Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    On the patch server things are served out under program codes. Each game and each test version has it's own program code. So for World of Warcraft live is "wow" , PTR is "wowt" , beta is "wow_beta" and alpha is "wowdev"
    Nope

"wowdev" is Blizzard's (encrypted) internal development build/branch.
    "wow_beta" is both alpha and beta (once alpha is over).

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Instead going for the 'omg big bad guy destroying the world' path.
    That's always gonna be the end goal of an action-driven game's story, big bad threatening the world/your loved ones. Even an expansion that's completely "Horde vs Alliance" is basically "you vs the looming giant of the 'evil' other faction"

It can, however, creep up on you, as you, or rather the character is distracted with something else.
    It doesn't have to be "8.1 comes, and suddenly, Old God invasion", it can be slowly realizing the greater objective, working to thwart the long-term plans of the Old Gods, while the war machine keeps rolling.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    1) Predict BfA Alpha launch.
    2) Predict it again tomorrow when it doesnt launch today.
    3) Repeat steps 1-2 until Alpha launches.
    4) Be right eventually.
    5) Become Nostradamus.
    6) Let everyone know how great you are.
    If referring to Towelliee (even tho as Drekmar pointed out he hasn't actually said a days)... he did "predict"/guess that the release date for BfA will be on or before September 21st... and to correct 5), the correct term is Towlstradamus
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

I can tell that Alpha will be up till the end of the week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraznak View Post
    I can tell that Alpha will be up till the end of the week.
    Friday. Just saying.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    If referring to Towelliee (even tho as Drekmar pointed out he hasn't actually said a days)... he did "predict"/guess that the release date for BfA will be on or before September 21st... and to correct 5), the correct term is Towlstradamus
    I wasnt specifically talking about Towl, but people in this thread/forum in general who routinely predict the same thing every single week. And who are wrong every week.

Happens every major patch cycle.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wasnt specifically talking about Towl, but people in this thread/forum in general who routinely predict the same thing every single week. And who are wrong every week.

That's why the most accurate prediction is somewhere between now and 21st of september for BfA alpha/Beta

New Nightborne Customization Live
    The males and females now have jewelry options. It's nice to see some stuff being added over time.

Some people are generally accurate in their predictions at the time, but they change later on because Blizzard is bad at planning things. I personally have no confirmation alpha is coming tonight, just rumors (which probably came from someone at Blizzard). However, those things are always subject to change right up to the point it goes live for whatever reason (technical or other in nature). That's just how Blizzard works.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    What would be interesting is if Alpha or Beta is starting today.

On the patch server things are served out under program codes. Each game and each test version has it's own program code. So for World of Warcraft live is "wow" , PTR is "wowt" , beta is "wow_beta" and alpha is "wowdev"

Currently the alpha track is at a higher build then the beta track. But alpha track is encrypted while beta track is not. Beta track (or program code wow_beta) is were all the datamining over the last week or so has come from. So if it's alpha alpha opening tomorrow then that's awesome - that means more new stuff to be revealed.
    So.. the only thing your saying is that we would see new stuff on alpha or w/e server it is. Well thats obvious we get new stuff amiright?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    New Nightborne Customization Live
    The males and females now have jewelry options. It's nice to see some stuff being added over time.
    Femsles already had this on live.. males are new which is cool.
    Also new female stuff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Some people are generally accurate in their predictions at the time, but they change later on because Blizzard is bad at planning things. I personally have no confirmation alpha is coming tonight, just rumors (which probably came from someone at Blizzard). However, those things are always subject to change right up to the point it goes live for whatever reason (technical or other in nature). That's just how Blizzard works.
    Indeed, it could be coming today than some catatrosphic thing happens that could push it back a day or 2 weeks.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    There seems to be a lot of positive vibes regarding the Alpha launching today. Let's hope for the best to see some new content if nothing else!

It would be a good point to start. But hey, even if not the Alpha, we probably have a new build to look forward to soon. That's cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Also new female stuff?
    I think their 1st face uses different geometry set now, it has a tiny bit wider jaw and chin is more pronounced. The rest still uses the same model, previously all 6 used it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    It would be a good point to start. But hey, even if not the Alpha, we probably have a new build to look forward to soon. That's cool too.
    Iirc new build is needed, this one is faulty and doesn't run for some reason.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

7+ Year Old Account
    The only thing not working with the current build is the .exe file, and I think that could be deployed in a hotfix. They probably did it to try and prevent sandboxing the client. (Tho there are working versions of the 8.0.1 exe out there so it didn't really help).

Instead going for the 'omg big bad guy destroying the world' path.
    The big problem with HvA is that it cannot seriously go anywhere and we all know it. So there's no tension.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if that was on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The big problem with HvA is that it cannot seriously go anywhere and we all know it. So there's no tension.
    Good thing there are more options than just big bad guy and HvA.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Good thing there are more options than just big bad guy and HvA.
    Not... really? I mean as far as Expansions go, they've all been "Big Bad Guy" and "HvA... Oh, wait. Garrosh was the Big Bad Guy all along!"

And the setup between what the Heart of Corruption was whispering and what bits we know indicate that it'll dissolve into "Old God Shenanigans" by the end of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Ya once it starts, every week will be something new atleast.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.