Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Doesn’t look very good though seeing more of the empire is nice I guess.

I clapped when I saw chewbacca.

so many things I recognize!

10+ Year Old Account
    My thoughts;

1> We get plenty of Han Solo. Do we NEED an origin? Could we not have done an even better "Lando Calrissian: A Star Wars Story" film, and incorporate the few bits of Han's story in that mix (since they're buds)? Really, all we needed to know about Han was "where did he learn to fly", "how did he meet Chewie", and "where'd he get the Falcon". And you can cover that in a Lando film. The Falcon started out as Lando's. Here's your shoestring plot: Lando wants to pull off a heist. Pulls together a team, including a hotshot Imperial pilot with a gambling problem and loose loyalties (Solo). While they're conducting the heist, Han notices slaves, including a wookie, insists on freeing them. Lando bitches, finally agrees, Han releases the slaves, Chewie insists on following and helping. Movie ends with Han winning the Falcon off Lando.

2> Han seems way too growly and serious and in control. Watch the original trilogy. He's always flailing and panicking and making silly faces and wisecracks. Often in the most serious moments. If anything, he should be even more "hold my beer and watch this" in this film, since he's younger and has everything to prove, and he seems way less this.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Uh, Lando was in that trailer. Donald Glover is playing him. He's part of the "team" they're putting together.
    Oh god is donald glover lando.............

I will likely enjoy it. Mostly because im not expecting better than Harison Ford's Han Solo and I am not expecting a movie better than Empire. I also don't give to much one way or the other about politics and political messaging in movies (which seems to have gotten up a lot of peoples asses these days with SW).

Just an action movie in the SW universe. Works for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it will be a funny, light summer block buster. No lofty ideals like the main storyline, no seriousness and sacrifice like Rogue One. Just Ocean's Eleven or Hudson Hawk in space. It works fine by me.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

One of the last EU novels, by Timothy Zahn, was about a similar premise. Scoundrels.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    I clapped when I saw chewbacca.

so many things I recognize!
    It's gonna be great.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    My thoughts;

1> We get plenty of Han Solo. Do we NEED an origin? Could we not have done an even better "Lando Calrissian: A Star Wars Story" film, and incorporate the few bits of Han's story in that mix (since they're buds)? Really, all we needed to know about Han was "where did he learn to fly", "how did he meet Chewie", and "where'd he get the Falcon". And you can cover that in a Lando film. The Falcon started out as Lando's. Here's your shoestring plot: Lando wants to pull off a heist. Pulls together a team, including a hotshot Imperial pilot with a gambling problem and loose loyalties (Solo). While they're conducting the heist, Han notices slaves, including a wookie, insists on freeing them. Lando bitches, finally agrees, Han releases the slaves, Chewie insists on following and helping. Movie ends with Han winning the Falcon off Lando.

2> Han seems way too growly and serious and in control. Watch the original trilogy. He's always flailing and panicking and making silly faces and wisecracks. Often in the most serious moments. If anything, he should be even more "hold my beer and watch this" in this film, since he's younger and has everything to prove, and he seems way less this.
    Actor seems to phone in performance...is not even trying..
    Everyone seemed more interesting than Ehrenreich...Lando guy (never seen him in a movie, who is he?) Woody Harrelson, Chewie, Khaleesi..they need to appear in the trailer to carry the movie cuz Ehrenreich sure isn't doing it..whatever he was trying to go for, I'm not feeling any sort of Han Solo vibe..

why oh why didn't they go for anthony ingruber...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Everyone seemed more interesting than Ehrenreich...Lando guy (never seen him in a movie, who is he?) Woody Harrelson, Chewie, Khaleesi..they need to appear in the trailer to carry the movie cuz Ehrenreich sure isn't doing it..whatever he was trying to go for, I'm not feeling any sort of Han Solo vibe..

I'm okay with the actor looking nothing like Harrison Ford, as long as he nails the character. Maybe Solo got reconstructive surgery to hide his face, or something; they can spin it.

But he needs to be crazypants sillyface mcgee. This is Han Solo;

He's a giant fucking dork. And doesn't care about it. Turning him into Serious Hardened Criminal Man is a giant mistake, and I seriously hope the trailer's just really bad at showing us what Han is gonna be like.

Deleted
    He is also "Marching into the detention area is not what I had in mind."

and then goes to do some batshit crazy things, cuz that's how he is..

Ehrenreich is trying to be Baby Driver in space..and a bit fast n furious

and the typical teenage tropes lines "I was kicked out of the flight academy for having a mind of my own"
    who wrote that? Someone that works for B movies?..

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehrenreich is trying to be Baby Driver in space..and a bit fast n furious
    Even Baby Driver had some silliness. It's more like he's channeling Jason Statham in his worse roles (as opposed to the lunacy of, say Crank).

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account

The "Lando Guy" is the rapper/Actor Donald Glover aka Childish Gambino, hes actually an amazing performer, im super happy hes on the cast because hes going to animate the shit out Lando

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Even Baby Driver had some silliness. It's more like he's channeling Jason Statham in his worse roles (as opposed to the lunacy of, say Crank).
    I'm hoping its just how he came off in the trailer, the solo I remember as a kid was silly, and tried to make the best of his situations. He shouldn't be super serious criminal man.

Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    The "Lando Guy" is the rapper/Actor Donald Glover aka Childish Gambino, hes actually an amazing performer, im super happy hes on the cast because hes going to animate the shit out Lando
    He was boring in spiderman homecoming. And his acting in community is rather shoddy also, he tries so hard you can see exactly what hes trying to do and it fails, if you can get outstaged by chevi chase then you may as well pack it in

Already looks better than that train wreck from December with a star wars logo strapped to it. Looking forward to enjoying it.

Deleted
    Seems to be mostly TV (which I almost never watch)..don't remember anyone besides mat damon in the martian, can't stand the new spiderman kid..

Donald Glover

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2255973/

Donald glover is such a bad actor its even worse than trying to watch a high school play.

He tries sooooo hard its just awful to watch

I don't know if you watched Community, but the whole point of all those characters was to be ridiculous beyond belief. Have you seen him in Atlanta?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I don't know if you watched Community, but the whole point of all those characters was to be ridiculous beyond belief. Have you seen him in Atlanta?
    I know its a comedy show with over the top characters. But he doesnt sell the over the top. It looks like a kid trying to act over the top.

Robert Downy Jr in tropic thunder is how you sell over the top. Not whatever that character was trying to do by screaming.

He was also super forgettable in spiderman

No I havent seen Atlanta

Han Solo is a pretty unique character because he is a thief and a smuggler skirting the law but also has this booming voice and can use it to command instant respect. To cast him correctly, I think you need to start with a guy that has a booming voice and then work backwards to find one that can play a smuggler. And then he's gotta be young too.

The only young actor with a booming voice I can think of is Armie Hammer, but after the Lone Ranger debacle I don't think you could cast him.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.