Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[spoiler] Sylvanas and Saurfang relationship

I think it's interesting that in the cinematic, Saurfang was so eager to fight for Sylvannas and in the leak it seems that Sylvannas would even instruct Thalysra, Rokhan and us to extract him from the Stockade.

How much does Sylvannas value Saurfang? Or is it just to make the Orcs like her more?

10+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang is probably a highly valued warrior to the Horde, whether Sylvanas likes him or not doesnt matter, he's too important to let the Alliance have.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Plus I think she knows he's a famous hero orcs follow. Lose him, and lose the orc-vote

10+ Year Old Account
    I remeber in the teaser for the new book a line where she said: like baine,he strong, fierce and most of it, loyal.

As much as I would like to believe she values him greatly and doesn't want a great warrior, fellow leader to be captured... it could be more that she knows what Anduin will try to do and that's sweet talk Saurfang into not fighting anymore, which could heavily impact the Orc's moral in the war.

If Anduin does his the same crap he did to Garrosh and sends Saurfang home, that'll make Saurfang less eager to kill alliance and make the orcs less eager aswell. Better to bust him out and celebrate that as a victory and strengthen the Orcs drive to kill alliance scum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    If Anduin does his the same crap he did to Garrosh and sends Saurfang home, that'll make Saurfang less eager to kill alliance and make the orcs less eager aswell. Better to bust him out and celebrate that as a victory and strengthen the Orcs drive to kill alliance scum.
    I doubt Saurfang is one of those Mary-Sue types, the way his character is setup, his honor probably dictates that he fights and dies in the battle field. He wouldn't go easy on the Alliance just because Anduin lets him go, that's more of Thrall's ballpark. My prediction for Saurfang's fate is that he'll likely end up in the same fate as Broxigar, in a blaze of glory for the Horde. And considering Broxigar is the only Orc to ever injure a Titan, I can see Saurfang doing something equally or more spectacular.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Hopefully those two will learn that love can bloom even on the battlefield.

Just as long as he doesn't cleave Stormwind in two, we'll be fine.

Leave Saurfang rot in prison = Orcs riot.

Don't think it's a question of liking him. If she lets Saurfang rot in prison, the Orcs will be most displeased, and Horde leadership in general will not take kindly to an important faction leader being forgotten by the Warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    Plus I think she knows he's a famous hero orcs follow. Lose him, and lose the orc-vote
    ^This right here and also I don't think Anduin would have Saurfang killed anyway. Probably would be used a bargaining chip for some demands.

Saurfang being eager to fight is probably due to him being loyal, especially when it comes to the Warchief shouting "For the Horde!". That's his queue to charge forward and rally the troops.

In regards to him being rescued from Stormwind, I'd guess that's just a good excuse to harm the Alliance, plus it wouldn't make much sense to lose a famous Orc hero like Saurfang just because he got captured.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    It's inarguable that Saurfang is a living legend. Not even just as an orc. He's a veteran of every single major war and not only is he a hero on his own but he also is the brother of THE most famous Orc in history.

But yeah, Sylvanas also knows that if she fucked with Saurfang it would piss all of the Orcs off. They need someone like him to keep them under control. Someone they actually respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    I doubt Saurfang is one of those Mary-Sue types, the way his character is setup, his honor probably dictates that he fights and dies in the battle field.
    He's definitely not a mary sue since he's not a shaman or druid and he's constantly getting hurt. He also was captured on the battlefield...

He wouldn't go easy on the Alliance just because Anduin lets him go, that's more of Thrall's ballpark
    Anduin had an effect on Garrosh, who knows what he could have done to Saurfang, but even if he couldn't pursue him, letting him go back home would demoralize him and his orcs. Retrieving him is the only outcome that would make the horde's morale go up.

I doubt Saurfang is one of those Mary-Sue types, the way his character is setup, his honor probably dictates that he fights and dies in the battle field. He wouldn't go easy on the Alliance just because Anduin lets him go, that's more of Thrall's ballpark. My prediction for Saurfang's fate is that he'll likely end up in the same fate as Broxigar, in a blaze of glory for the Horde. And considering Broxigar is the only Orc to ever injure a Titan, I can see Saurfang doing something equally or more spectacular.
    How is being less eager to kill the Alliance after you were more or less flattered and granted a favor, being "Mary Sue types"? Did the definition of that words changed again? ._."?
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

It's likely they are involved in a romantic relationship.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang owns to Varian. And if Anduin would do it he (Saurfang) will also owns to Anduin. Saufang too honorable to not to repay his debts.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Saurfang owns to Varian. And if Anduin would do it he (Saurfang) will also owns to Anduin. Saufang too honorable to not to repay his debts.
    care to elaborate?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cucultlan View Post
    care to elaborate?
    Back in WoTLK Varian allowed Saurfang to take Dranosh body during ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Back in WoTLK Varian allowed Saurfang to take Dranosh body during ICC.
    yes i remember it as the cannot outcome of the icc, ty for the response.
    and on that maybe thats why saurfangs wants to talk with Anduin, in a way to end the war as a way to repay the honor debt.