Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Before i forget: There may not have been a lot of franks, but their influence and role was significant. It's a bit like the norman conquest where a few thousand normans ruled over millions of anglo-saxons. Of course they were few, but their importance in history is indisputable.
    The Norman conquest is even more interesting because the Normans were nominally Vikings who had adopted French culture, whereas most of the "Anglo-Saxons" were probably descended from the Romano-Britons and not the Germanic invaders. And all that is compounded by the fact that Norse, French, Gallic, Saxon, Briton, etc. were all kind of just arbitrary labels assigned to various groups when they were first encountered by literate peoples, who knows what other mass migrations and invasions took place in the past that we have no record of?

To be honest, it was just a matter of time. And if countries in Western Europe don't stop the illegal migration from Africa and Middle East this kind of retaliatory attacks will only intensify and increase in numbers. Especially if the people feel like their country is not doing enough to protect them, like in this case where an illegal migrant chopped an 18 year old to pieces and hid her corpse into coffers.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Again, none of this refutes my point. Yes ancient Rome was a multi cultural society, yes slaves were imported in from around the globe. Yes immigration all over Europe was rampant. But even after the fall of the Roman Empire, Rome still identified as Rome.
    I literally just finished refuting that.

Or well, to put it another way: sure they identified as Rome. But they weren't. Kind of the point.

Let's try this, Italy's current population is 60 million. By 2100 the population will consist of 49% native born and 51% immigrants. Does that have any impact the culture of the society? If there was a remote island that had 100 islanders living on it and 120 new immigrants move themselves in, would that impact the original islanders?
    First of all, I doubt it. Secondly, Italy like almost every country consists of 100% of immigrants, it simply depends how far back you go.

And Italy today is not even recogniseable as Italy of the 1950s. It has changed many, many, many times over the centuries and it will change again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I most certainly do. Retributive justice is still justice.
    Yes, but what you are calling for is just "retribution" not "retributive justice".

Deleted
    The extreme right is soaring in Italy right now, and it's not so strange with the constant pressure of boat refugees and the presence of thousands of illegal Africans that roam many village streets. Many Italians just had enough.

The EU isn't helping and only offers empty promises, so don't be surprised when the next Mussolini appears in Italy in the coming decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    So in the end it was a random racist shooting. Could Italy be even more fucked than I thought, is that even possible? Maybe it'd be good to build a wall of some kind, so their self-inflicted idiocy doesn't spill over to us.
    Are you really using thiscrazy man to bash a whole nation??? Seems like stupidity ALREADY went over you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Our elected officials must condemn overt national sentiment and any elements of European/American (read: white) patriotism. There's no place for it in 2018. The far right are a bunch of bullies and they're violent. Our elected officials must put a stop to them.

Natacha Bouchart should be sacked, she is grossly incompetent and disconnected from the people.
    I'm honestly not sure if you're just a troll or not at this point. In any case, scum like you needs to be put down.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2018-02-05 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Infracted: flaming

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    The extreme right is soaring in Italy right now, and it's not so strange with the constant pressure of boat refugees and the presence of thousands of illegal Africans that roam many village streets. Many Italians just had enough.

The EU isn't helping and only offers empty promises, so don't be surprised when the next Mussolini appears in Italy in the coming decade.
    Are you really gloating about the impending revival of fascism? Isn't the line that modern day right wingers have nothing at all to to do with fascists, and that in fact it is the SJW leftist beta libcucks that are the real fascists?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Are you really gloating about the impending revival of fascism? Isn't the line that modern day right wingers have nothing at all to to do with fascists, and that in fact it is the SJW leftist beta libcucks that are the real fascists?
    N gloating from my end of things. I recent it and it should be battled actively.

But like I said, everyone in the EU is aware what's going on in Italy but no one really offers help.
    The idea is that as long as the problem stays in Italy, it's at least not our problem. But eventually, the problem with a possible rise of fascism IS our problem too.

And the Catalans are still hating on Spain, it doesn't negate my point. Italians from Milan would have more in common with those from Sicily than they would from someone from Nigeria or Sudan.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes that's true, but whether you are from Venice, Florence or from Catania you are still going to identify as a native Italian. Unless of course, you were born in Mozambique and immigrated to Italy, in which case you would be just Italian.

- - - Updated - - -

If cultures are always in a state of flux then why does the left get so upset about cultural appropriation? Why do we worry about reparation to indigenous Indians and Aborigines if their culture was changing anyway thus unimportant.

Nowhere have i claimed cultures are forever static, but to suggest a civilisation that has been around for over two millennia has no cultural significance is disingenuous.
    uhm no, you are lucky if you find a venetian that identify himself as "veneto" (the entire region of venice) insteand of simply venetian. the probability that he wouldn't be associated with a "vicentino" (from "vicenza" another "veneto" city) are pretty high.
    nationalist arent so many, lega nord is a strong regional party (specifically of veneto and lombardia regions) that until a bunch of years ago never would touch south italy even with a stick. even the actual leader song "Vesuvio lavali col fuoco" (vesuvius clean them with fire) to the neapolitans until like 8 years ago (basically until he found a possibility of leadership in his party)

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    We got a fascist(FvD/Baudet) party here in the Netherlands too, people are happy about weird things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    To be honest, it was just a matter of time. And if countries in Western Europe don't stop the illegal migration from Africa and Middle East this kind of retaliatory attacks will only intensify and increase in numbers. Especially if the people feel like their country is not doing enough to protect them, like in this case where an illegal migrant chopped an 18 year old to pieces and hid her corpse into coffers.
    Oh look, somebody else defending murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Oh look, somebody else defending murder.
    Far from it. I'm just making an observation. If you don't like the truth, your problem, that won't change the reality no matter how much you might wish for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    N gloating from my end of things. I recent it and it should be battled actively.

But like I said, everyone in the EU is aware what's going on in Italy but no one really offers help.
    The idea is that as long as the problem stays in Italy, it's at least not our problem. But eventually, the problem with a possible rise of fascism IS our problem too.
    So your suggestion is that, in order to prevent the rise of fascism, we should embrace their concerns and give them everything they demand? That didn't work in 1938, you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Far from it. I'm just making an observation. If you don't like the truth, your problem, that won't change the reality no matter how much you might wish for it.
    Ye, whatever you say.
    Hey, maybe you should convert to islam, not doing so will cause more islamic terrorism!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    There is no difference. European politicians are systemically trying to wipe out native cultures by flooding Europe with immigrants. The Brittish realised this and to their credit went Brexit. Sweden now realises this and they are trying to put the hand brake on. The Eastern European nations are awake to it and closed their borders. German and French citizens are pushing back.
    There 100% is a difference, no matter how many immigrants are brought into the country unless they start wiping out the people already there and actively crushing there culture it will not be the same as what happens to the native Americans.

So your suggestion is that, in order to prevent the rise of fascism, we should embrace their concerns and give them everything they demand? That didn't work in 1938, you know.
    not their demand but the normal peoples demand, the guy who killed the girl was an illegal immigrant, a drug pusher and was already know to police why he was still there? why he wasn't thrown out? this kind of thing are the reason the far right movement are gaining lot of support.

To sum it up peoples are fed up with the general attitude the left has toward criminal, funnily this guy who almost killed ten plus peoples due to the lax of laws made by the left will end up released in max ten year.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Per definition, a meted out penalty is justice, even if it's death penalty.
    Maybe per your personal defintion, but incidentially that is why we call it "retribution" instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post
    italians are not white btw
    They certainly are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    not their demand but the normal peoples demand, the guy who killed the girl was an illegal immigrant, a drug pusher and was already know to police why he was still there? why he wasn't thrown out? this kind of thing are the reason the far right movement are gaining lot of support.

To sum it up peoples are fed up with the general attitude the left has toward criminal, funnily this guy who almost killed ten plus peoples due to the lax of laws made by the left will end up released in max ten year.

Ah, the good ol' left boogeyman. a fun fact, did you know that most of the immigrant populations in europe are caused by right wing policies?(Coloniasm and worker-migrants in the '60s).

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Ah, the good ol' left boogeyman. a fun fact, did you know that most of the immigrant populations in europe are caused by right wing policies?(Coloniasm and worker-migrants in the '60s).
    in fact they are caused by the big corporation exploiting africa resources but that isn't the point, the real blunder that win support for the right is that modern left is extremely tolerant toward criminals (both immigrant and indigenous), due to every strict law called fascist that guy will mostly get 10 year in prison.

Enfasis on the word modern, because with the old one, this guy and the one who killed the girl would have been removed from society and never been see again.
    Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2018-02-05 at 03:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    in fact they are caused by the big corporation exploiting africa resources but that isn't the point, the real blunder that win support for the right is that modern left is extremely tolerant toward criminals (both immigrant and indigenous), due to every strict law called fascist that guy will mostly get 10 year in prison.

Enfasis on the word modern, because with the old one, this guy and the one who killed the girl would have been removed from society and never been see again.

How much do they pay you to make up bullshit? Or do it for free? bit of a waste if you do, you can get paid for doing this these days, you know?