Page 1 of 3
LastLast

"free speech" youtube pundits ignoring polish law criminalzing speech.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...d-in-the-holoc
    "Polish president President Andrzej Duda signed a bill on Tuesday that authorizes jail time for people convicted of suggesting the country was complicit in the Holocaust."
    you would think that people on youtube who make their career off of critiziing SJWs all day,(ben shapiro, dave rubin, sargon" would certainly be worried about the free speech implications of this, yet every channel, every twitter feed of these people, no mention of it whatsoever

The answer is simple, the Polish government is anti-immigrant, so the "free speech" brigade don't want to criticize someone who is pushing their actual agenda. And yes, anti-immigration and anti-Islam policies are their agenda... not speech. Now, that's not all of them, but it is a healthy percentage... just look at these forums as an indicator.

Liberal indoctrination campsuniversities tho.
    Last edited by NED funded; 2018-02-07 at 05:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't expect Ben Soyboy Shapiro to remain consistent in anything

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd never heard that the Polish govt was somehow involved willingly. Is this about free speech, or is this about slander and libel? Help me out, here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both sides do this.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'd never heard that the Polish govt was somehow involved willingly. Is this about free speech, or is this about slander and libel? Help me out, here.
    how is it libel and slander, when there is much documentation that supports the claim?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    how is it libel and slander, when there is much documentation that supports the claim?
    Well, see, that's why I was asking.

This forum is biased left.

They also like to hate on the "liberal" Angela Merkel.

These are not exactly worldly people, kek.

Quote Originally Posted by godofthunder View Post
    It's actually pretty right wing.

There's some tissues over there in the "I Feel Sorry For Myself" corner though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

For calling out hypocrisy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Much like reality is biased towards the left.

You can take it up with whatever higher spiritual being if you are unhappy with that.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

It's been a day since he signed the bill.

"Polish president President Andrzej Duda signed a bill on Tuesday that authorizes jail time for people convicted of suggesting the country was complicit in the Holocaust."
    you would think that people on youtube who make their career off of critiziing SJWs all day,(ben shapiro, dave rubin, sargon" would certainly be worried about the free speech implications of this, yet every channel, every twitter feed of these people, no mention of it whatsoever
    Because these ''free speech advocates'' don't give a crap about free speech, it's a buzzword that they use to justify spouting their drivel. It's something they benefit from, not something they actually work to preserve, and certainly not something worth angering their rabidly anti-semite and/or anti-imigration base over. Because in the end, youtube pundits all about catering to their base, even moreso than traditional media.

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    It's been a day since he signed the bill.
    And in the age of the internet, that's not exactly a short time frame.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I was actually thinking about this yesterday when I heard it as well. I was hopeful that this issue (of a "right" authoritarian restricting freedoms via law) would be discussed on the channels you mentioned. Thus far it has not been, which is pretty hypocritical (if they know about it, but have not chosen to talk about it).
    That would be accurate. Although it's possible they didn't hear of it, considering that in a way, they're not exactly looking for this branch of information.

However, if I've learned anything in life, it's that politics and ethical consistency are antagonists.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

7+ Year Old Account
    Has Poland ever had 1A equivalent rights? If they never had it in the first place then this law has no consequences. A country has to have free speech before they can lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Has Poland ever had 1A equivalent rights? If they never had it in the first place then this law has no consequences. A country has to have free speech before they can lose it.
    Seeing as those commentators are concerned with the principle of free speech and not the right to free speech, why should this matter here?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    At the very least they should have Article 10 (which probably means nothing to you but since 1A is only you that is what you get) but that is not unrestricted, laws can limit the freedom of expression

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    At the very least they should have Article 10 (which probably means nothing to you but since 1A is only you that is what you get) but that is not unrestricted, laws can limit the freedom of expression
    They can't limit free speech if you have the 1A. Speech could be evidence but it's never a crime.