either side to run the quests, since, you know, you gotta go to capital city to start them and such.
    I mean, it would be weird for a human to finish the questline that gets the HMTauren to join the Horde, right?

TBH, I'm not exactly arguing in favor of their approach or anything, I'm just saying a rep grind makes sense in that you are earning the favor of someone.
    Implementation methods aside, that concept is a good simulated way of doing such.
    I'm all for making it a bit less RNG'ish and sluggish, like it is today.
    Tabards are a thing in the past, which would work wonderfully in the current system (that I neither support nor condemn, mind you), or they could even go crazy and add rep back to dungeons.
    I have 1 of 2 problems with the concept though. The first is we have already completed such a huge laundry list of events with the Highmountain Tribe to be railroaded because of a rep is the dumbest thing. We've helped Mayla join the scattered tribes, helped her establish herself as the leader of the joined tribes, saved countless Tauren, We then repelled the Legion, put an end the the dunbar uprising and secured the lost Hammer which then we were entrusted with. Thats not even including helping them out after the fact, coming back to stop another Legion Invasion.

So really how much more favor should I really need with a faction that initially came to me beggin for help..

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    I have 1 of 2 problems with the concept though. The first is we have already completed such a huge laundry list of events with the Highmountain Tribe to be railroaded because of a rep is the dumbest thing. We've helped Mayla join the scattered tribes, helped her establish herself as the leader of the joined tribes, saved countless Tauren, We then repelled the Legion, put an end the the dunbar uprising and secured the lost Hammer which then we were entrusted with. Thats not even including helping them out after the fact, coming back to stop another Legion Invasion.

So really how much more favor should I really need with a faction that initially came to me beggin for help..
    Oh, I get your argument in terms of the implementation and I agree the way it's implemented in this case is... weird, at best.
    I mean, as far as these new races go, HMTauren and Nightborne are both Horde and have been available essentially since launch (though Suramar was gated), whereas the two Alliance ones are relatively new in comparison.
    I'm just happy you only need exalted on a single toon (because you did the things you mention once already), regardless of faction, to unlock the allied quest.
    If the race-specific unlock quests were a bit more... open at the end, it would have made unlocking better.

What I would have done:
    Have the quest line start at BOTH embassies.
    Have it diverge in one of two paths, based on your current toon's faction (meaning, if you are horde and do the velf scenario) so the ending is faction-specific.
    Then you go back to your embassy, either with an ally or empty-handed, and get the unlocked race on your account.
    The mount that comes in association with the race would then be in your journal, much like the blizzcon ro pre-order ones, all packaged up and waiting for you to log onto a toon of that faction to 'open' it.

There.
    Everyone would have been happy, could faction switch, do whatevs.
    but I'm not a dev/planner for Blizz, so meh.

Oh, I get your argument in terms of the implementation and I agree the way it's implemented in this case is... weird, at best.
    I mean, as far as these new races go, HMTauren and Nightborne are both Horde and have been available essentially since launch (though Suramar was gated), whereas the two Alliance ones are relatively new in comparison.
    I'm just happy you only need exalted on a single toon (because you did the things you mention once already), regardless of faction, to unlock the allied quest.
    If the race-specific unlock quests were a bit more... open at the end, it would have made unlocking better.

What I would have done:
    Have it diverge in one of two paths, based on your current toon's faction (meaning, if you are horde and do the velf scenario) so the ending is faction-specific.
    Then you go back to your embassy, either with an ally or empty-handed, and get the unlocked race on your account.
    The mount that comes in association with the race would then be in your journal, much like the blizzcon ro pre-order ones, all packaged up and waiting for you to log onto a toon of that faction to 'open' it.

There.
    questline and rep is totally fair.
    cyclical unsubbers believe everything that requires playing the game to be unfair to them, though. Can't change that.

I'm not pro rep-grind I'm anti whiny-baby. You decided to completely neglect Argus, the most current content. The rep is easy, the quests are easy and not time consuming. This isn't a big deal, just a bunch of kids crying over not getting their skins.

What I would have done:

There.
    If we had to have a per-reqisite for the races then I think initial story line should have been more then good enough. I just don't get Exalted based on how much we have already done for the Faction prior. As for the 4 factions I am still debating 2 of them. I can understand why Highmountain went Horde and Lightforged Draenei with the Alliance. But im still trying to figure out if I totally on board with the Nightbourne an the Void Elves..

Yours just makes a hell of a lot more sense then what we have already...

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    I'm not pro rep-grind I'm anti whiny-baby. You decided to completely neglect Argus, the most current content. The rep is easy, the quests are easy and not time consuming. This isn't a big deal, just a bunch of kids crying over not getting their skins.
    I have them all. I had them all months ago. I am all for keeping the requirements till the next expansion is ready to launch. Keeping them after that is moronic. Expecting people who come back for the next expansion to grind out shitty world quests for weeks in the previous expansion is pants on the head retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I have them all. I had them all months ago. I am all for keeping the requirements till the next expansion is ready to launch. Keeping them after that is moronic. Expecting people who come back for the next expansion to grind out shitty world quests for weeks in the previous expansion is pants on the head retarded.
    Highly unlikely.
    It's gonna be just like draenor pathfinder. If you want it, go get it.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    questline and rep is totally fair.
    cyclical unsubbers believe everything that requires playing the game to be unfair to them, though. Can't change that.
    Nope sorry, Exalted makes no sense in the storyline in which you just united the factions, saved there people by repelling 2 threats and secured some ancient item they believe to be sacred. If thats not enough to put you into good enough standings with the Faction, then nothing really is..

Nope sorry, Exalted makes no sense in the storyline in which you just united the factions, saved there people by repelling 2 threats and secured some ancient item they believe to be sacred. If thats not enough to put you into good enough standings with the Faction, then nothing really is..
    k, you can have wrong opinions

Highly unlikely.
    It's gonna be just like draenor pathfinder. If you want it, go get it.
    Except pathfinder wasn't a selling point for Warlords like Allied Races was for BfA..

- - - Updated - - -

k, you can have wrong opinions
    Speaking from experience I take it..

Except pathfinder wasn't a selling point for Warlords like Allied Races was for BfA..

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking from experience I take it..
    It's less a selling point and more a reward for people who have been playing.

And yes, I experience you being wrong all the time.

Had all this shit unlocked months before the race requirements were even leaked. Play the fucking game.

Deleted
    Look, it takes them thousands of costly lessons in not overextending their forces to... well still not learn not to do it because the next day they do it again. They're just not very bright and have a bad memory. That's why you have to do the extra stuff.

Deleted
    I'm revered on 4 characters. I DID PLAY the damn game. Just not farming on 1 char. I would be exalted twice if I played 2 chars. Maybe they could've told us this when Argus came out...

- - - Updated - - -

Now I'm atleast 2-3 weeks away from rolling a void elf for my main. Fun. I just did enough to get geared on alts and then I was OUTTA here never wanted to go back to Argus. Now I just have to even though I've spent twice the time there compared to most people who play 1 char

Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post
    So stating the obvious it seems the wow community is very conflicted, the title isnt very objective but whatever

First argument; «We’ve known for months». That assumption relies on that datamining is suposed to be 100% acurate all of the time. It also assumes that literally everyone checks mmo champion.

The acomplishment argument. So, in addition to having to pay 40 bucks, i have to spend countless hours grinding, forget that, i cant grind cause of timegates.. This means i probably have to buy more subscription. Lets say it takes 40 hours. Know what else took 40 hours to unlock? DARTH VADER AND LUKE SKYWALKER. Feeling that sense of pride and acomplishment PvE’ers? Ironic, since they probably are the same people that was against the credit grind in battlefront 2.

I worked hard for it, its unfair if its handed out free agument: i can buy a level boost, is that unfair aswell?

«You pay for access, not to be given things a free. they might aswell sell mythic titanforged gear» argument. There is a difference between power and cosmetics. You dont become a better player or become stronger from looking different. Some might bring up racials, but come on, lightforged has the shittiest racials ingame. Maybe better than escape artist but thats about it. You can buy mounts too. Whine about that

Remove the timegate, not the repgrind. If youre so opposed, tell me why my arguments are so bad and wrong
    Let's say I didn't play legion and I don't play legion at all, and I come back to wow for BFA (or am a new player), now I paid $70 for the game because I want to play a void elf, but wait a minute I can not play it cause I have to go back to old content to play a race I paid to play. Don't make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got a few of the Paragon rep mounts (2 felcrushers, highmountain, carpet and dragon)...i only use the battlenet app and 4 daily quests a day to get rep..i think people just aren't trying hard enough...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Imagine having to spend time and effort in an MMRPG to get something. Scary thought, I know
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.