Elite Gear question

I finally hit 2k (yay, after 8 years of getting into the high 1800’s and have rbgs teams and arena partners flake because it got tough!) and had a question about elite gear. I know that when the vendor is updated, I can buy the set with marks of honor. My questions are as follows:

1) The vendor won’t have the current set until the end of season 7, will it?

2) Will I still have a chance to get elite pieces if my rating drops below 2k? Or can they only go elite with a Cr above 2k?

3) Can I only get elite pieces from the bracket I earned the achieve on? IE: I hit 2k in 3’s. Will my gear drops in 2’s and RBG’s have a chance to go elite since I have the achieve, or can it only go elite in 3’s?

Hoping to continue my climb to push for the Fel enchant, but mostly concerned about being able to get the current elite set ASAP for my VElf, and want to set up the most effective farming I can for the pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkedral View Post
    not until the end of the expansion, unless they change something before that

1. Can only buy the ensemble when the set stops being obtainable normally. This will be either in 8.0 or the end of Season 7, whichever comes first.

2. You can only get elite pieces while your rating is above 2k, presumably as an incentive to maintain that rating.

3. Since your rating per type (2s, 3s, RBG) is independent of the others, you have to do the type wherein you got the 2k rating (see question 2).
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkedral View Post
    I finally hit 2k (yay, after 8 years of getting into the high 1800’s and have rbgs teams and arena partners flake because it got tough!) and had a question about elite gear. I know that when the vendor is updated, I can buy the set with marks of honor. My questions are as follows:

2) Will I still have a chance to get elite pieces if my rating drops below 2k? Or can they only go elite with a Cr above 2k?

3) Can I only get elite pieces from the bracket I earned the achieve on? IE: I hit 2k in 3’s. Will my gear drops in 2’s and RBG’s have a chance to go elite since I have the achieve, or can it only go elite in 3’s?

Hoping to continue my climb to push for the Fel enchant, but mostly concerned about being able to get the current elite set ASAP for my VElf, and want to set up the most effective farming I can for the pieces.
    1) When the elite gear is no longer obtainable from Arena/RBG - it will be added to the vendor. Previously, this has been the start of Legion Season 3 (Elite gear from season 1+2 on vendor) and at the start of Legion Season 5 (Elite gear from season 3+4 on vendor). If it follows this pattern, granted you have either "Fierce Elite", "Dominant Elite" or "Demonic Elite" - you will be able to purchase the Legion Season 5+6+7 elite gear when season 7 ends.

2) I might be wrong, but from my understand: The weekly reward of 2k+ will grant you a elite item. Random items will be elite from 2.2k+. This means you can only get elite items from your weekly, until you break 2.2k. I don't play RBG, but I heard that you start getting it at 2.1 k (not sure).

3) You can only get elite gear from the bracket you are above 2k in (Note: Weekly reward is calculated from the best rating you had the prior week). The achievement has nothing to do with this, but merely enables you to buy it from the vendor, after season 7 ends.

This might change, but most likely not. It sucks waiting, but thats how the current system is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    not until the end of the expansion, unless they change something before that
    welcome to legion. enjoy.

Alright, thanks. Follow up question:

I have the achieve, which will let me get the Elite gear set when it's released. If I faction change before the season ends, will that effect me getting the set? Or would that only effect end-season rewards like titles?

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to finish at a 2k+ rating to be able to buy the previous elite gear at start of new season.

So if you don't think you'll be able to maintain a 2k rating by end of season, you're better off just not PvPing in that bracket to guarantee that you'll be able to buy the gear when the next season starts.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I got 2k elite achie in legion s2 playing 3v3, and dropped to 1900 just farming wins for saddle, you need the achie, not finish at +2k

At least, from my experience
    Last edited by Titojezz; 2018-02-22 at 03:30 PM. Reason: typo error