Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    950 is more than enough, and it will help since people who are pugging want ilvl 1000 for LFR (you know what i mean)
    Ideally you should be doing +15 around ilvl 925-935.

Quote Originally Posted by TeraAkron View Post
    The problem is the ridiculous dichotomy between:

1) The actual intended ilevel for a +15 Mythic dungeon, which is not rocket science to figure out. A +15 drops 940 gear, which is intended to be an upgrade, which means that the intended ilevel requirement is 930-935.

AND

2) The expectations of the player base for a +15, particularly as the population of higher ilevel players is constantly on the increase. In my experience, there is basically NO WAY that anyone below 940-945 will be accepted for anything higher than a +14, unless it's early in the morning or afternoon and a 940+ tank cannot be found. DPS below 940 are out of the question at any time during the day of the week. Many groups will even demand some IO Raider score or some other benchmark.

People want smooth runs, particularly with a +15, which for many people is their single Mythic+ for a week just to get good chest loot on the following reset. The intended ilevel requirement is essentially a pointless measure. Your question should be "what is the minimum ilevel requirement that players are asking for today?".

Unfortunately, this is the nature of human beings in a virtual game.
    This is Legion, that's not how tuning works now. You can't really estimate what something is tuned for based on the loot it drops.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    i tanked a +17 this week with my alt at 945 but its a dk and i have the legendary chest and heal more than the healer
    heres the armory link hes sitting at 952 right now https://worldofwarcraft.com/de-de/ch...khand/spazeman
    Last edited by Spaze; 2018-02-06 at 09:21 AM.

Alright so two sets of people here, one saying 900-910 which is completely fine for tanking a +15 if you're in a premade group or you make your own group and really know your shit and a second group saying 930+ which if you're pugging is what you will need.

Depending on how you'll be doing the content the required Ilvl will change.

Deleted
    I was very comfortable tanking 15-17s on my paladin in 920 back in november when the average ilvl in groups was in the 940s. The first week I dinged it was necro/teeming/tyrannical.
    Last edited by mmocc06afdaf3e; 2018-02-06 at 10:18 AM.

Deleted
    https://www.wowprogress.com/characte...lvermoon/Sonol

Check out: Mythic+ Experience -> Season 7.2.5 -> view runs: Darkheart Thicket -> Darkheart Thicket M+15

I had 908ilvl on that run.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    https://www.wowprogress.com/characte...lvermoon/Sonol

Check out: Mythic+ Experience -> Season 7.2.5 -> view runs: Darkheart Thicket -> Darkheart Thicket M+15

I had 908ilvl on that run.
    7.2.5? Dungeons were rescaled in 7.3 again...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    7.2.5? Dungeons were rescaled in 7.3 again...
    Ilvl was rescaled as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    Ilvl was rescaled as well.
    Ilvl that the dungeon rewards not the one you can do it comfortably with... The ilvl to complete a +15 was vastly different in 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3 due to upping the difficulty of the dungeon.

I had a 904 blood death knight do a 15 easily.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Well of course you can't take pug groups into account,they always ask for at least 30 ilvl over what's needed
    I'm not sure, but I want to assume the tank asking is pugging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I've sacrificed everything, what have you giv...

Punches the demon hunter in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    Been gearing up for tankning, but I'm hesitant to jump into higher keys as I don't want to ruin them. Sitting at 950/951 or so, 8.9m hp, have the leggy head with the extra heal charge, the neck and the bracers with the 200% shield, but I'm unsure if they actually work outside of Ret.

Would this be sufficient to take on, say, a 15?
    More than enough, I have a alt pally that started doing +15s at like 920-925. My experience with other thanks and tanking M+ in general definitely helped, but yes, you are more than geared enough.

Performance anxiety is one of the biggest things that hold people back, just go for it. The worst thing that could possible happen is you fail the key and waste 30 minutes. So what? queue up and try it again. Dont let silly things like fear from lack of perfection hold you back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    I had a 904 blood death knight do a 15 easily.
    So either:
    (a) No you didn't.
    (b) You did it with an over-geared group of friends carrying you.

No one in their right mind would invite an ilvl 905 random to a PuG +15. If you were carried by a group of friends then you are being completely unhelpful because he is asking if he can PuG a +15, not if he can be carried.

What a lot of people don't seem to understand is this:

It's not about 'what amount/level of X is required for Y'. It's about the fact that when you have a limited amount of spots to fill and a rather huge amount of potential candidates, it's just common fucking sense to choose the better option out of those presented.

This is the usual mistaken train of thought:

- I can't get into a group with ilvl940
    - It says it requires ilvl960
    - I know it takes just ilvl920 to actually complete it
    - Why would they ask for ilvl960 when ilvl920 is enough?

Bolded is the main mistaken part. People are not 'asking' for some impossible standards, they are simply choosing the best option out of those presented.

The bar moves between 'demand' and 'supply', just like in anything related to humans, their relationships and employment in particular. You can try demanding the Argus cutting edge achievement for a Mythic-0 run, like some people try to exaggerate, but it won't work; that's the difference and that's who those exaggeration are incredibly absurd. Asking for curve for a normal run works, because you still get a shitton of candidates this way.

The especially ironic thing about all that is that people who don't understand these simple truths run around calling those who set high requirement 'selfish', while not realizing that it's the other way around.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

For me probably 980 ilevel.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    More than enough, I have a alt pally that started doing +15s at like 920-925. My experience with other thanks and tanking M+ in general definitely helped, but yes, you are more than geared enough.

Performance anxiety is one of the biggest things that hold people back, just go for it. The worst thing that could possible happen is you fail the key and waste 30 minutes. So what? queue up and try it again. Dont let silly things like fear from lack of perfection hold you back.

- - - Updated - - -

So either:
    (a) No you didn't.
    (b) You did it with an over-geared group of friends carrying you.

No one in their right mind would invite an ilvl 905 random to a PuG +15. If you were carried by a group of friends then you are being completely unhelpful because he is asking if he can PuG a +15, not if he can be carried.
    Neither actually I just know that 15s don't require 950+ ilvl as most people tend to think.