Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    In-game lore is what matters over canon lore in-game.
    It never has and it never will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miake View Post
    So that means horde did nothing on Argus it was all the alliance since we got both the allied races from there!
    The Horde was there, through Liadrin, but they had a much less prominent role.

Besides, the only reason why these two races are Alliance is because of Alleria and Turalyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I clearly remember saving their sorry asses from madness/total annihilation. The alliance helped saving Suramar as much as the horde did. There's even a world quest where Tyrande tells you "we must spread word of the alliance's arrival!".
    Shrugging it off by saying "you think you were there, but you weren't!" is just horrible writing. And I already didn't really like the Zandalari treatment, where your exalted Zul'gurub reputatio didn't matter anymore in IoC.
    This is distinctly not true and that is evident in game. The Blood Elves commited way more resources to Suramar than the Night Elves did. Go look at the area in front of Suramar. Look in the streets of Suramar where there is fighting. Despite Night Elves having a much larger population than Blood Elves, the Blood Elves are the ones with a larger force there helping.

Yes both factions helped, but they did not help equally. The Horde did in fact commit more resources to helping Suramar than the Alliance did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexfu View Post
    I been seeing this over and over and over..... All the allied race threads, BFA lore threads..... Alliance players keep saying "well I saved suramar" talking about the Nightborne or Thalyssra.

SO I thought I'd clear it up: What is reflected in-game does not always portray the cannon story that is the back-bone this 20+ year franchise.
    WHEN AN EVENT HAPPENS IN GAME THAT BOTH FACTION PLAYERS PLAY THROUGH IT'S FOR GAMEPLAY SAKE. BOTH Alliance and Horde Player-Characters get an equal game-play experience for a customer based product. SO for GAME-PLAY sake we all get the experience.

A small investigation in to the story and lore will give you context. Sometimes its Horde cannon sometimes its Alliance cannon... In this case.....

According to cannon lore it was a "Horde Champion" that did what our player character did.

So Alliance players you DID NOT save Suramar. Your faction partially helped along side the Horde, while the Horde champion was the one to do the player character action......

That combined with the haughty pride of the Night Elves pushed Suramar to the Horde. Alliance stop acting like you're the pride of suramar now a enemy...
    An MMO has proven time and time again to be a poor medium for progressing a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post

Besides, the only reason why these two races are Alliance is because of Alleria and Turalyon.
    my comment was intended as sarcastic because how fucking dumb the OP sounds!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post

Just like with Suramar, both factions helped, but not equally. The Alliance committed more resources to to Argus than the Horde did. But when you consider it is Velen's home planet and Alleria and Turalyon were rediscovered there, it isn't really surprising that the Alliance held less back on Azeroth. Plus, the Horde was spread thinner given that they committed more troops in both Stormhiem and Suramar while Valshara and Highmountain were handled mostly by the natives (with Malfurian and Tyrandes help in Val'shara's case) and the Illidari handled Aszuna.

So in the overall story of Legion, the Horde and the Classes committed more forces to the Broken Isles and so were, overall, weaker relative to the Alliance when the path to Argus opened. Between having less troops committed elsewhere and having stronger motivations, the Alliance then took the lead on Argus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    My headcanon is that the Horde did Suramar, Highmountain, Stormheim and the Broken Shore, while the Alliance did Azsuna, Val'sharah, Karazhan and Argus.
    Alliance and Horde did nothing in Highmountain, Broken Shore, Azsuna, Val'sharah, Karazhan and Argus. Class Orders (and the Army of the Light on Argus) did most of the work against Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    An MMO has proven time and time again to be a poor medium for progressing a story.
    Agreed, which is why Chronicle is going through the entire Warcraft history and is making a succinct storyline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miake View Post
    my comment was intended as sarcastic because how fucking dumb the OP sounds!
    icic
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    Just like with Suramar, both factions helped, but not equally. The Alliance committed more resources to to Argus than the Horde did. But when you consider it is Velen's home planet and Alleria and Turalyon were rediscovered there, it isn't really surprising that the Alliance held less back on Azeroth. Plus, the Horde was spread thinner given that they committed more troops in both Stormhiem and Suramar while Valshara and Highmountain were handled mostly by the natives (with Malfurian and Tyrandes help in Val'shara's case) and the Illidari handled Aszuna.

So in the overall story of Legion, the Horde and the Classes committed more forces to the Broken Isles and so were, overall, weaker relative to the Alliance when the path to Argus opened. Between having less troops committed elsewhere and having stronger motivations, the Alliance then took the lead on Argus.
    Which is fine. Argus was more of a storyline that was grander than Azeroth, so much so that you don't see any faction conflict at all. 7.2 was pretty much the same way. It was Velen and Illidan's story. Turalyon and Alleria were main characters but not the main characters.
    Last edited by Goldielocks; 2018-02-08 at 05:33 PM.

The constant bending of reality from horde players reminds me of every "gender-whatever" person, claiming there are 178 genders in nature.

Sure, I don't like reality quite often either, but I don't claim that something isn't true, just because I don't want it to be true.

I don't care, just give me my Dark Iron Dwarves already!

10+ Year Old Account
    From what the developers said, Horde and Alliance forces were still reeling from the loss against the Legion, and were not very helpful in the overall campaign against the Legion. It was the player, acting on behalf of the order halls, that did all the work. No matter what head cannon you have about your character, it is fact that you are there representing the Order Hall and not the Alliance/Horde.

If this would be the case, it would still be bad. If what my character is doing in-game doesn't matter, and it's a major part of the storyline, they should just write different stories for the Horde and the Alliance. I saved Thalyssra the Crack Elf, and I expect her and her potheads to act as cannon fodder in the Alliance army.

So Alliance players you DID NOT save Suramar. Your faction partially helped along side the Horde, while the Horde champion was the one to do the player character action......
    It's funny that you contradict yourself immediately.

So we didn't save Suramar, but we helped save Suramar? That means we actually did save Suramar.

Deleted
    I've been doing the retarded mother fucking Nightshite reputation for well over a year EVERY fucking day now for that fucking flying carpet and if some Blizzcock says that I didn't save that Shithole Suramar I'm gonna fucking rip his throat open!

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    If this would be the case, it would still be bad. If what my character is doing in-game doesn't matter, and it's a major part of the storyline, they should just write different stories for the Horde and the Alliance. I saved Thalyssra the Crack Elf, and I expect her and her potheads to act as cannon fodder in the Alliance army.
    The issue is that players are thinking "I, an alliance player, went in and saved Suramar"! But that isn't what happened. Players did not go in as an emissary of the Horde or the Alliance, they went in as representatives of their faction and of Dalaran. Both the Alliance and the Horde also sent troops and equipment (the Belfs and Nelfs in particular, with Belfs committing more), but the player was not there as Horde or Alliance. The player was there as a representative of Monks/Shaman/Mages/Warriors/Etc..

Quote Originally Posted by UmbraPhoenix View Post
    Seriously, does anyone read? It was the Blood elves who fought street to street, and door to door, to liberate suramar, while the night elves scouted and handled the outskirts. The alliance helped to liberate suramar, but it was the HORDE who shed the most blood and fought the most vicious fight. Ever see a real street battle? They are a mess, lines of sight blocked by buildings, confusion, distorted sounds.
    right, that explains why tyrande, liadrin, and vereesa were all side by side when elisande scorned them individually, and how it was night elf, blood elf, and high elf forces who got caught in her time spell.

liadrin mentions the sin'dorei having more experience with the terrain than tyrande, yeah, but that doesn't imply what actually happened. the alliance and horde were both there, in equal number and of equal prominence.

A small investigation in to the story and lore will give you context. Sometimes its Horde cannon sometimes its Alliance cannon... In this case.....

According to cannon lore it was a "Horde Champion" that did what our player character did.
    Any chance you have a link to this, or any proof of it actually being canon? As far as I can tell, both the Horde (through Liadrin) and Alliance (through Tyrande) helped liberate Suramar, and Thalyssra herself was saved from withering and dying by the player character who could have been of either faction. I can't find any quest text or developer comments or anything of the like that says "Canonically, the player character in Suramar was only Horde".

7+ Year Old Account
    Erm, didn't the nightborne first make contact with the Alliance to join them?

The Nightborne were dead all along.

Deleted
    I been seeing this over and over and over..... All the allied race threads, BFA lore threads..... Alliance players keep saying "well I saved suramar" talking about the Nightborne or Thalyssra.

SO I thought I'd clear it up: What is reflected in-game does not always portray the cannon story that is the back-bone this 20+ year franchise.
    WHEN AN EVENT HAPPENS IN GAME THAT BOTH FACTION PLAYERS PLAY THROUGH IT'S FOR GAMEPLAY SAKE. BOTH Alliance and Horde Player-Characters get an equal game-play experience for a customer based product. SO for GAME-PLAY sake we all get the experience.

That combined with the haughty pride of the Night Elves pushed Suramar to the Horde. Alliance stop acting like you're the pride of suramar now a enemy...
    Is there proof for that?

Regardless it was a joint effort as far as the assault on the nightwell went, and there were 2/3 alliance forces. See the forces charging the Nightwell and you will see 1/3 belf, 1/3 nelfs with mounts and 1/3 high elves. Maybe in lore it was different, i would like to see the source of that, but that is how its portrayed in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    Plus, the Horde was spread thinner given that they committed more troops in both Stormhiem and Suramar while Valshara and Highmountain were handled mostly by the natives (with Malfurian and Tyrandes help in Val'shara's case) and the Illidari handled Aszuna.

Source: Your Ass.

The Horde and Alliance forces in Stormheim are only relevant to the initial couple quests and then the faction hubs towards the end. There isn't anything being "committed" just the player character directly assisting Odyn and the Valarjar. There is literally zero evidence that the Horde committed more troops to Suramar, and it is hilarious that you'd try to play it off as "Well, Horde really did most of the work in Suramar because Liadrin was there and said a couple lines, b-but Val'sharah was neutral even though Tyrande and Malfurion were actively fighting on the front lines! They were just helping!"