Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Zandalar males aren't and nightborne are just nelfs with nerfed chests and butts that stand different lol
    Except they aren't...Nightborne males don't suffer the horrible hourglass figure Night Elf males do...their ears are different as well.

Lightforged are a straight up copy of Draenei, Void Elves are a straight up copy of Blood Elves, and Dark irons are a straight up copy of Dwarves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Except they aren't...Nightborne males don't suffer the horrible hourglass figure Night Elf males do...their ears are different as well.

Lightforged are a straight up copy of Draenei, Void Elves are a straight up copy of Blood Elves, and Dark irons are a straight up copy of Dwarves.
    Here, since you're clearly not capable, look at these two in the dressing room right next to each other.

http://www.wowhead.com/dressing-room...M0V9cM7uRRJ87k

All they did was slim the Nightborne down by about 10%, and they have up-pointing ears instead of down.

If you look at skin color 3 on Nightborne and 2 on Nelf it's easier to see.

The only cool race that the Horde get is the Zandalari. Nightborne turned out to be buggy cheap copies of Night Elves and Highmountain customization is extremely limited.

On the Alliance side, Void Elves get a ton of customization options and Lightforged Draenei get a very strong DPS racial.

I would say Alliance is getting the better deal so far.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Vulpera are not playable. There's even an official Blue post responding to someone thinking they are:

"As we mentioned when race information for Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves was datamined during development of Patch 7.3, we’ve found that setting up certain races as though they were player characters can be highly advantageous for NPC customization in story content. While those races did become Allied Races later, we still intend to use this approach for non-playable races.

Please don’t take a race being datamined in this way as an indication that it will become playable in the future!"

Link
    https://twitter.com/WowChakra/status/960999877516947456

ONE quick google, see those numbers at the end? That is the allied race variable, see how its exactly the same for Zandalari and Vulpera? So yes, they are being added and yes they are going to be Horde. They even added child models to them with this patch.

Unless their catagorization on the client changes, they are indeed flagged as an allied race.

I think it's worth noting that this was posted:

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...100-confirmed/

They gave their reasoning as to why it was marked as a playable race. Has to do with NPC customization, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    The only cool race that the Horde get is the Zandalari. Nightborne turned out to be buggy cheap copies of Night Elves and Highmountain customization is extremely limited.

On the Alliance side, Void Elves get a ton of customization options and Lightforged Draenei get a very strong DPS racial.

I would say Alliance is getting the better deal so far.
    Ton?

Our skin colors are virtually either white or dark purple/blue. Not even a happy medium option.

More than half the male options are mop hair, with only 2 real visible tentacle options. And the facial options are virtually indistinguishable.

It's about as dumb as saying blood elves have much customization when everybody knows it's barely noticeable.

Nightborne are far more different from night elves than void elves are from blood elves. For one, nightborne actually get tattoos and facial accessories in the modelviewer, their hair texture has way more polygons, and the male faces are nowhere near as terrible as the male night elf ones. The haor options are also better while all male night elves get is a pocahontas and some other hobo hideous hairstyles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    I think it's worth noting that this was posted:

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...100-confirmed/

They gave their reasoning as to why it was marked as a playable race. Has to do with NPC customization, I suppose.
    And? Seriously, check the twitter link in my post above yours. That is the same bullshit they said when we datamined the allied races in 7.3.5 :P

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    It seems Blizzard really dont want people to roll the Alliance with the set of the allied races.

The Horde got the best looking Zandalari race and badass Draenor Orcs with Nightborn and Highmountain races having the solid background and pretty cool new skins.

The Alliance got Draenei and dark skinned blood elves with zero backstory, Vulpera race that looks like a lame joke and hopefully the good looking Dark Iron dwarves.

And until some smart ass guy will come and say that Nightborn and Highmountain are just retextured NE and Tauren, i say no - Nightborn looks nothing like NE (unlike VE/BE), and new set of wide branched horns makes the whole big difference between King-Like elegant Highmountain taurens and usual clumsy fat-ass taurens, unlike Draenei/LF Draenei that only different in the eye color and couple new beards.

Blizzard wtf?
    To each their own I'd say, I do prefer the choices on the Alliance more than the Horde, but I can see why some would prefer the options over on the Horde. To me, Highmountain just seem uninspired (with choices in skin colors few, tattoos and antlers being the only differences from regular tauren) and once you've got a helmet/armor on it, you can hardly tell the difference between that and a regular tauren. Easily applicable to the Lightforged of course, but I prefer the goats over cows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantisfactory View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that Vulpera are being created to be the Gnomes of the Horde.
    Goblins you're thinking of Goblins.

On topic for OP: with the expection of Void Elfs all the allied races have some cool lore behind them. I don't really see the issue. Just going to ignore your baseless speculation.

Brown Orcs should have been added as skin colour for regular orcs age ago. They've been fully integrated memebers of the Horde since literally BC. Fuck they're not even culturally different from green orcs like dark iron are to bronzebeard.
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2018-02-07 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    It seems Blizzard really dont want people to roll the Alliance with the set of the allied races.

The Horde got the best looking Zandalari race and badass Draenor Orcs with Nightborn and Highmountain races having the solid background and pretty cool new skins.

The Alliance got Draenei and dark skinned blood elves with zero backstory, Vulpera race that looks like a lame joke and hopefully the good looking Dark Iron dwarves.

And until some smart ass guy will come and say that Nightborn and Highmountain are just retextured NE and Tauren, i say no - Nightborn looks nothing like NE (unlike VE/BE), and new set of wide branched horns makes the whole big difference between King-Like elegant Highmountain taurens and usual clumsy fat-ass taurens, unlike Draenei/LF Draenei that only different in the eye color and couple new beards.

Blizzard wtf?
    want to know a secret? no matter what they give each faction someone like you will come in and claim that the grass is greener on the other side...

one could also say that Nightborne are like nelves left to starve while highmountain are mostly a deer-cow hybrid

not to mention that draenor orcs look like orcs that got washed out on laundry

come on, if you want to toss random crap at a race you can do that for any race, it's just that taste

btw Velf racials are blatantly OP for arenas, something that actually matters, unlike which race has the most 'unique' appearance which is basically a fashion contest for weirdos

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    And? Seriously, check the twitter link in my post above yours. That is the same bullshit they said when we datamined the allied races in 7.3.5 :P
    It's possible, but I guess we'll have to see. They make a lot of sense as an allied race (considering they share models with the goblins), but have we seen a male variant yet? I'm not completely kept up on BfA myself.

Just scrolled down some into the tweet you mentioned, and happened to stumble upon the male Vulpera. Welp. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVY6OYKX0AAciZv.jpg
    Last edited by MinTDH; 2018-02-07 at 03:14 AM.

this threads jumped the shark. can we please have an allied race mega-rage-thread at this point?! ugh

7+ Year Old Account
    I play Horde and I have to agree the Alliance Races, aside from maybe the Dark Iron and possible Kul Tiras (this is a maybe), look not really exciting and even droll. The Void Elves are good for those that have wanted to play a Blood Elf (but far more edgier and tentaclier) and the Lightforge are... alright if you want to look flashier and have tattoos.

Meanwhile the Horde is getting Draenor Orcs (which could mean the multiple orcish clans of Draenor or Outlands) which gives tattoos, different skin tones, and unique new hairstyles. Highmountain Tauren which are warpainted Tauren with amazing look antlers and totems (seriously their heritage armor is my favorite). Nightborne which are basically highly advanced High Elves with glowing tattoos and unique looking poses. And lastly the Zandalari Trolls who're standing up straight have tattoos just like the rest and has gold placed around their tusks, noses, ears and even necks.

Personally I would keep the Void Elves, they're not for me (I don't like elves in general) and would've done Broken Draenei instead. Those would've been a bit more interesting in my own opinion. To me it just seems like Blizzard listened to what the Horde wanted and had trouble with figuring what to give the Alliance and it felt almost half-assed. The Dark Iron and the possible Kul Tiras ones are the only two I believe players actively were asking for. Void Elves are such a new thing that nobody was asking for and Lightforge is also pretty new but I can see a small crowd I guess asking for.

I don't know could just be because I love what the Horde got and am pretty disinterested in what most of the Alliance got as it stands. I'm sure there are those out there that think the Horde got shafted and that their races are cool. But to me the Horde got the better and the Alliance got the randomly put together races.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    Here, since you're clearly not capable, look at these two in the dressing room right next to each other.

All they did was slim the Nightborne down by about 10%, and they have up-pointing ears instead of down.

If you look at skin color 3 on Nightborne and 2 on Nelf it's easier to see.
    Yeah...because using a version they already said they're going to change is a fair comparison

I play horde and I think alliance honestly got shafted on allied races. Still though, doesn't seem like they're going to stop putting out allied races and the hordes seemingly next allied race is the draenor orcs so maybe alliance will get something cool while we get things that should have been character creation options. Some are going to be more exciting than others.

How many players that are not already playing a dwarf will be interested in Dark Iron? Yes, exactly, not many. Dwarf is one of the lesser played races. This Allied-Race is straight up dumpster tier. Sorry to those 3 people who are looking forward to them...but for the Alliance as a faction they add nothing. And what their racials will be does not matter either, Goblins have some of the best racials in the game and are about as much played as Pandaren. The motive preference obvioulsly is more important than the power of the racials.

Meanwhile MANY players who would have never played a Darkspear WILL happily play a Zandalari. THAT is the difference Alliance players are pissed about. Rightfully so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gioderpington View Post
    The fox people are on the kultiras isles, alliance.
    The snake people are the zandalar isles race I think...
    You have your information wrong. Vulpera are mostly in Vol'dun on Zandalar but SOME are Kul'Tiras in the dungeon Freehold.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Vulpera

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Horde allied races were rushed, that much is clear. The playable Nightborne look like the children of some hookups between their NPCs and Night Elves, HMT are disrespected and enslaved from the first moment, and hell even the precious Zandalari have been toe-circumcised!

I think the QQ furries argument is the most amusing argument ever.

You've got no problems with playing two-toed trolls from another planet. But oh fuck a PANDA?! A FOX?! A WEREWOLF?! Fuck that! I'd rather have my neanderthal tooth looking green skinned shrek clones.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I do not think Vulpera will be an allied race any time soon. People seem to forget Vulpera use the Goblin model as a base, and that entire model has to be rebuilt during the course of BFA.

I find it unlikely Vulpera will be considered for a race as long as the Goblins need updating. Once the Goblins are finished, Vulpera are going to have be rebuilt if they are to be made playable.

And remember, at Blizzcon there was confusion between the devs over whether the Goblin rig was going to be updated at all in BFA (it has since been clarified that it will be).
    If Vulpera were going to be an Allied race in the reasonably near future you'd think that getting the goblin skeleton up to modern standards would have been such a high priority that every dev could have offered an unequivocal yes when asked. People wouldn't have even connected it to the possibility of a Vulpera allied race at the time, they'd have just been glad Goblins (and Worgen) are getting updates.

That did not happen.

That is a strong indication to me playable Vulpera are not planned at the moment, though the demand and interest in them has surely been noticed by Blizzard.
    Just because the Goblin & Worgen are going to get (supposedly) updated models during BfA doesn't mean that the new race of Vulpera can't use the OLD Goblin animations. They are, afterall, a new race to the game so it wouldn't be "outdated" for them to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Ton?

Our skin colors are virtually either white or dark purple/blue. Not even a happy medium option.

More than half the male options are mop hair, with only 2 real visible tentacle options. And the facial options are virtually indistinguishable.

It's about as dumb as saying blood elves have much customization when everybody knows it's barely noticeable.

Nightborne are far more different from night elves than void elves are from blood elves. For one, nightborne actually get tattoos and facial accessories in the modelviewer, their hair texture has way more polygons, and the male faces are nowhere near as terrible as the male night elf ones. The haor options are also better while all male night elves get is a pocahontas and some other hobo hideous hairstyles.
    Have you not seen the color options for a Blood Elf? Its ghostly white to pasty white. There is no other options so your "ZOMG the lack of skin color options" is invalid. The male Blood Elves facial hair is barely even noticeable so really does it matter which one you use when you create one? That's about the same argument as saying only two "real visible tentacle options". So to say that Void Elves and Blood Elves are not that much different is bullshit. And then to say that Nightborne and Night Elves are far more different is ignorant. The only thing that makes a Nightborne and Night Elf different is one is slightly slimmer than the other & the ears are upright instead of laying back and Night Elves have glowing eyes. Its funny. My boyfriend who hasn't been reading up on anything WOW related saw a Nightborne in Org and asked when Night Elves joined the Horde and when the women lost their idle bouncing.

Quote Originally Posted by Erythros View Post
    want to know a secret? no matter what they give each faction someone like you will come in and claim that the grass is greener on the other side...

one could also say that Nightborne are like nelves left to starve while highmountain are mostly a deer-cow hybrid

not to mention that draenor orcs look like orcs that got washed out on laundry

come on, if you want to toss random crap at a race you can do that for any race, it's just that taste

btw Velf racials are blatantly OP for arenas, something that actually matters, unlike which race has the most 'unique' appearance which is basically a fashion contest for weirdos
    I couldn't agree with you more about your comparison on the races. The only thing I have to say is that the Lightforged have the most OP racial in the game right now. Any Alliance paladin or warrior that isn't Lightforged is just a crappy one that doesn't care about their dps. The two racials (Light's Judgement & Light's Reckoning) scale with your strength and are hitting for high numbers right now.