Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Those fights where Aff owns like Hounds, Coven, and Aggramar the nerfs will not be felt that badly. Not counting that tunnel fest eonar and to be fair SPs generally do better than us on Hounds. Those other 8 fights where we are competitive but not at the top we will remain meh on. The nerfs not killer but neither was it warranted.

- - - Updated - - -

^^This guy lol ^^. wants locks nerfed because they out M+ him rofl...
    Are you for real dude?

4 warlocks without a healer did 25+ keys. let that sink in. do you have any idea how ridiculous that is? that is something that was NEVER before possible, never before was a class this broken. the only thing that comes close was afflock in MoP
    Last edited by mmocf7e4d66c72; 2018-02-06 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    Locks didnt need nerf same as WW doesnt need one. Dunno why the fuck are they nerfing classes in last patch. They should just tweak weak classes
    The nerf to actual damage was tiny. It will be around 2% on ST bosses, around 4% on multiple targets.

What actually got nerfed pretty hard (and needed it) was Drain Soul healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Are you for real dude?

4 warlocks without a healer did 25+ keys. let that sink in. do you have any idea how ridiculous that is? that is something that was NEVER before possible, never before was a class this broken. the only thing that comes close was afflock in MoP
    They should nerf the tank as well for not needing a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Another clown who cant read logs.

These datas give an AVERAGE.

There are TENS OF THOUSANDS of afflocks compared to 500-10k of other classes which pushes the median AVERAGE DOWN.

If you go to each boss and look at the actual rankings, you find afflocks on every single fight.

Every

Single

Fight.

You cant do that with any other class.

Even Ion himself said that warlocks are broken, hence his comment "no king rules forever"

mmochampion is just filled with butthurt heroic only baddies who are mad they are losing like 4% damage at best, which they could gain by actually playing their class properly.
    I think may need to take an English class and follow it up with a Math class.

Does it even really matter? Technically the expansion is over. Why even do these changes now when they should consider them for BfA and all potential changes to account for the lack of the artifact. This feels really blown out of proportion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    I think may need to take an English class and follow it up with a Math class.
    Ran out of arguments, time for ad hominem

pathetic, typical mmocuck user

lmao shit logs that prove nothing to try confirm your bias /golfclap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    you shouldnt expect people on mmochampion to be able to read logs properly, they are the same kind of people who wine 24/7 on the official forums

Who even looks at All-Star points as a way to judge class/spec strength?

Actually, does thing make the mage tower harder to do now? I was trying to do it at 904, so i need more gear then.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing to me how STILL TO THIS DAY so few people know how to play Affliction properly, and then they complain that Affliction is "under powered" or "middle of the pack." If that's your experience, you're doing something wrong. I've got a whole xpac of screenshots ranging from simple normal and heroic levling 5-mans to endgame M+ and heroic raids showing me at the "top of the pack," and I'm not even particularly well geared - I'm like 36th warlock on my dead-ass realm alone. So.... not sure what all of you guys are doing if you're struggling at this point. You really just shouldn't be.

When I see Afflocks with crap damage they're almost always:
    1) Speccing for single target burn with BS like Malefic Grasp, Contagion, and Conduit instead of embracing slower multi-target damage with Write, Absolute, and Siphon...
    2) Failing to maintain dot up-time on multiple mobs at all times.
    3) Allowing their Agony to fall off and lose stacks.
    Almost every single time I end up in groups with other Afflocks, even those who readily outgear me and SHOULD be wiping the floor with me, they fall short.

This "nerf" is fine. Affliction is fine.
    6% To two dots isn't going to break our damage, and our self-heals are so amazingly strong right now we can basically ignore half the fight mechanics in Heroic Ant.
    If you can't make Affliction sing for you at this point, it's on you - not the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    now click on parse twice, and you see affliction at almost 5000 parses higher than the second spec, 9 specs don't even have 5000 parses rofl.

also notice even though enhancement is #1 on dps it's played less than elemental shaman who is 7th from the bottom, face it affliction is so overpowered and overplayed because it's too strong and too easy, when everyone plays a spec it's not because it's "good and fun" its because it's too damn strong.

but don't worry only the lead game dev and most of the wow community disagree with you, but im sure some "unbiased" affliction locks will agree with you, you can make a group called "echo chamber" and talk about how unfair that nerf was and how bad affliction is LUL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    Does it even really matter? Technically the expansion is over. Why even do these changes now when they should consider them for BfA and all potential changes to account for the lack of the artifact. This feels really blown out of proportion.
    Still a lot of people progressing and later farming. It's not like doing a change like this is much work so it's good they do it, not to mention there's also the mythic+ tournament coming up. Your BFA argument makes even less sense as obviously everything is going to be completely rebalanced for that, this change is for the next 6 months or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Caladia View Post
    Who even looks at All-Star points as a way to judge class/spec strength?
    people looking for a spec where a whole guild will let them pad on all the aoe fights and make them never do mechanics so they can maximise dps and tunnel 24/7?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Still a lot of people progressing and later farming. It's not like doing a change like this is much work so it's good they do it, not to mention there's also the mythic+ tournament coming up. Your BFA argument makes even less sense as obviously everything is going to be completely rebalanced for that, this change is for the next 6 months or so.
    So based on this train of thought, it could be surmised that the m+ tournament is possibly the biggest factor for these changes. I still feel the BfA argument is valid but whatever.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account

Cool

now click on parse twice, and you see affliction at almost 5000 parses higher than the second spec, 9 specs don't even have 5000 parses rofl.

also notice even though enhancement is #1 on dps it's played less than elemental shaman who is 7th from the bottom, face it affliction is so overpowered and overplayed because it's too strong and too easy, when everyone plays a spec it's not because it's "good and fun" its because it's too damn strong.

but don't worry only the lead game dev and most of the wow community disagree with you, but im sure some "unbiased" affliction locks will agree with you, you can make a group called "echo chamber" and talk about how unfair that nerf was and how bad affliction is LUL.
    I mean - I play Affliction because it's my spec. I've been an Aff main since Vanilla. The fact that we're actually in a pretty strong place this x-pac is a super welcome and refreshing change of pace, but it has absolutely zero to do with my spec choice. I played Aff when Destro was the top dog, and I played Aff when warlocks in general were struggling... Some people might be chasing that easy character-of-the-month, but some of us just enjoy the spec for what it is....

But beyond that - you're correct. Any Affliction lock trying to argue that we are NOT incredibly strong and a bit over-tuned right now is either lying, delusional, or doesn't play Affliction enough to know what the hell they're on about. If you look at our abilities and strength next to basically any pure DPS class in the game right now, we have the ability - WITH SKILL - to come out on top every time. As fun as that might be for us, it's not balance or fair and it's not healthy for the overall game to have one spec of one class so blatantly over-represented.
    Last edited by FecundDecay; 2018-02-06 at 04:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biruta View Post
    Long Dark Night of the Soul (self heal) nerfed by 70%
    Luckily, that's not as bad as it sounds. Given 4 of those traits, it should only be a 20% nerf to drain soul healing. Our self-healing should still be very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    He also links logs properly and not just the top 100 or whatever overall. Locks are strong.
    This is the reason why claases are getting pruned to death.

"Waaaaah x does more dps than y, waaaahhh!"

Someone is always at the top, keep crying and it will 5 buttons and a cap on dps. Aka the game with completely suck.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

people looking for a spec where a whole guild will let them pad on all the aoe fights and make them never do mechanics so they can maximise dps and tunnel 24/7?
    I had people in my guild offering to go on their aff alt for mythic aggramar because they thought its op there for dps just because the "wcl statistics" told them that. When in reality the "big bar" happens because guilds use perma corruption wls with ring to slow the adds.

They really should remove the ember dmg from the statistics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    So based on this train of thought, it could be surmised that the m+ tournament is possibly the biggest factor for these changes. I still feel the BfA argument is valid but whatever.
    For the m+ tournament we would need some big monk nerfs though.. strongest dps class for tournament setting (generally easy keys if its like last time).

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    If you're "draining life" shouldn't you be able to heal decently from it?
    Decently?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Z0NZ4QfRo