Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Reminds me of carnival when we were kids. Sometimes we went dressed like an Asian.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Reminds me of carnival when we were kids. Sometimes we went dressed like an Asian.

You do realize that, in order to do the offensive Asian stereotype, you have to squint your eyes, right? I don't know what the hell that guy is trying to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    You do realize that, in order to do the offensive Asian stereotype, you have to squint your eyes, right? I don't know what the hell that guy is trying to be.
    I wasn't great at it tbh. :P

Btw, if anyone thinks this doesnt happen anymore today then you are mistaken. This week is Carnival in the Netherlands and there are entire parade wagons that are China-themed with people dressed liked stereotypical Asians.

You're so edgy.

Quote of the day.

"Moisturizer is a must. I take it VERY seriously!"

These people are clearly idiots. I don't see why we would care what they do or think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You're so edgy.
    Wait a second, it's your avatar

So many "masculine" meatheads in here thinking that grooming and using cosmetics is somehow beneath the male gender and disgusting if you're not female.
    Bwahahah I bet you all are sporting unkept neckbeards, a face full of pimples about to burst while also wearing oversized gym shorts every day of the year - yeah you're definitely the ones who embody masculinity and male beauty ideals lolol

Vikings used eyeliner no ?, doesnt get more manly than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    Vikings used eyeliner no ?, doesnt get more manly than that.
    And Alexander the Great adopted the cosmetic practices of Persia and South Asia. And Roman men used dyes to cover up bald spots. And men in ancient East Asia wore rudimentary nail polishes as a sign of status.

Arabic and North African men wore Kohl ("mascara") and its still used among the Pashtun. Pictish men slathered woad on themselves. And lets not even get into the whole powdered faces and wigs craze of Early Modern Europe.

http://www.shoppingland.ch/bilder/hu...-asien_0_g.jpg
    That looks like a mix between Chinese stereotype and Freddie Mercury.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

not gonna bother reading this... but it seems more like someone JUST noticed the trend and called it before fully looking into the subject.

edit:
    I find it hard to believe that this idea started in korea or even 'recently' for that matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Then you might have something wrong with your eyes.
    Are you serious? These ''guys'' have skin like women, there's no hair on their face at all, a lot of times you see them wear skinny/tight clothing.

No thanks.

Deleted
    A lot manlier men than the average men today in the past used make-up, can't call someone feminine because he likes to look good in his eyes. I mean, do you call body builders wannabe girls? Was Arnie a girly gay in his prime? 'Cause body builders do it for the looks, not health reasons.

Seems strange when its not the norm, but why the hell would one care about what they do

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    You mean those dangerous sissies known as Roman Emperors. Oh wait, they wore purple togas, which is manlier than pink...
    Close. Purple was reserved for royalty, so people who wanted to to look more royal but not violate the laws and get executed used pink since it was rather close to purple but neither purple nor red (another reserved colour).
    Blue was back then the most feminine colour, famous example are those old french school uniforms with blue capes for the girls.
    So yes, for a long time pink was the manliest of colours.
    And high heels on shoes (or even plateaus) were invented by butchers, to not constanly get blood, intestines and ... byproducts on their shoes. Not every shop had a drainage to the sewers to get rid of the blood/other body fluids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    Close. Purple was reserved for royalty, so people who wanted to to look more royal but not violate the laws and get executed used pink since it was rather close to purple but neither purple nor red (another reserved colour).
    Blue was back then the most feminine colour, famous example are those old french school uniforms with blue capes for the girls.
    So yes, for a long time pink was the manliest of colours.
    And high heels on shoes (or even plateaus) were invented by butchers, to not constanly get blood, intestines and ... byproducts on their shoes. Not every shop had a drainage to the sewers to get rid of the blood/other body fluids.
    High Heels were also used for horse back riding to keep their feet in the stirrups.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure the goth kids will be on this in a second :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    "Manliness" is so subjective as to be irrelevant to basically everything. However, makeup is feminine, just as defined muscles are masculine.
    Lmao did you take that out of your ass ?

make up is no more feminine as masculine. it's just what society makes it out to be.

Please stop trying to pass it as something objective when it's all subjective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    High Heels were also used for horse back riding to keep their feet in the stirrups.
    and also to make men appear taller.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You’re upset that guys find it disgusting, then you criticize them for probably being disgusting.
    My point being that these people likely have no clue whatsoever as to what's generally considered decent-looking for men in Western fashion or general looks at large. Spouting stuff like "disgusting" and "sounds gay - not in a good way" just goes to show how fragile their internal perception of masculinity really is. I assume they're also following mantras such as "any man who shaves for a woman is no man" - because yeah, using a mantra like that to disguise their own laziness in order to live like a neanderthal/cave man sure is MANLY huh

I don't care what you waste your money in. I suppose light make up to hide blemishes is ok, but no need to go overboard. I don't care whether you are a man or a woman. Just don't wear that abomination of blue lip stick. Also sticking to less eccentric colours when it comes to hair.