Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I reported a player back in MoP who told everyone in the Oondasta raid "who is below xyz dps" "should just kill themselves".

Seriously, what is wrong with people. Even if it was a mindless comment. You are on the internet, you don't know if this hits the ears of an unstable teenager.
    And why would anybody be upset about some virtual figures anyways?
    This, exactly.

People don't seem to understand that behavior like that is childish and unacceptable. These people wouldn't say it to someone in person, so I guess I don't know why they would do it online. It only reflects on them in the end.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by nickp007 View Post
    There is no option for just "harassment" closest is "ongoing harassment" which it isn't or a "real life threat"
    Use the real life threat option. This is what this type of situation actually falls under. The reason it falls under that category is due to nature of cyberbullying and the results it has had over the last decade. This is behaviour that Blizzard explicitly forbids and does its best to remove from the game. You might get a whisper from a GM (make sure to look for the blue "Blizz" icon in each chat line to verify its authenticity!) whom might ask you a few questions, but by and large, once you report, they check the logs and where appropriate they take action.

So as noted by a few others, in your case, report and move on. Also, you should put that player on ignore for two reasons:

1) It stops the communication right then and there. No more verbal harassment. And if he decides to grief the group because you ignored him, he gets in more trouble when the GM checks on the report that you made.

2) You will be prevented from ever being grouped with that player again so long as they are on your ignore list. While the pool is usually large enough to not have to worry about that, for severe cases, the ignore option is a great fallback, "just in case".

Welcome to the getting told to hang yourself club. I got it before. Only difference was it mattered so little to me and the individual that it came from also mattered so little to me that I pretty much forgot it until reminded about it in context such as these.

Just deal with it. On the internet you will get told far worse pretty often the more you expose yourself to things like video games. Report it if your on that high horse. Or just ignore it if it doesn't run your show. Either way accomplishes a whole lot more than talking about it here where in all likely hood the kid that told you to "hang yourself" is looking at the post for lul's. Or worse inspiring others to do the same.

Just don't become the reverse troll.

You have an ignore player option for a reason snowflake.

Man up before going online

Quote Originally Posted by Poppen View Post
    You have an ignore player option for a reason snowflake.

Man up before going online
    That edgy comment makes you even more a snowflake than ops post.

Well I once got a 12hr ban for saying this is real nigga hours at 4:00 AM so I guess anything is possible!

In my appeal I tried to tell them that it WAS real nigga hours but no avail
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Report and move on.

If nothing comes of it, who cares.

If something does come of it, good, one less twat mouthing off in WoW.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Can I get this kid banned? Would blizz do anything about it or just send some lame warning?
    You're the kid if you are so offended by a common online insult. He already destroyed you if he got you so rattled that u had to post on forums about it. At most he will get a 2hr chat ban/silence.

Deleted
    Report and move on. Don't dwell on it. There are stupid people everywhere, WoW is not an exception.

If you feel better about yourself after the report, good. If not, take a break and do something productive.

- - - Updated - - -

Also; what's up with all the toxicity, geez. CAN'T A MAN BE OFFENDED IN PEACE!?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd report it. If nowhere else, under the ongoing harrassment option. You can explain in the report that this is actually a first contact, but explain the situation. No, its not cool to say that to someone. If they seemed to randomly whisper you, they are likely doing it to many others too. It may seem like not a big deal to some people here, but it is. This whole, "its the internet, who cares?" thing is BS. I've had friends attempt suicide before. You never know what might be the little tipping point that might be over the edge for an individual, especially someone you don't know. Reporting this individual will at least put them on Blizzard's radar in case there are follow up reports about them.

Open a ticket. While they usually state that you should use the report function, extreme cases like this they handle anyway. Blizzard DOES consider this a real life threat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    That edgy comment makes you even more a snowflake than ops post.
    That he uses a German synonym for "fucking" as his username makes it even worse.

Deleted
    Do it
    10chars

Can I get this kid banned? Would blizz do anything about it or just send some lame warning?
    drama queen altert.
    and did it harm you?
    no? then fuck off and dont make stories up.

This thread should just be closed tbh; it's gonna have ten pages of "lol op kys idd" anyway.

And yeah just report the guy but it isn't 100% they'll do anything about it & even if they do they won't tell you anyway. Besides, kids these days with their streaming sites and edgy comments - that jackass is just one of millions, I wouldn't bother to report it myself.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Report, /ignore, then rejoice in exultant joy in the fact that you have officially won the internet.

Report him for a death threat,

I got a kid telling me to go kill myself (and had generally been toxic the entire run) so I said fuck it and opened a tab. GM's reply within minutes with death threats, I just explained to the guy saying I thought it was out of order, gm agreed and said he'd look into it - course you never hear anything back because of privacy, but atleast you know you're getting through to a real person

Deleted
    How do u know it is a kid?

I once had someone say to me to die with my face in the mud some years ago in a battleground.

I rolled on the floor laughing. I loved it, really.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Good to see MMO-champ trashing on people apparently already getting harassed pretty harshly ingame. Stay classy.
    He isn't being harrassed though and you know it. Some twat playing a videogame said something he probably shouldn't. Report and move on. In game whispers hold about as much weight as a youtube comment section or an mmo-champion forum post - a.k.a, Fuck all.

Here is the truth about this kind of thing.

1. Blizzard does not actually review any reports until someone is appealing a ban/silence etc.
    2. Players are only banned/silenced after enough reports go through, which means they tend to get silenced/banned for things that are not even offenses.
    3. YOU do not NEED to get this person banned/silenced YOU need to be an adult and just ignore the person. Like you would have to in the real world.
    4. The more YOU do this the LESS Blizzard will rely on automated features that allow players to police the game and the more people who are real trouble makers will actually get punished.

There is nothing else that needs to be said about this.

I mean honestly, who even cares that he told you that besides YOU?

Look, Blizzard used to actually have active GMs on every server, watching bgs, raids, dungeons etc that would actually respond to tickets regularly and police the game. Things like raging in a bg didn't get people banned before, because why on earth should they ban people for getting mad in a video game because most people are uncommucative, uncooperative morons that don't even know basics on how to PVP in any video game?

This was the case for most of the game, then sometime in WOD the policy changed, and suddenly they were actually banning people for little shit like this.

Myself I had gone through every expansion until the end of WOD without any penalty whatsoever, and I didn't do anything that truly deserved being penalized, in WOD they were actually banning people for nonsense. Like I once told a kid to fuck off, because him and his buds voted me out of the group after I had basically solo'd nearly the entire dungeon while they sat afk refusing to participate because I wouldn't do achieves for them. I got banned because of this. I have been silenced for similar reasons.

This is not good for the game, this is bullshit and it happens frequently to people. You can be a complete and utter jerk to anyone and everyone you come across in the game so long as you don't say naughty things. All that will happen if you keep promoting this type of crap is that the community will become more and more of a cesspool.

Suck it up OP, guy said something you didn't like on the internet? Put him on ignore and get over it.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2018-02-06 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRoads View Post
    No amount of context could make up for real life threats or kill yourself suggestings.
    Oh yes there can.

Anyway it’s just another dumb insult. It means about as much as “go fuck yourself”. You don’t take that literally do you?
    Last edited by Broken Fox; 2018-02-06 at 01:45 PM.