Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Did anyone here re-sub because of Allied races?

Hey.

I'm wondering if there are anyone who re-subbed to play the new races.. But then got disapointed when they were hit by this rep grind wall.

15+ Year Old Account
    I resubbed for scaling zones and subraces. The scaling was the better of the two.

No and no chance of me ever re-subbing again until they release Classic, when I will resub to play just classic.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

I came back when the Allied Race launched. The grind aint that bad unless you haven't played at all. I've been subbed for about 2 months since Legion launched and I only have Argussian Reach left to do. It took me like 4 days to grind 21k reputation so I think the reactions are quite overblown.
    Last edited by Prifter; 2018-02-08 at 11:38 AM.

I guess I did? About a month or so ago when they were announced at Blizzcon. I wanted to play again anyway, but allied races were an added bonus and something I could work towards when I started playing again. Took me about maybe a little under 3 weeks to get exalted with both Argus reps? No disappointment at all, although It did seem like a staggering amount of work when I first started. It went by fast though.

Deleted
    subraces are for subhumans

Quote Originally Posted by Prifter View Post
    It took me like 4 days to grind 21k reputation so I think the reactions are quite oberblown.
    Please teach me, or make a guide.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Do all the argus quests. Do emissaries, do all Argus world quests or just Mac'Aree if after Argussian Reach. Finally, look for WQs that give rep tokens... those are account bound, so you can do them on multiple 110 characters, and send them to whoever you are mainly grinding the rep on. Also, clear your mission table in the class hall often, and hope for rep token missions.

I followed the guide on Wowhead, works like a charm, maybe you should check it out!

10+ Year Old Account
    I re-subbed because my brother wanted me to do group stuff together, and bought me a 6 month subscription to get me to do so. I wouldn't have re-subbed with my own money until the BfA pre-patch (or whenever the class changes were implemented) as I had no interest in playing my hunter again until those changes went into effect.

So no, sub-races had nothing to do with my return to WoW. Nice bonus though.

Deleted
    I did! Great use of my money, it has been really fun grinding out the sub-races and unlocking them! Can't wait till more come out <3

Quote Originally Posted by Prifter View Post
    I followed the guide on Wowhead, works like a charm, maybe you should check it out!
    I'll Look into that

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Do all the argus quests. Do emissaries, do all Argus world quests or just Mac'Aree if after Argussian Reach. Finally, look for WQs that give rep tokens... those are account bound, so you can do them on multiple 110 characters, and send them to whoever you are mainly grinding the rep on. Also, clear your mission table in the class hall often, and hope for rep token missions.
    Thanks

Deleted
    Hey.

I'm wondering if there are anyone who re-subbed to play the new races.. But then got disapointed when they were hit by this rep grind wall.
    Oh. Your post is quite different from the title. I was going to say 'me', but I'm not disappointed by the requirements (and since I can read, I knew about them before subscribing as well). So, no, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Oh. Your post is quite different from the title. I was going to say 'me', but I'm not disappointed by the requirements (and since I can read, I knew about them before subscribing as well). So, no, not me.
    Well, I do hope people read the OP and not just the title, Would be pretty silly if people commented based only on the title

10+ Year Old Account
    Had all required Rep and got the races quite fast. However, none of them interested me, except maybe the Tauren, but sadly, once again Tauren went to horde and I play alliance Favorite race in a faction I hate, fml
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Seems like a lot of people have issue reading right under the pre-order button what is required to play them then come to forums to complain

I suppose a lot of people did since the token prices went up by 100k when allied races were unlocked in EU

Hey.

More like a rep grind bump in the road. Don't let something very temporary discourage you!

- - - Updated - - -

From here on MMO-C:
    Allied Race Reputation
    With the release of Allied Races, we wanted to take a quick look at ways to earn reputation for each of the factions required to unlock a race.

When the Darkmoon Faire is in town, ride the carosuel for WHEE! or purchase a Darkmoon Top Hat
    Take advantage of the upcoming World Quest Bonus Event for 50% more reputation from world quests
    Argus rare mobs have a very low chance to drop Demon's Soulstone

Lightforged Draenei
    Unlocking the Lightforged Draenei requires Exalted with Army of the Light.

Complete the Argus quest line, world quests, and Order Hall missions that reward insignias.
    Complete weekly quests that reward 1000 reputation each: Fuel of a Doomed World and Invasion Onslaught

Void Elves
    Unlocking the Void Elves requires Exalted with Argussian Reach.

Complete the Argus quest line, world quests, and Order Hall missions that reward insignias.
    Complete weekly quests that reward 1000 reputation each: Fuel of a Doomed World and Invasion Onslaught

Nightborne
    Unlocking the Nightborne requires Exalted with The Nightfallen.

Complete the Suramar story: Insurrection
    Complete world quests and Order Hall missions that reward insignias.
    Complete the Withered Army Training scenario
    Complete the daily Feeding quests

Highmountain Tauren
    Unlocking the Highmountain Tauren requires Exalted with Highmountain Tribe.

Complete story quests, world quests, and Order Hall missions that reward insignias.
    Do the Legion Invasion quests when Highmountain is up
    You can find insignias in treasure chests around the zone.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2018-02-08 at 12:25 PM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    I'm resubbing for BfA, the story looks incredible.

Deleted
    Well, I do hope people read the OP and not just the title, Would be pretty silly if people commented based only on the title
    It's also pretty silly to have a title that is a fundamentally different question than the one you ask in your post. You know perfectly well people will get confused or not read the post properly. Example: "I did! Great use of my money, it has been really fun grinding out the sub-races and unlocking them! Can't wait till more come out <3". Clearly not someone who was disappointed, but answered 'I did' on your title. But hey, if you want to work at a clickbaiting company, you have to practice somewhere, so kuddos for your effort!