Page 69 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Mind you, that only applies as long as Trump and his opponents are playing the same game. We already have him moving against his supposed checks and balances without repercussions. Trump being subpoena'd or even impeached would do little if he can ignore it.
    Which leads us to a constitutional crisis that may leave most of the GOP establishment either booted out or arrested. If it so happens the president can just ignore the law he swore to enforce and his party puts partisanship before the constitution then they can all be lead out in chains.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2018-02-03 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    so wait part of the memo has already been shown to being highly deceptive if not outright false?
    Yes. Most of it has been shown to be highly deceptive. Parts of it have been shown to be outright false. This is one of two statements that we know are false, the other being that comey testified that the dossier was salacious and unverified. He didn't testify to that, he testified that the pee tape allegations were salacious and unverified, then when asked about other parts of the dossier, said he couldn't comment at that would go into the details of the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    He testified under oath that the dossier was "salacious and unverified" to congress only to find out that he signed off on it to the FISA court beforehand.
    So, feel free to point that out, exactly. As was already dismantled by RedState (a conservative site). That line of assertion by Nunes was full of shit.

https://www.redstate.com/patterico/2...lity-question/

Although you just got refuted, I'd love to see your source.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Well, I disagree with Skroe on his stance, and I've watched him get labeled a leftist, a liberal, a faux-conservative, and that's... pretty crummy. Because the people saying that don't understand where he's coming from, his point of reference. Just because some people like to throw inaccurate labels around because they don't like what was said is no reason to write off all conservatives who have a better understanding and don't do that.
    Most(read not all) conservatives aren’t that nasty and combative though. That is a trait of their opposition.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Just a question, do you believe that it's possible to convince the anti-Trump crowd with any amount of evidence?
    When he comes out with evidence, it might help. But since he hasn't, no. And neither will you. Since your own posts have backfired so historically.

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    so wait part of the memo has already been shown to being highly deceptive if not outright false?
    Which part?

Edit: Forgot one
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2018-02-03 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Most(read not all) conservatives aren’t that nasty and combative though. That is a trait of their opposition.

Peace
    Do you have any evidence to back that up? I'd appreciate a peer-reviewed study if possible.

Most(read not all) conservatives aren’t that nasty and combative though.
    I mean, I don't think so. We also have people who are generally just right-wing in their views, and then you have right-wing conservatives.

I know quite a number of right-wing guys at work who are not conservatives. And they're much more brusque toward the left as well, to put it kindly. Exactly the type of people to hurl unfounded labels at anyone who says something they don't like.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2018-02-03 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Just realizing that "no investigation should be launched based on opposition research from political opponents!" is a really interesting take from the folks who backed using the "Clinton Cash" book and similar to justify looking into She-Who-Will-Not-Be-Named.

Especially since the author of that book openly admitted he had ZERO evidence for the book when he wrote it. But for this investigation, the dossier and Papadopoulos was the reason for this investigation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Damn, even Red State is throwing some cold water on the memo for factual inaccuracies on the part of Nunes to further a narrative.
    Even Trey Gowdy, the king of fake investigations, is adding more cold water on the narrative.

https://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2...nes-memo-boom/
    https://twitter.com/TGowdySC/status/...s-memo-boom%2F

It looks like Comey could be the first chip to fall, he could be charged with perjury tomorrow.
    I'm holding you to this, please don't be disappointing like today : (

He testified under oath that the dossier was "salacious and unverified" to congress only to find out that he signed off on it to the FISA court beforehand.
    No, he testified that he briefed Trump on "salacious and unverified" claims, never once specifying Steele Dossier.

Even Red State isn't buying that bullshit.

I mean, I don't think so. We also have people who are generally just right-wing in their views, and then you have right-wing conservatives.

I know quite a number of right-wing guys at work who are not conservatives. And they're much more brusque toward the left as well, to put it kindly. Exactly the type of people to hurl unfounded labels at anyone who says something they don't like.
    And that, my friend, is your difference.

Peace

7+ Year Old Account
    How does it feel to fall for propaganda AGAIN?

Even if one concedes that an investigation was started into the Papodoupolos matter, we can clearly see that the Steele dossier was the driving force behind the Mueller spectacle we see today.
    No, we can't. Fucking liar. YOU claim it is, but you don't actually know what is going on in the Mueller investigation.

And that, my friend, is your difference.

Peace
    Well thank you sir.

The right-wing without principles is self-defeating. And that goes beyond the issues or opinions on policy. It means treating the other side with respect and dignity, it means admitting when you're wrong, it means a lot of personal things. And I think those things are lacking among the right and the left, to deleterious effect.

He testified that he briefed Trump on parts of the dossier that were "salacious and unconfirmed," which is presumably the hooker pissing stuff, and did not use those words to describe the entire dossier:

COMEY: "The President called me I believe shortly before he was inaugurated as a follow-up to our conversation, private conversation on January the 6th. He just wanted to reiterate his rejection of that allegation and talk about - he’d thought about it more. And why he thought it wasn’t true. The verified - unverified and salacious parts."

Again, you don't have to go through life like this.

Nope. Try again:

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Ok. Thanks I guess. Whatever the point was, it's lost on me now. /shrug
    Everything is lost on you. You haven't backed up anything you ever post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I only ignore people who bore me, FYI.
    Or refute you, constantly. Simply because you are wrong all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    No, we can't. Fucking liar. YOU claim it is, but you don't actually know what is going on in the Mueller investigation.
    I really don't want to stick my neck out too far in my fist-pumping jubilation, and I regret it. I really do. We need to see the McCabe testimony, for one.

I'm going to have to ask for forgiveness on this one, I was at work and only had time to read a synopsis, and it was everything I wanted it to be, got super excited... I think that unless I'm being lied to, it's vindication for me, but I need to find out if I'm being lied to.

I'm sure that's what DNC thought too when they paid the justice department.
    What the actual fuck are you talking about? That the DNC paid the TRUMP JUSTICE DEPARTMENT? Are you high?

7+ Year Old Account
    I really don't want to stick my neck out too far in my fist-pumping jubilation, and I regret it. I really do. We need to see the McCabe testimony, for one.

I'm going to have to ask for forgiveness on this one, I was at work and only had time to read a synopsis, and it was everything I wanted it to be, got super excited... I think that unless I'm being lied to, it's vindication for me, but I need to find out if I'm being lied to.
    Let me help: you are being lied to.

Ask yourself why the Democratic memo is being blocked.
    Ask yourself why the trump appointed official has grave concerns about the accuracy of the memo.
    Ask yourself why they are misrepresenting comeys testimony about the dossier.

Why would they do all that?