Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Yes, since theyre also able to heal the plaguelands the same can be done for the area around the UC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    The BlizzCon panel said that Lordaeron will be left in even more ruins than before and is “indefensible”.

Sorry Alliance dudes, you’re not getting a new city.
    I don't think the Alliance really needs some ruins filled with goo. That is probably why they didn't get it. It would require a whole revamp to make it an alliance city. Gilneas is the obvious choice for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixius View Post
    I said technical not absolute victory. The Alliance did not get their precious city back. Sylvanas gave them the finger. Anduin will probably have a cry somewhere.
    Pushes Forsaken out of the Eastern kingdoms > has a cry. Your logic is creative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    And they are still limited to the outcasts of society, willing to embrace the void, the void elves stand a snowball chance in hell against quel'thalas, even if every last high elf would join them .
    They only need Alleria to corrupt the Sunwell and the Blood elves are done. They will go in withdrawal again and probably be tempted into joining the void elves to satisfy their needs for magic.
    That is the problem with junkie elves. They are really easy to defeat. Just destroy the source of their addiction. If the alliance went and destroyed the tree in Suramar the Nightborn would all wither. It's dumb really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lamme View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see how they deal with all these potential raids/scenarios/phases where a city gets attacked and maybe even conquered. How will that affect low level players and players without the expansion?
    It will at least make the leveling experience even more diluted and messy, that's for sure.
    They have said that already. The events are level based. Low level forsaken will still have Undercity. Once they hit level 110 it changes.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-02-08 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamme View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see how they deal with all these potential raids/scenarios/phases where a city gets attacked and maybe even conquered. How will that affect low level players and players without the expansion?
    It will at least make the leveling experience even more diluted and messy, that's for sure.
    Whole zones will be phased I guess. Nothing will change until level 110. To that point, you will still be able to visit both Undercity and NE city.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    They only need Alleria to corrupt the Sunwell and the Blood elves are done. They will go in withdrawal again and probably be tempted into joining the void elves to satisfy their needs for magic.
    That is the problem with junkie elves. They are really easy to defeat. Just destroy the source of their addiction. If the alliance went and destroyed the tree in Suramar the Nightborn would all wither. It's dumb really.
    They can function without the well, they would do the same thing they did it became corrupted the first time, destroy it and then just resort to feed of mana bearing vermin and arcane sanctums as they used to, if they still need it at all that is, since it has been mentioned they are no longer addicted. Then there is of course the tree in suramar, which could cure them entirely. The void elves on the other hand are incredibly few in number and would easily be overwhelmed.

Pushes Forsaken out of the Eastern kingdoms > has a cry. Your logic is creative.
    The Alliance did not push the forsaken out, they still hold half the western plaguelands, silverpine and Hillsbrad foothills.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2018-02-08 at 12:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    You really don't think a ton of people would have fled south? Any sane person would have at least considered fleeing when fucking ZOMBIES started chewing through the country.

I'm not saying they are "just waiting for their homeland to be liberated", but they are there, and there would be a lot of them.
    A ''ton'', yeah, no. The absolute majority where completely slaughtered. There are def survivors as is shown in Warcraft 3, since they joined with Jaina, but dont come and claim that there are lots. A few hundred at best.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    They can function without the well, they would do the same thing they did it became corrupted the first time, destroy it and then just resort to feed of mana bearing vermin and arcane sanctums as they used to, if they still need it at all that is, since it has been mentioned they are no longer addicted. Then there is of course the tree in suramar, which could cure them entirely. The void elves on the other hand are incredibly few in number and would easily be overwhelmed.

The Alliance did not push the forsaken out, they still hold half the western plaguelands, silverpine and Hillsbrad foothills.
    i dont understand, i remember reading once that you mainly play alliance, yet in like 90% of your posts i see you defending the horde (especially blood elves) very willfully. especially regarding the whole lordaeron thing. i can't remember seeing you defending the alliance ever, but maybe i missed it? im not trying to be offensive im just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Allenschezar View Post
    But i'm still not sure how that would impact silvermoon and exodar.
    Anduin doesn't go further than Lordaeran 'cus he isn't interested in wholesale conquest and knows the Alliance can't make any claim to the Belf lands.
    Sylvannas decides that the Space Goats aren't gonna do anything else lore-wise so why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    i dont understand, i remember reading once that you mainly play alliance, yet in like 90% of your posts i see you defending the horde (especially blood elves) very willfully. especially regarding the whole lordaeron thing. i can't remember seeing you defending the alliance ever, but maybe i missed it? im not trying to be offensive im just curious.
    I don't play mainly Alliance I actually play both factions and don't like either of them that much to be honest and I discuss in a manner in which I can have a fun discussion, I can bash every single race into oblivion, due to their lore screw ups, but could also defend them. The reason why I so often defend the blood elves because I like to, despite the fact that I know many of the counterarguments can be turned around on them, but that is true for almost every race after all. Yet the main reason is I like to try to stay somewhat consistent, otherwise I have to argue with the entire forum here all the time and that could be a tad too much.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    It's a thing. It's hard to defend the Alliance on these boards because there are so few ATTACKS on the Alliance that are unwarranted.

People constantly make up headcanon about the Horde and it's goals, but the Alliance is almost always presented as exactly what they are.

With the exception of Greymane, who is sometimes presented as over the top evil. That's mainly where I get accused of being an Alliance Fangirl is when I point out flaws in attacks on him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Anduin doesn't go further than Lordaeran 'cus he isn't interested in wholesale conquest and knows the Alliance can't make any claim to the Belf lands.
    Sylvannas decides that the Space Goats aren't gonna do anything else lore-wise so why bother?
    Oooo... I like your understanding of Anduin, there!

Though based on the artwork... I don't think the Horde is actually going to be -responsible- for Darnassus. Sylvanas is standing on the Darkshore next to a wounded Vereesa looking surprised across the water. I don't think she ever got close enough to harm the tree.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Deleted
    The whole direction of attack makes 0 sense. There is a Horde harbor in silverpine and Blood Elves have a harbor in Quel'thalas with the Forsaken having a direct translocator to the Sunfury Spire to ask for aid. The Alliance fleet would have been met with heavy resistance making a ground assault from the Thandol span to the north their best option. Even then the forsaken control Andorhal since cataclysm and had years to make it into a mighty bastion to support the Undercity from. Andorhal would make a better Warfront than Stromgardes worthless ruins which are infested with criminals and ogres.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    My bigger problem is that the Horde actually attacks stormwind to free Saurfang and set fire on the city. I think over the course of the addon, a similar attack or even bigger should happen to Orgrimmar.
    BFA creaming about Horde favoritism. They set to fire two of our capitols. While it was Horde themselves who blighted Undercity. Good job Blizzard.

Yes, we will take back Lordaeron, and from this day forward it will be Lordaeron first, Lordaeron first!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odelius View Post
    The whole direction of attack makes 0 sense. There is a Horde harbor in silverpine and Blood Elves have a harbor in Quel'thalas with the Forsaken having a direct translocator to the Sunfury Spire to ask for aid. The Alliance fleet would have been met with heavy resistance making a ground assault from the Thandol span to the north their best option. Even then the forsaken control Andorhal since cataclysm and had years to make it into a mighty bastion to support the Undercity from. Andorhal would make a better Warfront than Stromgardes worthless ruins which are infested with criminals and ogres.
    Overwhelming Force is the reason Lordaeron falls.

At this point in WoW Lore, the entire Horde Military has been beaten down to nearly nothing. Through Cataclysm they were starving, and more or less "Lost" the war against the Alliance even before Mists came around and a significant portion of the Orcish Military went Kor'kron to serve Garrosh before getting slaughtered by the joint Alliance/Horde forces that swept through Orgrimmar.

It's probably why Blizz decided to give the Horde both Highmountain and Suramar (Two large cities) while giving the Alliance the remnants of an ancient army and a small number of renegade Blood Elves. It's the Horde's way of bulking up their forces in the wake of such staggering losses.

And neither the Nightborne nor the Highmountain play a significant role in the defense of Lordaeron. We don't know -why- yet, but... yeah.

Meanwhile the Alliance brings a dozen troop ships and sets itself on a direct path to slaughter their enemy in the crumbling ruins of a fortress that fell 20 years earlier when the Scourge destroyed it under the Death Knight Arthas Menethil. And yeah, the Horde can get some support from Andorhal and the Belves, but there's only so much "Support" will do for a smaller force in a crumbling ruin trying to hold it from a larger, well armed, enemy force.

As to Arathi: The Horde might not have Lordaeron, anymore, but the Alliance has no powerful posts in the area, and Lordaeron is essentially destroyed in the fighting, making it an impossible to defend ruin filled with plague-taint by the Horde's retreat. By falling back to Stromgarde, and rebuilding it a bit, the Alliance can control the Thandol Span to lock the Horde for the most part in the northern end of EK. Yeah, they've got ports and shit, there, but the Horde's Navy isn't as big as the Alliance's, canonically. On the water the Alliance can bottle them in, for now, but needs Kul'tiran ships to maintain Naval Superiority.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.