Thread: OP Racials

OP Racials

Tanks = Tauren Horde

Rugged Tenacity - Reduces damage taken by 1.8% of stamina.
    Mountaineer - Increases your Versatility by 1%.

Healing/Damage = Void Elf Alliance

Essence of the Void - increases damage and healing by 5% for 12 seconds.
    Preternatural Calm - Your spell casts are not delayed by taking damage.

Range Damage = Nightborne Horde
    Arcane Affinity - Increases magical damage 1%.
    Arcane Pulse - Deals 5000 Arcane damage to nearby enemies every 2 seconds and snares them by 50%. Lasts 20 sec.

Seems like alliance is favored with damage(melee and range) and healing vs just range damage and tank for horde and the horde damage requires to be in melee range for the other talent

With the next 2 allied races do you think they might favor melee damage?
    Do you think the racials are going to be lackluster like lightforged?
    Last edited by nomorepriest; 2018-02-04 at 11:40 PM.

Deleted
    Void Elf racial is far from being op. It's worse than some of the older ones.

Deleted
    Blizz stated that Racials are largely made with lore and flavour in mind. By the way, you forgot Spatial Rift for Void Elves. It's criminally underrated at the moment.

It'll changr when more and more max lv Velves will start to pop up though. It's a fantastic racial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well the thing about Spatial Rift is that it is only great if you are a great player. Most players will struggle to use it properly.
    Yeah i have already seen many people whining that it's a useless racial. I mean what!? This racial is amazing. It's not a straight up mobility or blink racial. It can let you travle insane distances in combination with other mobility options.

It requires a bit of pre planning, but top PvP players are going to do some impressive jukes with this thing.

I was only listing performing stats...

Teleport and mining faster or whatever else is just extra.

A flat 1% damage for being nightborne (granted only as a caster) has got to be up there for damage racials tbh.

So Horde has had berserking and bloodrage for 13 years, but alliance get 1 good racial and its unfair?

Ignore op

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post

"Teleport" is not just extra. If used correctly, it can easily be the most valuable racial Velves have.

You are right.. I’ll add that.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    A flat 1% damage for being nightborne (granted only as a caster) has got to be up there for damage racials tbh.
    - - - Updated - - -

Only if you tunnel a lot... it’s called just dodging shit

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    "Teleport" is not just extra. If used correctly, it can easily be the most valuable racial Velves have.

Deleted
    Void elves are not op,for tanks the op are either highmountain tauren or night elf depending on what stats you want. The rugged tenacity passive for highmountain might look good but if you actually do the math its terrible, my main tank has around 164000 stamina which means he mitigates about 3000 damage per hit meanwhile he has an HP pool of 10,6 million meaning that the actually damage being mitigated essentially zero when you take into consideration things like, armor, stagger and any other mitigation.

For dps human,dwarf/tauren, belf, troll and goblin are the only realistic choices, there might be some niche exceptions and if you know any please post a sim to back it up, i know that for my friend nightborne is a few hundred dps above troll for the gear he is wearing right now, The idea that either faction is overpowered is just wrong unless you are an arcane mage and the troll racial is so far ahead its silly,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Assa Rogues use poisons a lot. Sub has some shadow damage. Hunters have some magic damage here and there. Especially Survival in BfA from the looks of things.

I think only Warriors don't benefiet from that 1% racial.
    Now granted, that 1% harder hitting Arcane Shot isn't going to blow people away or anything, but it's still more damage.

Alliance has flat % for dodge for tanks Nightelf
    Stone form dwarf
    Gift of the naaru Draeni 20% heal
    Increase 1% haste or a aura that gives main stats.

. GTFO

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    So Horde has had berserking and bloodrage for 13 years, but alliance get 1 good racial and its unfair?

Ignore op

Deleted

Teleport isn't 'just extra'. It's a HUGE deal. Anybody who knows how to use their timers in DBM will make great use of this in mythic raids.

Positioning is king in both competitive PVE and PVP, and the Velf teleport racial is certainly one of the stronger ones out there. As many people said, only skilled players will use it to the fullest and make it seem OP. The average player will look at its moving speed and base range and go "meh."
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Only if you tunnel a lot... it’s called just dodging shit
    Sure, but the less time you spend dodging the more time you can spend doing regular dps.

I see the exact same thread daily here...

And no, the Allied races racials aren't nearly as strong as you think. All of them are, in fact, quite insignificant (not something a mythic raider would consider to race Change). Anyways, though, this thread should be closed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    Yeah i have already seen many people whining that it's a useless racial. I mean what!? This racial is amazing. It's not a straight up mobility or blink racial. It can let you travle insane distances in combination with other mobility options.

It requires a bit of pre planning, but top PvP players are going to do some impressive jukes with this thing.
    Using it should also break roots (at least that's what I just had).

10+ Year Old Account
    There are existing threads to discuss this in.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)