Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    Even a Roman Legion would be something like 3,000 - 5,000 men. And that Empire would have maybe 25 or more legions at a time scattered about, plus other groups of equal number but less skilled forces.. The Horde, even in its reduced state after the last several wars, should be able to at least put up a single legion's worth of troops for matching into Night Elf territory.

Besides, what about Feathermoon's army to the south. She's got herself a much of troops down there.
    sylvanas divided her forces I imagine that the main body of the army was going with saurfang

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    And people say Sylvanas sounds evil? She sounds like a competent and strategizing leader.
    You can be a strong commander and a strategist and still be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    I mean, It's an act or far either way. But how did you draw this conclusion? There was no doubt the Horde invaded Darkshore but the why is still a mystery as far as I can tell.

We also don't know how the Horde managed to burn the tree down.
    Well, I would be very surprised if the Horde was only planned to invade Darkshore and leave Teldrassil alone, so regardless who is going to burn the tree, attacking Teldrassil should at least be in their mind. It's certainly not a misunderstanding and the Horde was just framed like Garrosh was by the Twilight Cult. Seeing that they are also killing wisps (which while are spirits of dead NE, carrying a different world view from when they were alive and more aligned to nature than any faction), it's fair to assume they they considered that there are chances the wisps would be against their attacks. I don't think the spirits of forest would fail to detect the corruption of a massive tree or will be against removing it. They definitely had no issue with exploding upon Archimonde and burning down another better tree as the result before.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    Irl 200 is nothing, but in the warcraft universe? I'm not sure. Have other conflicts mentioned any numbers for us to compare with?
    Oh, when I used "small scale", I was comparing it with real life battles. I've been imagining that battles in WoW are on more or less the same scale as our battles in history - WW2 battles, for example - and we just don't see that many troops in-game because of technical limitations. There are magic involved in WoW, but usually both sides have spellcasters and our real life better weapons make up for the lack of magic anyway. Knowing that there were only hundreds soldiers on the Horde side (and seeing that they were able to at least keep their ground with Malfurion army, presumably around that amount in the NE side as well) make me feel a bit underwhelmed.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Well, I would be very surprised if the Horde was only planned to invade Darkshore and leave Teldrassil alone, so regardless who is going to burn the tree, attacking Teldrassil should at least be in their mind. It's certainly not a misunderstanding and the Horde was just framed like Garrosh was by the Twilight Cult. Seeing that they are also killing wisps (which while are spirits of dead NE, carrying a different world view from when they were alive and more aligned to nature than any faction), it's fair to assume they they considered that there are chances the wisps would be against their attacks. I don't think the spirits of forest would fail to detect the corruption of a massive tree or will be against removing it. They definitely had no issue with exploding upon Archimonde and burning down another better tree as the result before.

Well, it's a fictional universe. There are sooo many ways this can go. My point is the "why" is still missing.

Oh, when I used "small scale", I was comparing it with real life battles. I've been imagining that battles in WoW are on more or less the same scale as our battles in history - WW2 battles, for example - and we just don't see that many troops in-game because of technical limitations. There are magic involved in WoW, but usually both sides have spellcasters and our real life better weapons make up for the lack of magic anyway. Knowing that there were only hundreds soldiers on the Horde side (and seeing that they were able to at least keep their ground with Malfurion army, presumably around that amount in the NE side as well) make me feel a bit underwhelmed.
    It's really weird that they put a number to it at all. They almost never do that. It would be nice if the dialogue told us how we are supposed to feel about it.

Something like: "Sylvanas is only sending 200 troops... " or "Sylvanas is sending over 200 troops!!!".

I guess I'll just assume it's a small force until then, since as you said it would be a small force irl.

For me, the conclusion is very easy: Sylvanas had hoped to gather Azerite to bomb Stomrwind, but with the Alliance's fast intervention in Silithus she has to accelerate her plans and uses it against the closest target before anybody can figure out a defense.

It's pretty much WW2 Hiroshima+Nagasaki translated into WoW.

It is not hard to understand that Night Elves cannot defend against Azerite weaponry. That stuff is the blood of a Titan. Even the powers Heroes like Malfurion showed cannot stand up to the true might of a Titan.

If you call it a good strategy to nuke the planet below your feet, which is already wounded to begin with, or simply the act of not only cowardice, but warmongering madness that is of course up to you.

Not everybody would call a devastating attack with weapons that your opponent could not antiipate "clever" or "good strategy"....the people of New York, for example.

Deleted
    And people say Sylvanas sounds evil? She sounds like a competent and strategizing leader.
    Hitler was competent and strategizing. I don't see where you're trying to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomes Smushen View Post
    Hitler was competent and strategizing. I don't see where you're trying to get.
    While, if you only judge from this broadcast text, there is no indication on whether she is good/evil.

Still, someone at the first pages jumps out and shouts "Sylvanas is evil" as if it is relevant to the text.

But why? Like why do something this shitty? there has to eb a reason? Do blizzard want horde players to hate their faction? Causing war for no reason?

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of screwed up logic do you subscribe to?
    Evil doesn't and has never meant incompetent or stupid...

@ all the people who tried to defend the burning of teldrassil in the past few months with their "maybe she was trying to stop it" BS.... Here you go, you were wrong... Told you, she started this.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    But why? Like why do something this shitty? there has to eb a reason? Do blizzard want horde players to hate their faction? Causing war for no reason?
    There's no causation yet, doesn't mean there isnt any when the full game rolls out
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    This, seriously... I used to like the horde once upon a time, when Thrall was running things, and then I liked it again for a while while Vol'jin was in charge, but Sylvanas is looking more and more like Garrosh every day... She had better have a damn good reason for this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ash123 View Post
    While, if you only judge from this broadcast text, there is no indication on whether she is good/evil.

Still, someone at the first pages jumps out and shouts "Sylvanas is evil" as if it is relevant to the text.
    No, but her past actions do... No one said it because they looked at the broadcast text in a vacuum.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    This, seriously... I used to like the horde once upon a time, when Thrall was running things, and then I liked it again for a while while Vol'jin was in charge, but Sylvanas is looking more and more like Garrosh every day... She had better have a damn good reason for this.
    Seriously, Before the Storm is going to have to be a hell of a book to somehow save Sylvanas from raid boss status. I'm incredibly curious to see why she thinks this is a good idea and, more importantly, why the rest of the Horde seems to be going along with her.

Deleted
    Why is she taking this against Malfurion's troops specifically? That is strange. Are they attacking the Cenarion Circle in Moonglade too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    Why is she taking this against Malfurion's troops specifically? That is strange. Are they attacking the Cenarion Circle in Moonglade too?
    Hamuul is part of it so I doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This might be a crazy guess. But I honestly think both or at least one of Stormrage and Whisperwind will die defending Teldrassil. Their daughter Shandris Feathermoon will become the leader of the Night Elves and the warfront in feralas will be her main area.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Ash123 View Post
    The text suggests that Sylvanas employs some pretty decent strategy to defeat night-elves led by Malfurion.
    To be fair, everyone is starting to get annoyed with all the nightelves drama that even the horde has to come and save them over and over. Better to just rid the world of them and let the Nightborne thrive!

It comes with a good amount of details regarding the planning and executing of campaign, more so than what we have on the seige of Lordaeron.
    The thing im most surprised is that they gave a number for once and gave it over and over. Usually blizzard keeps it tight lipped on what population numbers are and stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stooned View Post
    The question is...does Malfurion stand back, or enter the frey. The latter is necessarily bad for the Horde in Ashenvale.
    Like he would make a difference. Knaak doesn't write for him anymore and he hasn't been close to mary sue levels in such a long time. He'll probably cry "Tyranddeeeee!!!" as the players get to cut his head off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Hamuul is part of it so no way.
    Uhm, that is even stranger. Something must be wrong with Malfurion if Hamuul turns on him. They have been quite close friends for quite some time.

I mean, it could be. At the moment Tyrande sits at the embassy brooding, maybe she senses something is wrong too?

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    Christie Golden kills anything Richard Knaak corrupted, she killed Krasus and Rhonin... next it's Malfurion!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I hated the Horde under Thrall and Vol'jin. It's good we are getting another hellscream. If you want to play the good guys. Play alliance. Cata horde was by far the best version. And it looks like Windrunner is bring it back to that. Just she will succeed where hellscream failed.
    Aye mate

Man so are all the orderhalls breaking up or something? I don't think attacking Malfurion would be too great for the Cenarion Circle