Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    Friends don't call each other monsters based on allegiance (not especially when you at one point tried to ally yourself with the same people even though you would betray your former allies) as Lor'themar clearly does when he starts questioning Alleria's ties to the Void after she mentions arriving on behalf of Anduin (who is much nicer than his father with whom Lor'themar was very happy to discuss his own shift in loyalties). And then he appears to stage a political assassination of a war hero, while endangering his city, people and font of magical power, despite his chief magician warning him not to.
    If you believe that you have no idea about Lor'themars character as a whole.

Also, I would like to see Rommath try to imprison Alleria who can teleport through a dimension that scares him so much that he exiled those who wanted to study it despite them being at best on the same continent as his precious Sunwell. And who is a Ranger-General with potent magical powers over one of two fundamental forces of the Universe. Really, Lor'themar was wise to let her go instead of trying to apprehend her. Not like he could hope to hold her in prison. Legion couldn't hold the Locus Walker who tutored Alleria, and they had a headstart over Rommath by millenia.
    First of all Alleria was a ranger captain, two ranks beneath ranger general and with all the elves present Alleria would have lost a confrontation, her enemies would have been Rommath, Lor'themar, Thalyssra, Sylgrin , Valtrois including several spellbreakers, she was utterly surrounded and you can put someone into an anti magic field and hold them there, even powerful void entities. Take Zuramat for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    They dont want to show to the alliance players what unstable fuckup Alleria really is.
    Classic example of a new person who don't know about Alleria, or Turalyon originally, only recently being aware of them and not knowing anything about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Classic example of a new person who don't know about Alleria, or Turalyon originally, only recently being aware of them and not knowing anything about them.
    You talking about me? Because Aleria was unstable even back during second war (mentaly).

Alleria and Turalyon have been with each other for over a milllenia, and even apart they still love each other dearly. I wouldn't think they'd be past getting into some kinky shadow-light action because of this.

5+ Year Old Account
    @Vladier

He never calls her a monster.

He never comes -close- to calling her a monster.

When she shows up spouting an offer from Anduin, he's annoyed 'cause he thought his friend was coming home for a visit, or to stay, not to throw diplomacy at him.

She immediately insults him as "Mouthpiece of the Warchief" and -then- he makes a remark about her fall into the Void.

He ain't nice, but he's not the jerkass you're making him out to be.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Alleria has become more stable, she was driven to suicidal rage back in Wc2 and slowly recovered from that and now she can withstand the most corrupting force in existence, that enslaved greater minds. Which is kinda weird, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I was thinking more mentally unstable but if you look at it that way then ya I guess she is unstable.
    Dabbling in the void in the first place is the definition of mental instability.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    She had no way of knowing that would happen - and she helped protect it. Also I play both sides buddy
    Is told sunwell is a literal manifestation of the light.

Can't even touch Turalyon without burning pains. > Turalyon is probably the most light infused character in wow atm.

So she dips her hand into the Sunwell. If you've paid any attention to the lore you would know she knew EXACTLY what would happen.

She is sent visions by the void that helped defeat the Burning Legion. She says she controls her powers but the event at the sunwell shows she cannot control it. Nether Prince Durzaan used Alleria to try to corrupt the sunwell.

People seem to forget this is a story and not history. Alleria has the potential to be a great character, but based on what we know and Il'gynoth's whispers she will likely die before she gets that chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    They dont want to show to the alliance players what unstable fuckup Alleria really is.
    It isn't really her fault the Shadowguard are stalking her. For all we know they're following us as well, considering we made ourselves quite the enormous thorn in their side at Mac'aree.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Dabbling in the void in the first place is the definition of mental instability.
    Reasonably if you can control it it wouldn’t be a problem as void and light are what make up every thing, if alleria and the void elfs can control is up in the air as of now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Is told sunwell is a literal manifestation of the light.

Can't even touch Turalyon without burning pains. > Turalyon is probably the most light infused character in wow atm.

So she dips her hand into the Sunwell. If you've paid any attention to the lore you would know she knew EXACTLY what would happen.

She is sent visions by the void that helped defeat the Burning Legion. She says she controls her powers but the event at the sunwell shows she cannot control it. Nether Prince Durzaan used Alleria to try to corrupt the sunwell.

People seem to forget this is a story and not history. Alleria has the potential to be a great character, but based on what we know and Il'gynoth's whispers she will likely die before she gets that chance.
    I wouldn't trust Il'gynoth, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Eyeball monsters trying to destroy your world make the best primary sources.

I think it shows more the arrogance of Main Timeline Velen. AU Velen had to sacrifice himself to cleanse a Naaru. MT Velen just waves his hand and M'uru's core is perfectly fine? Its surface blazes brightly, masking shadows below.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Blizzard put those whispers in as a foreshadow. That much is pretty obvious. Trust Il'gynoth? No. But I think Blizzard intended for things like that to be a foreshadow into what events we can reasonably expect. If you think about it the void has already done a lot. And much of what I'lgynoth has said has come true already. Don't forget Blizzard continued Il'gynoth's little whispers. Lor'themar calling Anduin a boy king?

Il'gynoth: The Boy-King serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you.
    Lor'themar: I had hoped your visit was motivated by a love for Silvermoon. Instead, you come at the behest of the Alliance's boy-king. How disappointing.
    Ogmot: Three lies. Da first one been told. Bound by dat throne? No. Free, Free! Da next gonna come soon. Maybe dey see dis one.

Blizzard is using the whispers. We can assume they'll at the very least play a role in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Was funny when Lorthemar has done nothing in game...almost ever. Was funny when he wasn't present during any of the Legion. Was funny when he didn't even want to help in Wrath. What HAS he done exactly?
    His only real claim to fame was his role during mists where he was promanet throughout the garrosh campain, culminating with the initial push against the gates of org.

5+ Year Old Account
    Soo... I went back to the Alliance version of the Silithus Cutscene and listened to what Anduin had to say. And only one thing could have been a lie, and it had to do with a Throne.

Anduin states that we defeated the Burning Legion. And we did so by binding Sargeras to his Throne in the Seat of the Pantheon, so that Illidan could whup his evil butt for all eternity.

Bound by that throne? No. Free, Free!

If that's the Lie, then Illidan might be Sargeras's new vessel in a future expansion. Or Sargeras as a Titan remnant rather than a full-fledged Titan might be a future enemy. Possibly Void-Corrupted, since he's the last fully powered LIVING Titan, or was before Illidan killed him, rendering him vulnerable, perhaps?

Either way, if that's the First Lie, it's a damned doozy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Soo... I went back to the Alliance version of the Silithus Cutscene and listened to what Anduin had to say. And only one thing could have been a lie, and it had to do with a Throne.

Anduin states that we defeated the Burning Legion. And we did so by binding Sargeras to his Throne in the Seat of the Pantheon, so that Illidan could whup his evil butt for all eternity.

Bound by that throne? No. Free, Free!

If that's the Lie, then Illidan might be Sargeras's new vessel in a future expansion. Or Sargeras as a Titan remnant rather than a full-fledged Titan might be a future enemy. Possibly Void-Corrupted, since he's the last fully powered LIVING Titan, or was before Illidan killed him, rendering him vulnerable, perhaps?

Either way, if that's the First Lie, it's a damned doozy.
    Il'gynoth's whispers happened in 7.0. By 7.3.5 he has told a lie. It doesn't have to be from 7.3.5. It could be anything Anduin has said all expac long.

5+ Year Old Account
    Il'gynoth's whispers happened in 7.0. By 7.3.5 he has told a lie. It doesn't have to be from 7.3.5. It could be anything Anduin has said all expac long.
    It's true... someone want to dig through everything Anduin's said between Ily and Now? Particularly look for things related to Thrones.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    It's true... someone want to dig through everything Anduin's said between Ily and Now? Particularly look for things related to Thrones.
    The lie is that he's the king when we find out that he's actually a synth.

Deleted
    But I do think it's not a coincidence, that Ogmot's diary makes it clear, the lie gets told after the bugs and the Goblins arrive in Silithus. Plus all the stuff he says about a victory for the Old Gods on Argus and then the thing about the throne.
    It could still be something else ofc, but I was getting the impression that the timeline was chosen deliberately in the diary.

My guess is, for an Old God servant a lie is also a lie if you believe what you say to be true. Especially when a follower of the Light says it.