10+ Year Old Account
    If the Colts do end up with Jeff Fisher, I can only hope that Andrew Luck says screw it and goes and plays somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Also in this day and age who the hell makes verbal agreements and expects that to be solid? Also read that someone that was planning to go with him as assistant did sign.
    IDK, in the legal sense, verbal contracts can be valid if there's some sort of consideration (IE, giving up of something). In this case, I feel like the Colts gave up on their head coach search, hired a bunch of assistants on the promise that McD was going to be the coach, etc. Although take that with a grain of salt, I haven't studied contracts since the bar exam almost a decade ago, and it's certainly not my area of law in any way.

They could sue for breach of contract if that verbal promise counts, but they won't get McD to coach for them, best they could get is money/other compensation from either McD or the Patriots if they find the Patriots responsible as well.

All that being said, the NFL is a private organization and probably has rules about teams suing each other, and the nature of contracts.

- - - Updated - - -

But why would they sign before the HC has officialy signed? Also if bills leaves as HC i can see him still remain as GM
    Because a verbal promise is a legally valid contract in many situations. "Agreeing to terms" is a thing. Now, McD can worm out of it because the NFL rules specifically say a coach can't sign a contract until his team is out of the playoffs, but relying on a verbal promise is not on the Colts, it's on McDaniels for being a piece of shit.

I'm not even close to surprised about McDaniels backing out last minute, but that is also based on his last HC job and everything surrounding that mess. Unless he was going to do literally everything differently than he did in Denver, the Colts lucked out.

Jeff Fisher might do ok with a healthy Luck if Gore stays. Luck/Gore/Hilton is probably comparable to the McNair/George/Mason trio he had in Houston/Tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I'm not even close to surprised about McDaniels backing out last minute, but that is also based on his last HC job and everything surrounding that mess. Unless he was going to do literally everything differently than he did in Denver, the Colts lucked out.

Jeff Fisher might do ok with a healthy Luck if Gore stays. Luck/Gore/Hilton is probably comparable to the McNair/George/Mason trio he had in Houston/Tennessee.
    "do ok" is the Jeff Fisher motto for coaching. You can bank on quite a few 8-8 finishes with him at the helm. Maybe even a 9-7 or 10-6 if you get really lucky. He's got 20+ seasons of experience as a HC and like 5 playoff wins. We know who he is at this point. He's like a worse version of Andy Reid. He'll get the team up-and-running, stable, but they'll never win anything meaningful.

Granted, maybe that's all the Colts need right now (get the team back to stable), as they're in a really bad spot with what McDaniels did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    We know who he is at this point. He's like a worse version of Andy Reid. He'll get the team up-and-running, stable, but they'll never win anything meaningful.

Granted, maybe that's all the Colts need right now (get the team back to stable), as they're in a really bad spot with what McDaniels did.
    While I agree with gist of this assessment, I feel that Reid is able to both make teams - not necessarily individual players - better and get the raport of the locker room; Fisher can do neither.

And looking at the AFC South, the Colts might be a suicide mission for a HC even with Luck on the field. Titans and Jaguars are solid playoff caliber teams and the Texans have almost limitless potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    If the Colts do end up with Jeff Fisher, I can only hope that Andrew Luck says screw it and goes and plays somewhere else.
    Idunno, rumor has it that Luck needs another surgery on his shoulder.

Apparently Gronk may quit the NFL soon to become a Movie Star

Would you watch his movies if he becomes an actor ?

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/us-sport...07-p4yzo1.html

New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski is reportedly considering retiring from football to pursue a career in Hollywood as an actor.

Citing a source, Bill Burt of The Eagle-Tribune reported Tuesday night that Gronkowski has been told by two acting superstars, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Sylvester Stallone, that he could make millions of dollars in action films.

Despite an impressive performance in Super Bowl LII on Sunday night, the 28-year-old Gronkowski would not commit to playing next season in the wake of New England's 41-33 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.

Gronkowski has told friends that the injuries have "taken a toll on him," according to the newspaper report.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be surprised if he quit, he's been injured near every season and there was that one time he held out coming back as long as he could. That said he has none of Rock's charisma or Stallone's talent, dude seems like a huge twat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Deleted
    He was good in Family Guy. Maybe some more of that kind of work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if he quit, he's been injured near every season and there was that one time he held out coming back as long as he could. That said he has none of Rock's charisma or Stallone's talent, dude seems like a huge twat.
    Are you sure we have been watching the same stallone? Talent lol?
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch the earlier Rocky films.

Wouldn't surprise me if Gronk transitioned to Hollywood, or did a few more WWE stints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going from the NFL to the WWE is incredibly stupid. The pay sucks, you work 365 days a year, and the physical risks are probably worse than football.

15+ Year Old Account
    He wrote and starred in Rocky and was nominated for an Oscar for his acting in Creed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

15+ Year Old Account
    And those where such good movies :P
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Jimmy Garoppolo got paid. A lot. $137.5M over 5 yrs, $87M guaranteed. https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/sta...68166211522561

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe the Strong View Post
    Well, Jimmy Garoppolo got paid. A lot. $137.5M over 5 yrs, $87M guaranteed. https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/sta...68166211522561
    Wohoo. If he keeps going the way he started it'll be cheap. If he doesn't well I don't want to entertain that possibility right now.

These QB contracts, jesus. That's 27m a year for a guy who's basically started like, what, 7 or 8 games?

That should set Cousins at north of 30m easy.

That isn't good for the teams that are interested in Cousins. He will end up looking for (or I should say his agent will be looking for) like 5-6 years and 150-180 million or something insane. I wouldn't be surprised if both him and Bell end up on the Jets or something.

Stafford is also going to look like a bargain in a year or 2 with how much QB contracts keep increasing.

Not really sure how Gronkowski would do as an actor. Guess he could play Frankenstein's monster or a caveman or something along those lines and do alright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Football players as actors is a mixed bag, he should at least be better than Howie Long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends if you want a ring or not. Higher your cheque less likely you're gonna get one. :/