Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    it makes it pay to win for lazy people who dont earn what they get. i dont know if we will have tokens but it would be preferable if they would just ban people buying and selling gold.
    which worked out so well in Vanilla or even more recent on Nostradamus...oh wait no it didnt. so you can be sure the token WILL be there. and you silly claim having lots of gold = you won the game?....

and your last point is stupid. what he means is we will get as close to vanilla as possible with very few exceptions.
    yes, facts you dont like are automatically stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabakaga View Post
    Big no! These tokens would only inflate the currency.
    Tokens don't create gold magically, they bring literally 0 gold into servers, what inflation you are talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    90% of people who played Classic over a decade ago have now grown up and got a lot less time to spend on video game, so I hope they add wowtokens/level boost to classic.
    Yes we have grown up and got a lot less time, but I still hope they will not add the tokens/boosts.
    Us adults got a lot less time to play the "grindy" parts of wow which is an decent chunk of what classic will be, they have every RIGHT as others with a lot of freetime on their hands to play classic, so they should be allowed to use wowtokens to play on classic.
    There have been "adults" even back then. Played with quite a few of them as well. I'd rather people who don't have time to simply play current WoW or play as it used to (can't have it all).
    Back then you had to get a lot of gold/grind to get your "special snowflake" stuff and wow tokens would only ruin this.
    The long grind was part of the game.
    In fact some of us would be willing to pay MORE than others, say token would cost 30euros! So our extra money goes to development/maintenance cost on servers, so everyone is happy. And if you still want to level the old way, you can still do that. It doesn't affect you!
    Actually, it does affect others and not just you. With a lot of gold you had an advenage on professions, buying epics even from guilds (my guild used to sell Naxx40 stuff as well fyi)... then you end up in your pro gear vs others in World PvP or a spot for a decent PvE guild... (not talking about naked rogue pvp)... so you just seem to have forgotten that it would affect. You end up with Pay2Win.
    Last edited by Rapti; 2018-02-04 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    which worked out so well in Vanilla or even more recent on Nostradamus...oh wait no it didnt. so you can be sure the token WILL be there. and you silly claim having lots of gold = you won the game?....

yes, facts you dont like are automatically stupid.
    pay to win means you get a boost of power for paying rl money. you can buy consumeables and mounts and even raid gear in gdkp runs. so yes it is p2w.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Adults played Classic WoW too.

pay to win means you get a boost of power for paying rl money. you can buy consumeables and mounts and even raid gear in gdkp runs. so yes it is p2w.
    There's a number of crafted epic items which are BiS too.

I don't see Tokens happening, It would change not only the atmosphere of the game but how it's played when they're some of the most important aspects of why we want classic in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

WoW Vanilla is heavily designed around gold being power. Perhaps more so than ever in WoW's history.

Many rare items are tradeable. Recipes. Formulas. Pre-Raid BiS. Stuff that get's you into guilds, because you are deemed "useful". Everything costs a lot of money, and thus others will be willing to power-level or power-gear for some of your P2W gold.

PVP will become broken, unless you think that going up against someone constantly flasked and "potioned up" is acceptable, because they had expendable income. The customers supporting tokens will not just be people wanting to save time. They will also be those who want a significant advantage over everyone else.

Some adults have less time and more money. Other adults have more bills and mortgages than ever before, along with lots of time. Blizzard being Blizzard may adopt tokens at a later point, but launching with this feature will be detrimental to the success of this project, IMO. It is the very definition of P2W. Buying power with real currency.

Level boosts are perhaps the less innocuous, even though I'm not a huge fan. Plebs who don't have time to level, won't have time to raid and work for goals either, so in the end, it may not matter, much. Then can sit in Ironforge with their 60's in blues and crappy epics, and run UBRS all day. Eventually after spending hundreds of USD / Euros, they realize this game is not for them. Even then, some would abuse this, just because they can (get 60 early on and farm contested items before others even get there, for instance).

Meh. It's not a fair play field, so not interested in tokens, or a P2W game.

Deleted
    yeah okay you clearly never played vanilla and your stupid comment just proved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    yeah okay you clearly never played vanilla and your stupid comment just proved it.
    ya ok i did. nice one though pulling the "clearly you never played vanilla" card.

look at vineri's post .

how hard is it to understand that you gain power from the gold you get? its fucking simple. you buy lots of different shit that increases your power including gear / recipies / consumeables / ect. but you dont understand. maybe i should say "clearly YOU never played vanilla".

That would make Vanilla pay to win, rofl.

No.

[QUOTE=Peroxidex;48814287]How would it ruin the economy? I open this to anyone who thinks it would, I would love to see any examples or even a theory as to why it would.

I think what the real reasoning is something along the lines of, "I don't want to spend real money for gold and would be upset if someone did to buy an item I wanted".

My only guess is it will incetify players to farm more gold then they usually do to be able to purchase month subscriptin or any other stuff that can be bought for token, and this will lead to gold inflation on the server since where is a demand there is an offer.
    Chinese gold farmers of course is a problem on modern servers but i assume banning them will be enough since it is no f2p and they will have to rebuy accounts (so the problem can't be the same as on private servers and honestly on retail back in those years i havent crossed this issue at all).

10+ Year Old Account
    90% of people who played Classic over a decade ago have now grown up and got a lot less time to spend on video game, so I hope they add wowtokens/level boost to classic.

Us adults got a lot less time to play the "grindy" parts of wow which is an decent chunk of what classic will be, they have every RIGHT as others with a lot of freetime on their hands to play classic, so they should be allowed to use wowtokens to play on classic.

In fact some of us would be willing to pay MORE than others, say token would cost 30euros! So our extra money goes to development/maintenance cost on servers, so everyone is happy. And if you still want to level the old way, you can still do that. It doesn't affect you!

-An adult who is looking forward to Classic like a kid.
    You assume everyone who played WoW in 2004 were kids? There were as many adults back then as it is now, and they always hade to balance IRL with ingame.

A big part of Vanilla was that gold was rare and farming it was SUPPOSED to be time consuming. With game tokens, it would completely break the game.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    My posts show the truth. We will get pure vanilla.
    0/10 try again.

Deleted

-An adult who is looking forward to Classic like a kid.
    They could add it but it wouldent work. How you gonna buy said token when getting just a couple hundred gold takes weeks of grinding? And how you gonna sell one when it'll take people longer than the time to make the gold to afford one?

As for boosts I though the whole point of this little nostalgia circle jerk was the leveling "experience" (I.e spending 6 months getting 60 levels doing the same kill x for x body part that not all X have for some reason quests)

Because that experiance seems to be the counter argument to how long do you think a stagnant game in a stagnant world will last?

This while thing is a farce mark my words

I think tokens in classic are a bad idea, economy would change
    Last edited by Yossarian; 2018-02-08 at 12:09 PM.

Deleted
    We won't see boosts, for sure. Tokens however, are fairly likely.

Char lvl boost = ok
    Char lvl boost WITH capped professions included = mixed feelings
    Gold token = mixed feelings

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    No WoW Tokens in Classic, it would unbalance the economy too much.
    But if they do not have Classic and Retail on the same sub fee then I am fine with some way to use a WoW token you can farm on Retail to pay for a month of Classic.
    You can already convert to token to Blizzard balance with which you can buy any game and it's services.

Also no, what's the point of the vanilla experience if you can skip it. Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    That would make Vanilla pay to win, rofl.

No.
    Paying for a Spirit and Time Room Dragonball style would be the only real p2w option. Having tons of time is the only pre-req to conquer Vanilla.

People with more gold in Vanilla were not smarter or more skilled than others, they had simply more time to spend in-game (myself included).

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Paying for a Spirit and Time Room Dragonball style would be the only real p2w option. Having tons of time is the only pre-req to conquer Vanilla.

People with more gold in Vanilla were not smarter or more skilled than others, they had simply more time to spend in-game (myself included).
    If you have enough gold I'm sure a couple of guilds will pull your weight through some raids if you fill up their guild-bank. A lot of PvE gear is used in PvP also.

So it's pay to win, end of discussion.