Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    To be honest, I actually thought we danes, "invented" the universal health coverage :-(
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

- Ogvai, 6th legiones Astartes.

Brexit doesn't help NHS, doctors from EU reluctant to come, because you never know if you will be allowed to stay. And for doctors from outside of EU there's stupid point based visas that require you earn really high salary that most of vacancies can't offer.

Our conservative government has no interest in the NHS, they want it privetised which is why it's under a stranglehold. A Labour government would redistribute funds to the NHS, but you can't win these days whatever side you're looking at. Either way, the NHS is still doing a good job at providing health-care for everyone, but that free healthcare also means there is a priority list, and if you're not seen as a priority you will be waiting.

My grandmother had been in and out of hospital for over a year with pneumonia, she passed away last month. They always accomidated her and gave her what she needed right until the end, the healthcare was good and she never had to wait. The NHS is a good health service, yeah it ain't perfect but then what health-care is? If it was better funded it would be better, privetisation would be a horrible loss for our country.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2018-02-06 at 01:52 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by telygroar View Post
    A little off-topic : uk is the "creator" of national healthcare ? oO

EDIT ; thx wikipedia.
    Who knew that Bismarck was such a pinko beta libcuck...

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    He's also the President of the United States.

The crap that comes out of his mouth has impact. Regardless of it's quality, truthfulness or accuracy.
    People shoud do something about that.
    But anyway, there is nothing good to be gained from helping him spread his bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Whether we all like it or not, he is the POTUS
    Something the POTUS himself seems to struggle to understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    But anyway, there is nothing good to be gained from helping him spread his bullshit.
    It's not even really spreading his bullshit. More or less using it to weed out and expose the morons that support his bullshit.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    It's not failing, it's being willfully underfunded by a tory government with vested interests in private healthcare.
    are they actually cutting the budget from NHS or just not increasing the budget to keep up with the increased demand?

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    are they actually cutting the budget from NHS or just not increasing the budget to keep up with the increased demand?
    Just admit you want the situation to be the latter so you can shill for Trump as usual.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Well yes, people should.

We're not really "spreading" his bullshit here. Twitter and Facebook do that just fine.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

One of the main issues the NHS faces (besides an aging population and understaffing that's going to be compounded by Brexit) is the PFI that Labour introduced is draining billions from the health budget and the person in charge of it literally wrote a book about privatising the NHS. The NHS has been set up to fail by the Conservatives.

That sounds eerily familiar. Conservatives tell us something can't work and to prove it they try to break it.

Iam English but i have lived in the USA for over 10 years and i have experienced both sides of the coin.

Back when i was young my little sister was born with heart defects and she had to have several major operations to save her life back in the late 80s and my dad was just a lowly postman and my mom a factory worker and the surgeon was amazing so much so that my nan raised money for the Birmingham Childrens hospital and it didnt cost my parents a penny and they never had to worry where the money was coming from to pay it.

Fast forward and now me and my dad lives in the USA and my step mom who recently died from breast cancer had a hospital bill for nearly a million dollars and thankfully my dad who works now in finance has brilliant health insurance could cover it even though they still wanted thousands for what his health insurance didnt cover.

I also remember seeing a itemised bill for my step moms broken shoulder and it came to fucking 40 thousand dollars and some of the stuff they billed her for was obscene! She told me everythign and i was fucking stunned!!

Though i must admit the US hospitals is way more nicer i mean a HD TV in every room and every patient gets his/her own room like its a fucking hotel! That is what it is like where i live in Arizona.

To me the American Healthcare system is a massive trough and everyone digs in the Doctors, Pharma, Health Insurance and there is no government oversight to bring cost down except to just depend on market forces to bring it down.

Deleted
    It seems like a circlejerk between medical providers, drug companies and health insurance companies
    Everyone benefits by driving up the price, even insurance companies as the more expensive care becomes to more people will be dependant on them to not die. And they'll get their money anyway.

I dont see why people rather funnel their money into those corporations, but balk at the notion of paying less via taxes because "someone else will get care".
    Someone else is already getting care via the insurance company who you are paying, whats the difference?

10+ Year Old Account
    Johnathan Pie nails it again

I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Is he wrong then? Serious question, since I am not sure.

You can read any UK news website at any day of the week and there will be an article complaining about the NHS.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Is he wrong then? Serious question, since I am not sure.

You can read any UK news website at any day of the week and there will be an article complaining about the NHS.
    He is wrong because they Arne't complaining to say make it private and get rid of it.. they're saying to fund it which is totally opposite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    That sounds eerily familiar. Conservatives tell us something can't work and to prove it they try to break it.
    It is how they operate lol.

Deleted
    Life expectancy
    UK male: 79.4; female: 83.0
    US male: 76.9; female: 81.6

Healthcare spending (OECD):
    UK 9.9% of GDP
    US 16.6% of GDP

Uninsured:
    UK 0
    US 28 million

It was one of his tweets, wasn't it?

We've all told him to stop tweeting.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    It must be truly terrifying to live in a system where you have to accept the ruling of a tyrant without question.
    We have 3 branches of government, not a monarchy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It was one of his tweets, wasn't it?

We've all told him to stop tweeting.
    Why must you lie? Lot's of people love his tweets, including me! (:

Why is it being called free healthcare or universal coverage if you are taxed? Isn't that essentially the same as paying for health coverage? I may be missing the difference, we just get shafted into paying one lump sum upon receiving treatment. Additionally, there wouldn't be enough being put into the system through taxation with so few actually paying into the system in America. Yet if we try to protect our borders we're deemed racists by the SJWs and virtue signalers. First person to say "iLlEgAl AlIeNs PaY sAlEs TaX" gets the "I don't know how the healthcare system or the economy in general works" award.

I would love a system like that in America, but we as citizens are crippled economically by our Government. If they started taking more taxes out from the individuals that actually pay into the system, the homeless problem would get a lot worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I've sacrificed everything, what have you giv...

Punches the demon hunter in the face.