Poll: Would you buy Battle for Azeroth if there were no reputation requirements for AR?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I wonder what these people would have done if they had the old-school attunements to do :O

Deleted
    the pre order literally gives me nothing i want, i have all classes maxed out and the races are "meh"

if highmountain tauren were alliance i'd pre order instantly tho xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Not trying to pressure anyone into preordering, but you've had the entire expac to get exalted, especially for the horde allied races. I've accidentally gotten exalted on 3 different characters simply by occasionally doing the emissary quests.

Reminds me of the "I can't afford food or flasks or augment runes and my artifact is severely underpowered" group that shows up to heroic raids and complain blizz should make gold easier and AP easier.

If you played the fucking game even a little you'd have way more gold than you need. I only play for about 2 hours max outside of the designated 5 hours (total!) for raid nights and was able to buy BfA and a race change with the gold I've somehow accumulated.

Same kind of people who start single player games and immediately enable console commands and cheats because they can't be asked to actually try.

Already preordered. Rep requirements would not have affected my decision. I know I'm going to be playing on launch night unless there is an unforseen issue.

Rep requirements are easy to do. Especially considering you can funnel Army of the Light/Argussian Reach tokens from alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a stupid question. Only like 20 people can answer this lol.

My decision to preorder/prepurchase or not hinges entirely on how they handle physical CE orders. If they intend on doing the same bullshit that they've done in the past where they try to give me a key I have no use for to make up for forcing me to buy 2 copies if I want everything then hell no I'm not preordering, rep or no rep.

Blizz didn't sneak them in the requirements were know months ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Less than that. If you have alts, you can funnel the boa WQ rep tokens to your main. It only takes a few minutes to do the quests for two tokens. Repeat for as many alts as you have. There were people in my guild getting the Warframe mount in a few days. Admittedly, they werent casual players.

Its even easier now as the Vindicar weeklies give so much more rep than they used to.
    Sounds good. Although I don't really have any noteworthy alts. Again, generally not much time at my disposal. These rep-tokens... how do I get them? I don't recall coming across those while reading guides. Unless you mean insignias? Those require order resources to complete, of which requires additional time to collect.
    “Whatever malice you carry I can match with seething fury.” ─ Nokonda
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

Nope. I simply do not pre-order any games anymore.

It took me less time to get the Argus reps done than the Highmountain rep, which was the last one I finished of this group because I had Nightbourne done first due to how the questline use to need exalted to complete. Highmountain I only had to revered because of the flying requirements, so I needed to play catch up there. Army of the Light and the Reach reps were done way faster than getting Highmountain revered to exalted. And that was before they added even more and better rep rewards per WQ or weekly to those two reps. You could probably bang them out in less than two weeks now and still take a month to get finished with Highmountain.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 'Allied Races' roll-out hasn't been handled especially well. This leads me to suspect that they only decided to provide the races practically right on top of 7.3.5 rather than 7.8 (or otherwise closer to BfA) recently. It was unclear what was happening virtually until the first races were made available with the pre-order, though we knew what would be needed to unlock the four races for at least a few weeks longer than that.

For awhile it seemed like they wouldn't come until 8.0 or a more distant pre-order, than it started to look like they would appear in 7.3.5 only for that not to materialize the day of the patch. Then, out of the blue, the early pre-order appears and offers the four initial Allied Races.

A bit more advance notice would have helped people know when to be prepared by.

I do find the somewhat sizable gating on most of the races a little much - if I'm paying for a pre-order I'd like to be able to access the primary feature offered for the early purchase with no additional time costs. The grind isn't necessarily bad, but it's a pain if you haven't planned for it and want anything other than a Highmountain Tauren (fortunately, that is actually the first race I wanted to level!).

It isn't the best way to attract back people who have unsubscribed, who are casuals or - more importantly - new players in general.

Now, it is clear that BfA is partially designed to attract brand new players to WoW in more substantial numbers than any expansion since Cata was designed to do. The early roll-out of the improved leveling experience and Allied Races is likely partially to test and prepare these features for BfA itself: I wouldn't be surprised to see a more extensive revamp of leveling and the addition of more Allied Races up-front beyond the Zandalari and Dark Iron Dwarves - I get the sense that we'll see a lot of Allied Races over the next few years.

Still, the gating does seem a bit much - and also unfair insofar as some of the races are far more time-consuming to get. They ought to have at least made one Allied Race for each faction available upon purchase.

Also, why 'Allied Races'? Every time I see it I think Alliance...
    "The nomad's life enthralls me. Its restlessness pursues me: it is as much a part of me as of the sailor. All ports and none are home to him, and all arrivings only a new setting forth" ~ Ella Maillart

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't imagine it would make any difference if I was pre-ordering or not. I don't pre-order until close to launch anyway.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Metacrias View Post

I do find the somewhat sizable gating on most of the races a little much - if I'm paying for a pre-order I'd like to be able to access the primary feature offered for the early purchase with no additional time costs. The grind isn't necessarily bad, but it's a pain if you haven't planned for it and want anything other than a Highmountain Tauren (fortunately, that is actually the first race I wanted to level!)
    Yeah bro I remember too when I got to play a DH six months early in Legion oh wait

I can't believe people are this mad about quite honestly garbage reskins cut and pasted from other races in the first place.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Thorns View Post
    Brothers and sisters, I'm eager to learn your ways and your needs. If there were no reputation requirements for the Allied Races, would you pre-order Battle for Azeroth?
    Yes because you still need to buy it to play them at all. Requirements or not I have over six months to get them to max level.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Yeah bro I remember too when I got to play a DH six months early in Legion oh wait

I can't believe people are this mad about quite honestly garbage reskins cut and pasted from other races in the first place.
    I wasn't mad; while there are a lot of people on here who like to get outraged over everything and rant about it but I'm not one of them.

I was merely making some observations and stating an opinion. I just think it's been handled somewhat oddly from a business standpoint as well as from the standpoint of a longer-term roll-out. I'm glad they made them available early, just question aspects of the implementation. Analyzing, raising questions, stating basic opinions is not an indication of anger... or really any emotion.

So, please, engage the substance of whatever it was in my post that drew your ire in the first place and engage it substantively. Otherwise you could stop being provocative and seemingly angry yourself...
    "The nomad's life enthralls me. Its restlessness pursues me: it is as much a part of me as of the sailor. All ports and none are home to him, and all arrivings only a new setting forth" ~ Ella Maillart

5+ Year Old Account
    I was going to regardless of getting Allied Races before launch. The plebs QQing about rep requirements need to man up and play the damn game instead of unsubbing for 3/4 of an xpack's lifespan.

No, I wouldn't. Waiting for the collector's edition.

No, I usually buy the box version (CE).
    Not really intrested in the allied races unless one of the racials turn out to be broken for raiding.

Probably not, but it would make a difference. What's holding me back from buying the expansion include the fact that I'm not fond of the theme, that I don't have any particular desire to play the current allied races, the fact that I'm nowhere close to unlocking them even if I did, and that those things are the primary features of the expansion at the moment.

While I followed the expansion, I spent most of Legion unsubscribed, meaning I'm way behind on most of the unlock requirements. I don't really have an incentive to return now because the main feature this time seems to expect that I didn't take that break. If those requirements weren't there, I would be much more open to it. I'm not much of an alt person, so I would only play around with them a little bit, but I liked the Nightborne after doing Suramar, and the Zandalari Trolls look neat (to be fair, their requirements are a different story), so if I could jump right into them like traditional new races, I'd be much more open to considering buying the expansion. As it currently stands, I wouldn't really get anything out of it.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2018-02-05 at 09:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Please, brother, refrain from making stupid threads in the future.
    There is a word 'unnecessary' in english dictionary if I'm not mistaken. Please, refrain from unnecessary insults, brother. This thread merely illustrated moods in the community. As for the future, I'm sure I will dissappoint your highly intelligent self.