Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    [video=youtube;vKEqQrk98kI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKEqQrk98kI&feature=youtu.be[video]
    Really looking forward to it, so many awesome movies on the way

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Aaaaand Black Panther is already rated at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. Why am I not surprised

A perfect score strongly suggests critics are afraid of saying anything negative. There’s just no way everyone loved it. I wouldn’t trust these scores.
    Dude, it's over a week away. Only 67 reviews are in... Those are the initial reviews. Many movies at this point have had a 100% review that shift eventually. Don't willingly try to turn it into some kind of anti-social cultural commentary, or at least wait until all the review numbers are released.

...and even if they were 100% what does that mean? Does that mean they were trying to be culturally sensitive to bears living among us because Paddington Bear 2 also got a straight 100%?

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Does that mean they were trying to be culturally sensitive to bears living among us because Paddington Bear 2 also got a straight 100%?
    Damn those Bear Justice Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    [video=youtube;vKEqQrk98kI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKEqQrk98kI&feature=youtu.be[video]
    "It's a metal arm, it's not like we're trying to remove a mustache."

Did... they just call out Justice League?

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    It's an Onion article, which means it's tongue-in-cheek humor from start to finish. The entire article is mocking the people that complain of social and political issues being brought up in comics
    There's a difference between the message being there and the message being jammed into the comic. Take the first issues of lady thor where it was feminism this that and the other thing when there have been female superheroes before that have taken out male villains without having to insert that shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Aaaaand Black Panther is already rated at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. Why am I not surprised

A perfect score strongly suggests critics are afraid of saying anything negative. There’s just no way everyone loved it. I wouldn’t trust these scores.
    I mean my biggest gripe is the way they made it more African American than African and you can't say that in a review right now if you value your job. I do like the female characters from what I've seen and they seem to at least fit.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    "It's a metal arm, it's not like we're trying to remove a mustache."

Did... they just call out Justice League?
    Yes its clearly a reference to Henry Cavils mustache and the superman role in JL.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    There's a difference between the message being there and the message being jammed into the comic. Take the first issues of lady thor where it was feminism this that and the other thing when there have been female superheroes before that have taken out male villains without having to insert that shit.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean my biggest gripe is the way they made it more African American than African and you can't say that in a review right now if you value your job. I do like the female characters from what I've seen and they seem to at least fit.
    Female hero’s in the past also wernt jumped on by people who don’t read comics and just complained that Thor was made a woman with no context.

Marvel makes fun of people that wasn’t the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    A: It's already gone down to 99%.
    B: It's got an average score of 8.5/10 so... Not at all a perfect score.

The 100% means it's 100% fresh, meaning everyone has given it a high enough rating to still be considered "fresh" which I believe is anything above 7/10. If you read some of the reviews it has it's fair share of perfect scores, but just as many imperfect ones.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Not impressed .

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of the worst teaser trailers I've ever seen. Generic action movie #277, coming to theaters soon.
    BAD WOLF

Yeah, not a good trailer.
    I never liked Venom at all, but I do like Tom Hardy...I guess I'll flip a coin.

such a waste to have one of the best actors working right now and it being made by sony.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    such a waste to have one of the best actors working right now and it being made by sony.
    dude looks a little small to be a good Brock to me.

If it wasnt for sony and the original spiderman movie making all that money we probably wouldnt have all this marvel spam.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    If it wasnt for sony and the original spiderman movie making all that money we probably wouldnt have all this marvel spam.
    the original spider-man movies had sam raimi backing them who is extremely talented, and as soon as sony stuck their fingers in with their corporate greed we got spider-man 3.

sonys film division is on the chopping block, sony as a whole outside of their gaming division is bleeding money. ever since the hack the people at the top have been considering shutting it down/selling it off entirely.

this is why sony has been rebooting, remaking, and trying to franchise/cinematic universe every thing they can.

spider-man didnt work so they tried to make a cinematic universe with ghostbusters, that didnt work so they tried to make a cinematic universe out of dark tower, that didnt work so now its men in black and spider-man villains.

if those dont work sony is probably fucked.

in a couple years we will likely see disney buy out sonys film division and see sony shift to a gaming only company

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    dude looks a little small to be a good Brock to me.
    brady has starred in two of some of my favorite movies of all time.

legends and mad max fury road.

he can pull off action scenes
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

7+ Year Old Account
    the original spider-man movies had sam raimi backing them who is extremely talented, and as soon as sony stuck their fingers in with their corporate greed we got spider-man 3.

sonys film division is on the chopping block, sony as a whole outside of their gaming division is bleeding money. ever since the hack the people at the top have been considering shutting it down/selling it off entirely.

this is why sony has been rebooting, remaking, and trying to franchise/cinematic universe every thing they can.

spider-man didnt work so they tried to make a cinematic universe with ghostbusters, that didnt work so they tried to make a cinematic universe out of dark tower, that didnt work so now its men in black and spider-man villains.

if those dont work sony is probably fucked.

in a couple years we will likely see disney buy out sonys film division and see sony shift to a gaming only company

- - - Updated - - -

brady has starred in two of some of my favorite movies of all time.

legends and mad max fury road.

he can pull off action scenes
    i'm not sure we wan't some one who can pull off action scenes. theirs no way i could seem them doing a venom movie well without it being a crap ton of cji and being bloody and gory. id expect to have just a huge guy to look like broke then not need much of him in any real venom scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    i'm not sure we wan't some one who can pull off action scenes. theirs no way i could seem them doing a venom movie well without it being a crap ton of cji and being bloody and gory. id expect to have just a huge guy to look like broke then not need much of him in any real venom scenes.
    the thing is, you take spider-man out of the equation and venom goes from an interesting character to just an edgy guy with a cool costume.

the only other interesting takes on venom imo is the flash versions where venom actually starts to get over its love of peter parker

legends and mad max fury road. he can pull off action scenes
    Ya...add "Warrior" to those..he was a beast in that movie.

7+ Year Old Account
    the thing is, you take spider-man out of the equation and venom goes from an interesting character to just an edgy guy with a cool costume.

the only other interesting takes on venom imo is the flash versions where venom actually starts to get over its love of peter parker
    i would agree that venom gets alot better when hes doing his own thing and not focusing on peter. i really don't know what to expect from a venom movie without peter though so maybe it will be good maybe not.

A perfect score strongly suggests critics are afraid of saying anything negative.
    We'll probably see the near-zero foreign box office as no one from people I know would ever see a movie about blacks, superheroes or not.