Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevrex View Post
    Guess I wrote it wrong but I meant "except Highmountain" sorry. They look the same as Taurens : )

About the Skeleton part, I wasn't lying. I just don't really know the difference between the skeleton and the models. What I mean is that unlike the alliance races, the zandalari and the nightborne are not recolors.

Something I would like to note though, people are really angry in this thread lol.
    Yeah I thought the same 1 minute after I posted it... I was overreacting a bit.

I was just angry, because threads like this pop up, not only daily, but every couple hours and the OP always pretends to be someone who represents everyone and what he says is objectively right and not just his opinion >.>

I'd rather have no new race than Vulpera. Cute effing creatures ewww.

Think if the Draenor Orcs joins together with Draeneis since they used to be friendlies before the Orcs went rampage-mode, and joins the Alliance in BfA. Heck they weren't even in on the genocide either(or?) So who knows.

Vulpera for Horde, and Draenor orcs for Alliance as two first in BfA? That would be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    But you didn't say that, you just said "Vulpera won't be horde" with no reasoning.

Also please stop with the "skeleton" nonsense, there is no rule in place that says a faction can't have two races with the same skeleton, not sure why this has become a thing here.
    It's as if these people didn't notice Lightforged and Highmountain.

Horde just got retextured trolls and anorexic Belves. See how this works?

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    "Badass draenor orcs." Cus brown orcs are so much better than dark iron dwarves. Or void elves...
    Void elves suck so much... so yes. yes they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Weird conclusion considering they gave the Alliance the most popular Allied Race in game so far...
    Nightborne are Horde buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Vulpera are not playable. There's even an official Blue post responding to someone thinking they are:

"As we mentioned when race information for Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves was datamined during development of Patch 7.3, we’ve found that setting up certain races as though they were player characters can be highly advantageous for NPC customization in story content. While those races did become Allied Races later, we still intend to use this approach for non-playable races.

Please don’t take a race being datamined in this way as an indication that it will become playable in the future!"

Link
    The counterargument has been "Yeah, but then they put in other Halloween masks when Goblin and Worgen ones were datamined" but I doubt this is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I feel like whoever is handling the allied races department has had a few drinks too many on quite a few occasions.
    Void Elves and Lightforged are proof of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    Personally I'd rather have void elves than blood elves or Nightborne. Void elves look cooler Nightborne look weird, I couldn't find a hairstyle, face, skin color or tattoo I liked. They look more like aliens than elves. But I am enjoying my High mountain shammy though ☺
    What? Void Elves look like reject edgelords that are too cringe for regular edgelords.

It's not an "allied race tag" and the link explicitly states why they have the tag.
    It is literally the tag used for the interface to create the race, so no it is an allied race tag.
    And the link, as I said, explains nothing why they got coded to have a character selection flag.
    Something no other npc race has.
    Naga and ThinHuman both have a 0 for instance.

It's not an "allied race tag" and the link explicitly states why they have the tag.
    No, it doesn't. One, that's not what the link speaks of(it talks about them being in the file at all, not having this particular tag), two, Ornyx only said they're doing that to select NPC races, not that Vulpera are one of those.

Meh, if the Alliance gets the Sethrakk as a counter to Horde’s Vulpera then that’ll be awesome.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    But you didn't say that, you just said "Vulpera won't be horde" with no reasoning.

Also please stop with the "skeleton" nonsense, there is no rule in place that says a faction can't have two races with the same skeleton, not sure why this has become a thing here.
    I guess I took it for granted, since it's been stated a few times already.

As for the skeleton being nonsense, I'd have to disagree. I personally wouldn't like to have 2 units with the same running/casting/hitting/idle animation but of different race. That's my personal opinion. That's on Blizzart's part however. They could have made the Vulpera on a new skeleton. Using the same skeleton makes sense for me only in cases that those 2 different units share similar background (Void x Blood Elves, Shal x Kal'dorei etc).

If vulpera become playable, which hopefully will never happen, they will join the Horde. There's 0 connection between them and the Alliance, aside from a single one being a boss in a dungeon. A boss the Alliance will kill.

Void elves were the most hyped allied race, and I'm pretty sure they're the most played. They are slightly modified versions of an existing race, much like every single other aside from the Zandalari. Yeah, that's right. Nightborne and HM tauren are as much "retextured old races" as the Alliance ones.
    Btw, Dark Iron dwarves look GREAT.

The next race that's likely to join the Alliance, the Kul'tiran, also has a completely new model, unlike the next Horde one, the Draenor orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    Looks like Pandaren to me.
    Ops, you're right, i confused with the Quilboar
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post

As for the skeleton being nonsense, I'd have to disagree. I personally wouldn't like to have 2 units with the same running/casting/hitting/idle animation but of different race. That's my personal opinion. That's on Blizzart's part however. They could have made the Vulpera on a new skeleton. Using the same skeleton makes sense for me only in cases that those 2 different units share similar background (Void x Blood Elves, Shal x Kal'dorei etc).
    except horde have two races that use the night elf skeleton now. nightbourne and zandalari
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

When in full armor, you won't notice any differences. You/we should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Alidfe View Post

So it shouldn't be surprising that Blizzard would do things like make Horde allied races have easier unlock conditions and a bit more polish to try to attract players.
    I personally found Argus and Army of the Light rep MUCH easier and faster than the Highmountain rep and Suramar.

People seem to base "easier" upon the assumption that just because 2 reps have been around for a longer time, they're somehow easier to obtain for new players...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post

Thing is, they're no longer restricted to the skeleton for animations.

Vulpera being sculpted with the Goblin skeleton for a base =/= them having the exact same run animations, idle animations and attack animations. Not even the Nightborne run exactly like Night Elves, and they're pretty damned similar.

I think a lot of o frustration that comes from Horde players is feeling like Blizzard has forgotten the identity of the Horde.

Warcraft 3 is what turned the Horde into a rag-tag group of survivalists all fighting to survive, rather than a war-mongering group hell-bent on domination. However, this changed in Cataclysm when we got stuck with the villain bat. It hurt, even more, having Vol'jin cast aside to be replaced with a Forsaken, which despite being Horde in WoW, was not a Horde race in Warcraft 3.

Horde has zero WC3 heroes left as faces in the game:

Vol'jin Dead.
    Thrall MIA.
    Cairne Dead.

Syvlannas was not a Horde hero at the time of WC3.

Alliance, at the very least, still have Muradin.

Traditionally, Horde core races are Troll, Orc, Tauren, and to a lesser extent dating back to WC1 and 2, Ogre and Goblin.

But the races we see doing the most these days are Blood Elf and Forsaken. That's not to say this is a bad thing because it's not. But traditionally Blood Elves look out for themselves first and really didn't cement into the Horde until MoP (they were going to jump ship). And forsaken have their own agenda they put ahead of the Horde, as seen in Stormheim.

Sometimes it feels like we are just the red alliance.

Furthermore, when you try to add this race:

But then show THIS RACE right after:

Of course, people who are more rooted in the traditional WC3 sense of the Horde, of monstrous races uniting together to survive are going to take a look at savage snake-man versus cute fox, and get pissed at the idea of getting cute fox. Even if the Vulpera is the most savage race in the game, simply by aesthetics alone, Sethrek are Horde. All day. Everyday. They fit the bill instantly, whereas Vulpera does not.

But again, Horde aesthetics have changed, and we feel more like red alliance more often than not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

7+ Year Old Account
    vulpera for horde would be awesome. vulperan hunter for the winBRAK BRAK BRAKA BOOM!!
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantisfactory View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that Vulpera are being created to be the Gnomes of the Horde.
    Goblin are the gnomes of of the horde....you must be new to the game and lore so you are forgiven.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    vulpera for horde would be awesome. vulperan hunter for the winBRAK BRAK BRAKA BOOM!!
    Its ok we get fat boys anyway

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    It seems Blizzard really dont want people to roll the Alliance with the set of the allied races.

The Horde got the best looking Zandalari race and badass Draenor Orcs with Nightborn and Highmountain races having the solid background and pretty cool new skins.

The Alliance got Draenei and dark skinned blood elves with zero backstory, Vulpera race that looks like a lame joke and hopefully the good looking Dark Iron dwarves.

And until some smart ass guy will come and say that Nightborn and Highmountain are just retextured NE and Tauren, i say no - Nightborn looks nothing like NE (unlike VE/BE), and new set of wide branched horns makes the whole big difference between King-Like elegant Highmountain taurens and usual clumsy fat-ass taurens, unlike Draenei/LF Draenei that only different in the eye color and couple new beards.

Blizzard wtf?
    Are you serious?

Highmountain tauren are regular playable tauren with antlers and tattoos. Nightborne elves are slimmer playable night elves with silver-tattoo-like hues.

When was "vulpera" announced as the future allied race? Even "badass Draenor orcs" at that?

What is going on with this thread... ?

EDIT: So I just went through your post/started thread history and I'm 99.9% sure this is a troll thread. More props to you for the bait.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Of course, people who are more rooted in the traditional WC3 sense of the Horde, of monstrous races uniting together to survive are going to take a look at savage snake-man versus cute fox, and get pissed at the idea of getting cute fox. Even if the Vulpera is the most savage race in the game, simply by aesthetics alone, Sethrek are Horde. All day. Everyday. They fit the bill instantly, whereas Vulpera does not.

But again, Horde aesthetics have changed, and we feel more like red alliance more often than not.
    What did you expect when the most played Horde race is BE by a large margin?