Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    I know the difference, because I was able to identify your theory as bullshit from start to finish, hence why there was no need to ask for a source.
    Kanye gets shit on because he doesn't know what he's talking about at least 80% of the time he opens his mouth, difference: I know my shit, and you got exposed for poorly formulating it, and that made you salty.

But please, do continue your lecture about why it is my fault that you can't provide proper context and then justify shitting on people for getting exposed. The tears feed me.
    The hell are you even talking about? She was extrapolating a likely scenario, not stating facts. How is she exposed? You can expose liars, not theorists openly theorizing.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
    By the way, do NPC's adress the allied races as 'Nightborne', 'Lightforged', 'Void Elf' or 'Highmountain Tauren' in quest texts?

Like for example: 'You look like a fine (insert-race here)."

And what about the quest 'Escape from Shaz'Gul' when you inspire Yrel by telling how your character started their journey? Do the allied races have their own new lines there?
    Ofc they do, such things are handled by various tags: $name, $race, $class. There's no need to adjust any quests to make things work.

How could Zul not get executed on the spot?
    I think that's pretty much about how the Alliance is always depicted. The Alliance locks people up. They are the Gotham Police Force of Azeroth. Stockade. Violet Hold. The whole Warden thing. The Orc Camps. Even Varian stopping Garrosh' execution. It's not the smart move, but it is the moral of the Alliance. An integral part of their form of justice.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    The hell are you even talking about? She was extrapolating a likely scenario, not stating facts. How is she exposed? You can expose liars, not theorists openly theorizing.
    Because to guys like him, his perception of someone's actions are more important than that person's actions and stated motivations. I'm tossing him back on ignore.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

I know that this will probably be the case, but I just find it cheap. Too big a coincidence. Tulanji may be explained (Zandalari emissary captured during her travels or something). but Zul? Everyone in both factions got a good reason to want his head as soon as possible.
    I will wait for them to explain it. But it probably wont be explained anyway with blizzards lousy writing. :/
    Crimea is Ukraine!

I know that this will probably be the case, but I just find it cheap. Too big a coincidence. Tulanji may be explained (Zandalari emissary captured during her travels or something). but Zul? Everyone in both factions got a good reason to want his head as soon as possible.
    we're fighting followers of zul at one point in the zandalari quest line.

can't remember where i heard it, but someone mentioned zul in reference to bad guys. so i don't think he'll actually be on our side.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

can't remember where i heard it, but someone mentioned zul in reference to bad guys. so i don't think he'll actually be on our side.
    Zul is one of Rastakhan's closest advisors, and the reason the Zandalari re-connected with the Mogu to help raise Lei Shin the Thunder King.

He's being held prisoner in Stormwind (We don't know how or why) and when we rescue Talajni (Rastakhan's Daughter) we'll be breaking Zul out of prison as well.

In BFA he'll be leading the opposition in the civil war to depose Rastakhan.

I wonder if Rastakhan will die and we'll get Talajni as the Horde's new Zanda-Leader?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

You missed the point. We are not talking about what will be during Zuldazar quest line, but how did Zul and Talanji end up in Stockades, and why is he even alive after all he did, which takes place before the Zandalar story.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I wonder if Rastakhan will die and we'll get Talajni as the Horde's new Zanda-Leader?
    Rastakhan will live based on datamined broadcast text. He has a speech after we get rid of Zul.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    You missed the point. We are not talking about what will be during Zuldazar quest line, but how did Zul and Talanji end up in Stockades, and why is he even alive after all he did, which takes place before the Zandalar story.
    ohh. i assume that'll be in the book, maybe. since it covers the stuff that happens just before the burning and lordaeron.

Maybe Zul sets up the burning of Teldrassil, and is arrested in the 'warning' of the Alliance of the horde's 'attack'.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Maybe Zul sets up the burning of Teldrassil, and is arrested in the 'warning' of the Alliance of the horde's 'attack'.
    How high are you right now?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    How high are you right now?
    No, it's "Hi, how are you?" /s
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Actually that's not true. For several classes they made a requirement such as frost being forced to dual wield for abilities.
    The requirements changed. The restrictions didn't.

You can still equip all the same gear you could before Legion. You just won't be able to use some abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean the Golden Fleet seems to have spread to multiple locations. One part, seemingly led by Garaj'al went to Pandaria to rez Lei Shen and gets the trolls land there. Another small part seems to have arrived in the Broken Isles but got beaten by Sea Giants or Naga. We can't really say where the rest of the Golden Fleet went. I don't think that the Alliance found Zul during the Pandaria campaign. They may well have found him earlier. Maybe Zul was on his way to Kul Tiras to conquer land there for his people, which is where Jaina finds him and hands him over to Anduin during the story patch. Possibly in Zul'dare
    Bringing up the Zandalari on the Broken Isles made me remember that there were also Kul'Tiran sailors there too. Perhaps Zul and Talanji were with this fleet, and were battling on the seas against the Kul'Tians before wrecking on the Broken Isles? Why Zul and Talanji end up in Stormwind is beyond me, but just a thought?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    Bringing up the Zandalari on the Broken Isles made me remember that there were also Kul'Tiran sailors there too. Perhaps Zul and Talanji were with this fleet, and were battling on the seas against the Kul'Tians before wrecking on the Broken Isles? Why Zul and Talanji end up in Stormwind is beyond me, but just a thought?
    Could've been captured in the Broken Isles?

Break out of the Giant-Prison, try to get word back to their people of where they are, wind up getting sighted on the open sea by the Stormwind Humans who are patrolling the area and want to bring Zul in for his crimes, so they're captured and thrown into the brig Thrall-style. Get back to SW, drop 'em off in a cell, Anduin doesn't even know they're there, yet, because of the chaos of Silithus, the Seething Shore, Tel'drassil, and Lordaeron...

Could work? Alternatively they could be heading over -to- the Broken Isles to try and rescue the crew of a ship with powerful mojo on board or something, and then get intercepted by the Alliance on their way in or out of that mission?

There's lots of little options. Maybe the Zandalari weren't completely unaware of the Legion's actions and were kind of "Helping in the Background" by fighting off Naga and Kraken and stuff that never made it -to- the Isles thanks to their efforts, before they get captured 'cause they're apparently (To some Stormwind Soldiers) about to attack the Alliance forces from behind at some location when they're really trying to land on the Broken Isles to Resupply and shit goes down...

Lots of stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

If Talan'ji was on the Golden Fleet (maybe conveying an order of her father to Zul) while Zul was assaulting Zul'Dare or Kul'Tiras and a small part of his fleet fled north, it makes sense if the majority fled south. Which is on the way to SW. It makes some sense geographically. Both factions will need footholds on the opposing faction continent and using Zul'dare for the Horde makes great sense; alternatively both factions will need their own bases on the same map when inevitably later on they will need to face a neutral threat; using Crestfall (as the location of the 4th Tirasian House maybe) and Zul'dare would again make great sense.
    ... yeah I like this one, better.

Also brings up a whole bunch of "You help us, we'll help you!" reasonability for both the Zanda and Kul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The requirements changed. The restrictions didn't.

You can still equip all the same gear you could before Legion. You just won't be able to use some abilities.
    Yeah but you know what the supposed leak implies right? It implies that dual wield frost, one handed fury, etc would become an option again by virtue of your skills not being restricted to a certain weapon type anymore.

Which would be great. Give us options.
    Top players will play whatever's best anyway. But for some just being able to be a Frost DK with a fuckhuge Axe or a Dual Wielding Survival hunter(!) is enough reason to play that class/spec.

Guys, the answer to the Zul question is simple.
    Remember, this expansion is a thematic retread of the Warcraft 2 era, including the part where Doomhammer lets Gul'dan live because he promises him Death Knights.

That's right, people: Say hello to Zul'dan.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

I mean they said that we will have thematic armor for each raid tier. I think each raid can probably support a couple of themes?

For Uldir you can have the troll-themed Titan armor and the Blood God armor.
    I was mostly talking about the gameplay element of it. Right now you have 6 tier pieces, but the bonus only goes up to 4, which allows you to mix and match. Sure, legiondaries and titanforged gear go against this principle, but they're getting rid of both, as far as "tier" is concerned (Azerite gear can't titanforge).

If the Azerite gear is a must have, which it probably is considering each piece has several artifact-like perks, then we can assume the main helmet, shoulders and chest of each tier will be Azerite gear. Now, will there be two or three options with different perks for each slot every tier? Or will there only be one because it's much easier to balance?
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2018-02-04 at 05:03 PM.

I just want to be able to use my scythe of the Unmaker on my WW monk.

- - - Updated - - -

It almost feels to me like Alpha HAS to come out this week. We know release schedule will be very similar to Legion and I’m pretty sure they started Broken Isles testing some time in January. And it’s february now with no Alpha for BfA which at latest would release 3 weeks after Legion did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    No, it's "Hi, how are you?" /s

Sorry couldn't resist...
    For the Horde!