Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Class Adjustments - February 6, Allied Race Crests, Allied Race Reputations

Challenge Rift - Week 33

Deathwing Needs a Friendwing - Phase 3 Voting Part 1! Class Creation Competition

Class Adjustments - February 6
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With realm maintenance in each region, starting tomorrow (February 6), we plan to apply a few class tuning changes via hotfix. Details below.

Classes
    Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Beast Mastery
    • All damage increased by 2.5%.
    • Serpentstalker Guise 4-piece bonus now causes Kill Command to reduce the cooldown of Aspect of the Wild by 3 seconds (was 2.5 seconds).

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Fire
    • All damage increased by 3%.

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Affliction
    • Corruption, Agony damage reduced by 6%.
    • Long Dark Night of the Soul now increases healing you receive from Drain Soul by 3% per rank (was 10%).

Player versus Player
    • All of the above class changes are offset in PvP situations.

Allied Race Crests Updated
    Blizzard released updated versions of the Allied Race Crests.

Allied Race Reputation
    With the release of Allied Races, we wanted to take a quick look at ways to earn reputation for each of the factions required to unlock a race.

Lightforged Draenei
    Unlocking the Lightforged Draenei requires Exalted with Army of the Light.

Void Elves
    Unlocking the Void Elves requires Exalted with Argussian Reach.

Nightborne
    Unlocking the Nightborne requires Exalted with The Nightfallen.

• Complete the Suramar story: Insurrection
    • Complete world quests and Order Hall missions that reward insignias.
    • Complete the Withered Army Training scenario
    • Complete the daily Feeding quests

Highmountain Tauren
    Unlocking the Highmountain Tauren requires Exalted with Highmountain Tribe.

• Complete story quests, world quests, and Order Hall missions that reward insignias.
    • Do the Legion Invasion quests when Highmountain is up
    • You can find insignias in treasure chests around the zone

Dark Legacy Comics #619
    DLC #619 has been released.

I don't even play one, but the BM buffs should be in PVP as well.. They're unplayable bad ha.

Mmm... those crests... lovely
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

I am a happy Fire Mage!!!!!

Deleted
    inb4 Fragnance rerolls again

10+ Year Old Account
    Affliction Tears incoming.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly can't remember the last time DLC was funny/clever.

Quite honestly, I have no idea what I have been doing wrong with affliction all of this expansion. It has been my primary alt, my guilty pleasure since vanilla through cata and I thought for sure it was gonna be that way when I picked the game up again. But boy was it.. Meh. In pve at least. In pvp, still fun.
    But beyond the meh design, the damage has been.. Wanting. I have no idea how I fail to play the spec so miserably, but clearly I do. I am pulling around 500k dps with this character, and it is wayyy lowest of all my characters. It just isn't fun to play it in pve.
    I have 14 characters geared between 920 and 954, and apart from my druid-as-balance, I don't perform as poorly with anyone as I do with my lock, no matter which spec. I even have the affliction leggo helmet. Granted, I have no set pieces, but the stark difference is sickening to me.
    Even my warrior, whom I consider myself enjoying but performing sub-optimally with, I breach 960k dps with, single target and no good legendaries (talent ring and trinket for fury, trinket and execute ring got arms).
    How am I so unfathomably bad? I line up my ua with artifact ability, and I try to keep one rolling constantly otherwise (contagion).
    At once, I am incredulous to the constant nerfs the spec gets (and those wishing for it), and my complete ineptitude to play it at all.
    I find it easier to get better results on every single other class and/or spec. Even my one ilevel outlier of Rogue at 904 performs twice as high as assassination (boots and bracers, no sets) than my 936 affliction.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2018-02-06 at 04:54 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's fun that Horde allied races require "old" reputations (meaning, ones that have been available since release), when Alliance require "new" ones. It stopped playing quite early in the expansion, but I'm exalted with Nightfallen and Highmountain, and I didn't even meet the Alliance ones.

Good thing I play Horde, then.

Lets say I'm exalted with every legion faction in my main which is horde, can I complete the void elf and lightforged quests in my any random 110 lvl alliance character? or do I need to be exalted with my alliance character aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Quite honestly, I have no idea what I have been doing wrong with affliction all of this expansion. It has been my primary alt, my guilty pleasure since vanilla through cata and I thought for sure it was gonna be that way when I picked the game up again. But boy was it.. Meh. In pve at least. In pvp, still fun.
    But beyond the meh design, the damage has been.. Wanting. I have no idea how I fail to play the spec so miserably, but clearly I do. I am pulling around 500k dps with this character, and it is wayyy lowest of all my characters. It just isn't fun to play it in pve.
    I have 14 characters geared between 920 and 954, and apart from my druid-as-balance, I don't perform as poorly with anyone as I do with my lock, no matter which spec. I even have the affliction leggo helmet. Granted, I have no set pieces, but the stark difference is sickening to me.
    Even my warrior, whom I consider myself enjoying but performing sub-optimally with, I breach 960k dps with, single target and no good legendaries (talent ring and trinket for fury, trinket and execute ring got arms).
    How am I so unfathomably bad? I line up my ua with artifact ability, and I try to keep one rolling constantly otherwise (contagion).
    At once, I am incredulous to the constant nerfs the spec gets (and those wishing for it), and my complete ineptitude to play it at all.
    I find it easier to get better results on every single other class and/or spec. Even my one ilevel outlier of Rogue at 904 performs twice as high as assassination (boots and bracers, no sets) than my 936 affliction.
    That's entirely a you-problem, though(and would be fixed by reading some guides, because based on your description of how you play, you're playing around Contagion the wrong way). Affliction is undeniably the strongest DPS spec in the game, and has been fundamentally broken since they tinkered with it around NH. These nerfs, once again, don't really touch the things that make it that broken, though, so that's disappointing. They can keep nerfing the DoTs if they want, but it'll always be a bandaid until they take a look at the artifact.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bofe112 View Post
    Lets say I'm exalted with every legion faction in my main which is horde, can I complete the void elf and lightforged quests in my any random 110 lvl alliance character?
    Yes. The achievements are account wide.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    read a guide or something,you clearly are doing something wrong,i was doing 1m+ dps when i was 900 ilvl,affli is stupid strong,figths like coven a 970 lock can keep 3-4 mil dps just constant,a lock did 8 mil dps on eonar,we have amazing single target,decent burst aoe,best sustained aoe,beyond op 2-3 constant targets,more healing than a healer,execute dmg,and on top of it all the rotation is extremly simple

But where is the fix to mining speed?

Make Enchant: Legion Mining & Krokul Mining Pick great again!

Seriously, 3 second mining speed is hell....

(I like how the Highmountain Tauren crest gives homage to the three tribes in the middle, Highmountain tribe (top), Rivermane tribe (left) and Skyhorn tribe (right) It's a nice touch)
    Last edited by goof; 2018-02-06 at 08:02 AM.

Add for Highmountain:
    Farm Neltharions Lair up to Boss #3 on normal for 250 reputation. The best way to grind Rep when regular quests/WQs are done.

Deleted

Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Yes. The achievements are account wide.
    But reputation isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Simajz View Post
    But reputation isn't.
    You get an achievement for getting to Exalted, which is whats really required for the Unlock, so as long as one character is Exalted, even on the opposing faction, you can start the unlock quest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Allied races can be unlocked by either faction. An alliance toon can unlock the reqs for high mountain Tauren on an ally play though etc. it’s really not that hard to understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    No nerf to that stupid OP healing in pvp for locks? Nerf em MOAR!!

Shouldn't having a level 110 of the faction you want to try the new race on be a requirement? Was that changed?