Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

RPers; did your character(s) go to Argus IC-wise?

Mainly focused on the people who RP, but could be fun to get some point of view from those who don't, yet like making stories for their characters that they play.

Argus is the 'main planet' of demons and this was truly the final push of a 'Either we defeat the Legion once and for all - or Azeroth is doomed. Everything that we do counts.' scenario.

So, as the title says: Did your character(s) go to Argus IC-wise (In-character)? What did your character(s) do there?

If not, what were they up to? Did they try contribute to the campaign in some way, or did they not get involved? For what reason?
    Last edited by Sigxy; 2018-02-04 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post

Argus is the home of demons ?
    Argus is home of Eredar, not demons.

If not, what were they up to? Did they try contribute to the campaign in some way, or did they not get involved? For what reason?
    Was there, killed plenty of demons, killed bosses and Argus(the last boss) case closed.

The questlines are pretty much the story.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Argus is home of Eredar, not demons.
    Yeah my bad, I knew that but worded it absolutely wrong - thanks! It's still the demon 'HQ' though, so to speak!

Uh yeh. It was an IC goal since before Legion launched to purge as many demons as possible and eventually, kill demons on Argus.

10+ Year Old Account
    For two of my characters, they ventured there IC'ly. Always had the image of the Horde and Alliance preparing the Vindicaar fully, and not just taking the 'heroes'.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    For two of my characters, they ventured there IC'ly. Always had the image of the Horde and Alliance preparing the Vindicaar fully, and not just taking the 'heroes'.
    Pretty much my point of view as well. Just because RPers are not usually the 'heroes', there are many who are still fully dedicated to do what they can to finally defeat the Legion. One of my characters for example only care about the protection of Quel'Thalas, but since the Legion has been a threat on the whole Azeroth and thus Quel'Thalas, he's been actively helping out during the whole Legion expansion. There just wouldn't be any reason for him NOT to go to Argus and join in for the final push for the fate of Azeroth and his people.

Isn't this thread better suited for the RP section of the forum? Find it as a sub-forum of the Lore forum. (If this thread was moved since the time of my posting, it was in General Discussions)

As for if I roleplayed on Argus? Yeah, I took my guild there for a campaign. Though we were largely outmatched in the Antoran Wastes.
    My guild is an adventuring group with close connections to the Class Order Halls, a lot of us being members. So it made sense for us, as an organization dedicated to fighting threats like demons, to go there and contribute what we could.

The Legion conflict has brought us an amazing campaign. I've even put together a commemorative token coin in photoshop to give my guildies at the meeting tonight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Isn't this thread better suited for the RP section of the forum? Find it as a sub-forum of the Lore forum. (If this thread was moved since the time of my posting, it was in General Discussions)
    I did look for it but didn't consider it being in the lore section, so didn't find it. My bad. ;_:

Deleted
    Argus WAS the home of the Eredar
    fixed your flaw. now its a demon filled legion base.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    fixed your flaw. now its a demon filled legion base.
    Archimonde and Kil'jaeden are still Eredars(Man'ari - aka demonic eredars - https://wow.gamepedia.com/Eredar#Demonic_eredar ), same for the other who became demons.
    If you see a demon hunter it's not only demon, it has a race - blood elf or night elf.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2018-02-04 at 12:24 PM.

Archimonde and Kil'jaeden are still Eredars(Man'ari - aka demonic eredars - https://wow.gamepedia.com/Eredar#Demonic_eredar ), same for the other who became demons.
    If you see a demon hunter it's not only demon, it has a race - blood elf or night elf.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Eredar are demons. He called it the home of demons. I'm not sure what this argument is supposed to accomplish...

Deleted
    My Horde characters have surely been there IC if they have done some quests there. They have been active supporters of their Order Halls, which was the mission from the guild just as well. (RP guild with PvE focus, not that much PvP - both in gameplay and RP stories.) Beside the Order Hall support and the campaign against the legion, the mission from the guild was also to gather intelligence on various things, like specimen of Argus plants and animals, and samples of various materials. The guild has a strong focus on research and discovery, with a somehow scientific approach to things.

My Alliance characters are more of the adventurer type and soldiers of fortune; they also follow personal motivations of course. And all of them kinda have this motivation to go to Argus, so... they have been there in RP. At least if they have set foot there. If not, then they possibly plan to go there

Though, with some characters I will probably skip this topic altogether because they will probably hit max level only shortly before BfA and then, there is no reason to go to Argus anymore, since the Legion is defeated.

RP'ing Legion in general was hard for me because it was so "Hero" focused, unless you wanted to be that type of person.

I semi-retired because it didn't feel right to have my character sitting around dealing with domestic issues and the odd end-of-the-world cultist here and there as part of my guild storyline when Ysera died (this hit him hard for reasons), the Legion was burning the world, and Argus was looming in the sky, we never really broadcast as heroes even though our characters are skilled enough (on a day with good rolls), we prefer to deal with what the heroes leave behind like the legion attacking places in EK or holdouts.

This was a sentiment a lot of my guild felt though, soon as Argus vanished RP started picking up again, Allied Races were pretty irrelevant in that regard (I'm the only one actively RPing a Velf)
    Last edited by Veluren; 2018-02-07 at 01:48 PM.

Ic-wise?
    /10char
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering I take half of my irl and ingame life to build my characters. Sadly no, due to major illness and injury he stayed back but up until the day argus was resealed from Azeroth he would spend a hour or so a day hoping his friends and allies would make it back.
    Upon it closing he would be a bit sad to learn about illidan staying behind and now has just been relaxing, taking care of his children and recovering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, my character did pretty much everything, including high fiving Thrall at the end of Dragon Soul.

Went to Argus?Yes, fought most of bosses in Antorus?No.

They went there to figh, each one with personal vendettas and reasonings.
    Druid,Mono,Dh,Mage-Went to fight.
    Dk-Went to take care of the Daugther, the mage
    Warrior,Warlock,Shaman- Retribution for the Broken Shore
    Paladin-Avenge the unborn child.
    Priest,Hunter,Rogue- War of the Ancients Vendetta
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

5+ Year Old Account
    No, I do not count my characters strong enough to fight Argus-level demons.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin: Yes, she is Lady Liadrin's most trusted.
    Hunter: Yes, but only to observe the timeline and study it.
    Demon Hunter: Of course, "Lord Illidan knows the way!"
    Druid: No, not strong enough. Staying in the Broken Isles to protect further invasions.
    Priest: No, studying the void in class hall.
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

7+ Year Old Account
    So, as the title says: Did your character(s) go to Argus IC-wise (In-character)? What did your character(s) do there?

Headcannon says that mostly just the very anti-demon orders went to Argus on that first push (as entire orders). Namely the paladins, priests, demon hunters.
    Warriors and hunters because they fight often and well.
    Warlocks have a big reason to want to be on Argus, though not exactly as part of the Army of the Light campaign. Apart from that it's not entire organisations that went, but individual people or those under direct Horde/Alliance command.
    The remaining orders stay behind to secure/protect Azeroth. No point in storming ahead and defeating the enemy to find that your home has been devastated in the meantime. I'm also super sceptical that shamans could even be of use so far away from their elemental homeworld (can't remember how it was handled on Outland and Draenor). Bolvar probably does weird shenanigans at home. Rogues handle their own secrete society and try to acquire wealth.

My two mages are a different matter: The mage who created and is overseeing the Horde internal spy service (think MI:5) is staying in Dalaran/Azeroth.
    The Tirisgarde leader is staying as well and handling demons/matters on the Broken Shore and taking care of the supply line to Argus via portals in conjunction with the Kirin Tor. My Nightfallen amabassador (belf priest) is most likely staying in Suramar and helping with the reclamation there, especially since her own plot was resolved with ToS. The Conclave leader is a politician; I'm honestly not sure if he considers his presence in Antorus to be of value. The paladin is best buds with Liadrin and respects Velen too much to stay behind, so definitely on Argus and veeery much on the front in Antorus, along with her partner. Haven't really thought about the rest of them.