Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Isn't the whole world technically a hooters where hot women dominate rich men, the internet, music, fashion, and use their body to get what they want and make money? Hooters is just nature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    Hooters is just nature.
    Lot of wisdom in those few words and kind of a great way to put it

Women love cute things like cats and babies

Men love women's bodies and enjoy watching/fucking them

We've made these simple truths so weird and complicated by over-analysing the why, when the answer is simply that we are controlled by our biology like everything else that is alive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Actually, objectifying people is morally wrong.

Most people manage to not dehumanize women or men. So peak for yourself.
    Actually, there isn't anything morally wrong with objectifying people. You might find it morally wrong, but that doesn't mean that it is morally wrong.

Everyone does this in one way or another, and yes you do this too. Every time you think of someone as pretty you are objectifying them, same goes for ugly, fat ass, thin ass or really you can insert any and all remarks you can think of when you see another human being. Every time you notice something special about a person you are objectifying them, you are not noticing the person, you are noticing a trait of that person. You literally can not hire a person to work for you without objectifying them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, objectifying people is morally wrong.
    That's an absolute statement that isn't always true.

Obviously, you should respect women for more than their bodies and their appearance. But if a woman (or a man for that matter)consents to be objectified, consents to have her body utilized as such, then there's nothing wrong with it. If you claim that objectifying people is morally wrong, then virtually every modeling agency in the world is morally wrong.

If there's a cute girl at work, obviously you shouldn't be ogling her. But if she consents to be a model then that's on her, that's her prerogative. She chose to be in that deodorant ad wearing nothing but a bikini bottom and a hand bra. She signed a form that said "yes, you can use my body to sell products."

And Hooters is no different. They're using the female form, with their consent, to sell wings. Because there is consent, there's nothing wrong with it.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    It is and it's fine. It's not like they're naked in a strip club.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    WWE is different. There's very few of these women. With hooters and other such objectifying joints, it's much more common.
    Funny how Tennis completely ignores the point the other Poster made. I guess tennis is one of those "it isn't sexist if it's about men" crazies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old news is old

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Yep, just let the markets do whatever they want without regulation...

What happens when you do not regulate markets (child coal miner America^)
    Alternative is starvation ... Leftists are scum of the earth
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Yep, just let the markets do whatever they want without regulation...
    [IMG]https://memegenerator.net/img/images/600x600/15900256/child-laborer.jpg[IMG]
    What happens when you do not regulate markets (child coal miner America^)
    i agree that markets should be regulated to a pretty heavy extent.

but not in this way. hooters, as scummy as it feels, is selling a service. they're offering food and a chance to interact with scantly clad women, that's a-ok in my book. sex should be able to be sold, as long as it's entirely consensual.

hell, i even want legal brothels to be a thing.

Wrong. Bolded parts.
    You don't get to pick one word out and say someone is wrong.

Sexual objectification is the act of treating a person as a mere object of sexual desire. Objectification more broadly means treating a person as a commodity or an object without regard to their personality or dignity.
    bolded part and bigger bolded part.

Ever get tired of being wrong yet?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I like their wings.

So, if I'm reading correctly, people are complaining that people...are not complaining about Hooters, to be called ''ugly feminist lesbian'' ?

Is that the gig of it ?

Hooters, to me, is actually one of those more oddly progressive types of objectification.

Considering it's quite open that the business model of the restaurant is that the servers are meant to be pleasing to a certain clientele. If you're applying to work at such a place then you're clearly consenting to the idea that you will be objectified. The problem becomes when more than just objectification occurs ("you can look, but don't touch" sort of idea). And the hope would be that leaving will not become a stigmatizing stain on your future endeavors.

It's actually similar to the ideal of what the Sex Industry should be. That any individual who wants to participate should be able to freely join and leave so long as we all respect each others boundaries.
    Last edited by Baelic; 2018-02-04 at 10:31 PM.

yeah they are, so what? anyone who works there does so willingly, it's their entire business model.

plenty of stuff uses sex appeal to sell itself.

they're literally not hurting anyone. unless they're actually mistreating the waitresses, in which case that's an entirely different thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Is Hooters objectifying their servers by making them wear skimpy tight clothing? I'm surprised the pc crowd isn't protesting this
    im surprised this needs a thread. of course i have this feeling you made this thread just to bait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    I like their wings.
    their wings are terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    What could a customer do to objectify them? Ask them to go out on a date or for a lap dance?
    you do realize you can get a lap dance at a strip club?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about Twin Peaks?

No, and if your first thought open seeing a woman in skimpy clothing is "my god, people will treat her like an object" you may be sexist. Kind of like if you see a black person walking around in a hoodie near some cops and your first thought is "i hope the cops don't stop that black man" you probably are letting your racism leak out and should work on that.

I've never been to hooters but from the people that have been there as well as the few times i've seen it on TV or twitch live streams, I can tell you for sure that the people that visit hooters don't see the women as objects, they basically worship them.

The men complaining that this is objectifying are just upset that they're too meak and beta to ever approach a girl, let alone a girl in sexy clothing and the women doing the same are doing it because they are jealous that they don't have the confidence to flaunt their body or the body for it to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you do realize you can get a lap dance at a strip club?
    That was the point. What was yours?

Surely one can admire a woman's beauty without reducing her to a mere object?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Wouldn't be hooters without... hooters.