Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Sure, Stromgarde Humans can be an Allied Race.

They'll fall into a kettle of Darkness and be transformed into Got'humans.

7+ Year Old Account
    Till now Kul'tirans looked identical to normal humans, in Warcraft 3 and in World of Warcraft the shipwreck captives looked like normal stormwind knights but in green as did the ones in Durotar. So if they want to make any other races look different suddenly I'm sure they'll do that regardless of past artwork.
    Lok'tar Ogar! Death to the Alliance filth in the name of the Horde!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kennedy View Post
    You got a link? I've never seen that before and am genuinely curious.

This is the "Human Council" from the Warcraft 2 manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Fact is that throughout the RTS and throughout the Warcraft MMO, all humans have looked identical - including the ones from Kul Tiras. The sudden change for BfA when it comes to some of them makes it highly possible that others get new aesthetics too. I don't think anyone wnats another version of humans.
    Most Kul Tirans/Tirasians use the normal human model anyway. So it's not like those fat models represent your "average" citizen of Kul Tiras.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grokresh View Post
    Till now Kul'tirans looked identical to normal humans, in Warcraft 3 and in World of Warcraft the shipwreck captives looked like normal stormwind knights but in green as did the ones in Durotar. So if they want to make any other races look different suddenly I'm sure they'll do that regardless of past artwork.
    They're still mostly identical. Check out the announcement trailer or gameplay footage. Most Kul Tirans use the normal human model with a few thiccbois in the background.

more hooomans
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroGangster View Post

This is the "Human Council" from the Warcraft 2 manual.
    Oh man, that's right.
    Metzen could do a lot of things well, but drawing wasnt one of them

7+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Elder Scrolls have like what - 4 or 5 - human races that's difference only in racial skills?

I have some interesting idea - it would be great if Vrykul become Alliance's Allied Race and took residence in Stromgarde with another Stromgarde survivors. After all arathi nation were descendants of Vrykuls.
    Last edited by Highwhale; 2018-02-07 at 03:01 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Most Kul Tirans/Tirasians use the normal human model anyway. So it's not like those fat models represent your "average" citizen of Kul Tiras.

- - - Updated - - -

They're still mostly identical. Check out the announcement trailer or gameplay footage. Most Kul Tirans use the normal human model with a few thiccbois in the background.
    Oh strange, still Alpha I'd hold back judgment on how Kul'tiras as a whole will look for now, maybe the same maybe not.
    Lok'tar Ogar! Death to the Alliance filth in the name of the Horde!

I guess this is sort of supported by lore. Stormgarde likely has the purest bloodline of the Arathi who were descended from the Azotha. Who were probably like the Drust of Kul Tiras, an intermediate between Vykrul and Humans.

I think they would look really similar to the burly human models in KT, so not sure it’s a super distinct choice for an allied race

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I guess this is sort of supported by lore. Stormgarde likely has the purest bloodline of the Arathi who were descended from the Azotha. Who were probably like the Drust of Kul Tiras, an intermediate between Vykrul and Humans.

I think they would look really similar to the burly human models in KT, so not sure it’s a super distinct choice for an allied race
    Azotha not canon but i agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Oh man, that's right.
    Metzen could do a lot of things well, but drawing wasnt one of them
    What? It looks good and it suffices for world building.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Azotha not canon but i agree.
    Funny you brought Azotha up, I was working on a little fan project to 'flesh out' Stormwind as a kingdom and I decided to use the Azotha as one of the founding cultures, not as a race of intermediates between humans and vrykul, but as a tribe of swarthy humans that migrated south and colonized parts of Westfall and Stranglethorn before being absorbed by the Arathi following Faldir (last of Thoradin's bloodline).

Obviously not meant to be 100% canon, but hey, I enjoy worldbuilding.

7+ Year Old Account
    Funny you brought Azotha up, I was working on a little fan project to 'flesh out' Stormwind as a kingdom and I decided to use the Azotha as one of the founding cultures, not as a race of intermediates between humans and vrykul, but as a tribe of swarthy humans that migrated south and colonized parts of Westfall and Stranglethorn before being absorbed by the Arathi following Faldir (last of Thoradin's bloodline).

Obviously not meant to be 100% canon, but hey, I enjoy worldbuilding.
    In Chronicles books its stated that Stormwind was founded directly by Thoradin's bloodline after ruling of Strom was giving to Trollbane.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    every single thing you guys want speculate as a allied race now? hold on guys

>look a frog as a new model
    >POSSIBLE ALLIED RACE LEAK
    Gophers got an update. new allied race!

In Chronicles books its stated that Stormwind was founded directly by Thoradin's bloodline after ruling of Strom was giving to Trollbane.
    Yeah and I mostly follow that in my fan project. The Azotha simply being a tribe of humans that migrated to Azeroth and formed small villages along the coast of Westfall and the southern tip of Stranglethorn Vale (which was canonically inhabited by humans for generations, Booty Bay actually originally being a human settlement that was overrun by jungle trolls).

The idea being that they were eventually absorbed by Stormwind and mixing into the population. Establishing a reason behind Stormwind's heterogeneous population and just worldbuilding for the hell of it.

None of the fan project involves retconning the lore itself though, just expanding parts of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and I mostly follow that in my fan project. The Azotha simply being a tribe of humans that migrated to Azeroth and formed small villages along the coast of Westfall and the southern tip of Stranglethorn Vale (which was canonically inhabited by humans for generations, Booty Bay actually originally being a human settlement that was overrun by jungle trolls).

The idea being that they were eventually absorbed by Stormwind and mixing into the population. Establishing a reason behind Stormwind's heterogeneous population and just worldbuilding for the hell of it.

None of the fan project involves retconning the lore itself though, just expanding parts of it.
    Well i think Azotha left their purpose of existence in Lore since Blizzard brought Vrykul in WoTLK. I see a lot off similarities between two.

If they were still a thing Azotha would be great way to introduce shaman class for humans.

Also i don't know why but Azotha reminds me about Redguards from The Elder Scrolls franchise.
    Last edited by Highwhale; 2018-02-11 at 04:38 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    It would be cool if the Warfronts in BFA were exclusive to BFA and they had new ones every expansion but at the end of the expansion Blizzard picks a winner that we have to live with. That way, for example, Alliance gets Stromgarde back but maybe The Horde gets full control of Feralas.

Well i think Azotha left their purpose of existence in Lore since Blizzard brought Vrykul in WoTLK. I see a lot off similarities between two.

If they were still a thing Azotha would be great way to introduce shaman class for humans.

Also i don't know why but Azotha reminds me about Redguards from The Elder Scrolls franchise.
    I really like when Blizzard adds variation within all the races and I'm not just talking about offshoots like broken or mag'har, but cultures. I think one of the reasons why I like Gilneas and Kul Tiras is because they don't really fit within the mold of "ambiguous Western European Warcraft humans".

One of the most interesting roleplay guilds I've come across online was called the Sandstorm Bandits. They were basically an Arabian-themed villianous guild that descended from human pirates from Stranglethorn that shipwrecked in Southern Kalimdor and took to becoming slavers, traders and bandits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    What? It looks good and it suffices for world building.
    It's highschool level drawing at best.

No way that kind of artwork would be acceptable by todays standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    It's highschool level drawing at best.

No way that kind of artwork would be acceptable by todays standards.
    Maybe, but it is quite harsh to say, that he couldnt draw, especially when you look at this.

For not being full-time painter/drawer it is pretty good.