Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm sorry what now? I've done the bulk of my leveling being hauled through dungeons, it's waaay fatser. .__.

Granted, it's being boosted by a max level, but still. The exp from completion bonuses is pretty good...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    It takes like 7-10 hours longer to level to max level.. it's not the end of the world.
    You realize a full time job is 8 hours a day right

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    You realize a full time job is 8 hours a day right
    I do; I have one. Does it make a difference if you hit max level today or tomorrow? Probably not. If it bothers people that much they should just buy a boost. If you have a full time job and aren't a bum it costs like two hours of work vs 40 hours of leveling. I don't know about you but the time investment of leveling vs buying a boost is an easy choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrallinor View Post
    I don't care about the XP or rewards, just to get this clear, but what do you mean with "buggy and dissapointing"?
    They mean they can't just run forward aoe everything and have it cleared in 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    Stop doing dungeons for real, the fastest way to level currently is to have a friend just run you through them.
    This, For real.. Im leveling my boyfriend so he can get his heritage armor and with me running him on dungeons that only have quests is going quite fast.

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    Stop doing dungeons for real, the fastest way to level currently is to have a friend just run you through them.

Dead mines 10-35.

Zul'Farrak 35-60.

This is where you have options.

Ramparts is too fast a clear and you'll probably hit instance limit too fast, but you have to do it at least until 63. This is when you go do underbog/slavepens. You can do this till 65 and then you go Shadow Labyrinth. The goal here is to make it to 67 so you can zone into halls of lightning.

The "60-67" area is one we're still working on. It's the worst of them all.

Anyway.

Halls of lightning 67-80.

Either blackrock caverns or stonecore to 84. You can do blackrock caverns to 82 and then stonecore to 84 if you want.

At this point you go to grim batol. Grim batol is perfect all the way to 90, the runs take the correct amount of time to where you won't hit the instance limit and the xp is insane.

Once at 90 we did slagmines to 100. We tried every WoD Dungeon and mines was by far the best, you can jump in the lava at the end for a quick exit.

From 100-110 you AFK argus invasion points. You need the engineering toy, val is the best one to afk. It's about 25 minutes per level all the way to 110. Just afk/group hop.

This entire thing is absurdly fast and it's the only quick way to level now.

You can actually do invasion points from level 10-110 if you want but it's not very fun.
    Stay in deadmines until 37 then move to live side Stratholme that has a lot of bonus bosses, way better than zul farrak all the way to 61.

The rest you said i guess is fine but too much instance moving. I did:

Blood furnace 61-80
    Vortex Pinnacle 80-90
    Bloodmaul slagmines 92-100 (2 levels from campaign and grab garrison exp potion)
    100-110 broken isles invasions. (1.5 level per)

Dungeons only take 3x as long if you’re bad at the game. My groups, in quest gear, still pull multiple trash packs, pull trash into the boss, and use stuns and interrupts to lock it down while we AOE our way to victory and clear dungeons in 15min.

If you wanna be an uncoordinated, can’t find my interrupt, cant find my stun, cant prioritise the right target, can’t move mobs into melee to be cleaved, can’t blow CDs on big trash type of player you don’t deserve a fast dungeon.

Get better and the reward is speed. The days of mouth breathing your way to max level toons is over, or at least nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    Stay in deadmines until 37 then move to live side Stratholme that has a lot of bonus bosses, way better than zul farrak all the way to 61.

The rest you said i guess is fine but too much instance moving. I did:

Blood furnace 61-80
    Vortex Pinnacle 80-90
    Bloodmaul slagmines 92-100 (2 levels from campaign and grab garrison exp potion)
    100-110 broken isles invasions. (1.5 level per)

We didstrat it's signicantly slower than zul'farrak. The reason zul'farrak is better is because the people being ran through can stay mounted, you can use bear Tartare and you're always killing something.

It was a few extra minutes per level in strat.

Blood furnace also too fast per run and you'll hit the instance limit pretty quick. And I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with halls of lightning because the xp is absurd. I'm talking 2x faster than any other dungeon.

Broken isle invasions are also a lot worse than argus invasions. You can sit in the same argus invasion afking and you can group hop the same invasion over and over again.

It's like 25 mins per level all the way to 110.
    Last edited by asil; 2018-02-07 at 07:43 PM.

I'll take dungeons not being brainless pushovers, thanks.

If it's made for 5-man groups, it should feel as though every member of the party is needed.

Deleted
    OP obviously has no clue of what the "old" dungeons would really be...

I don't care about the XP or rewards, just to get this clear, but what do you mean with "buggy and dissapointing"?
    Boss lives long enough to use a special ability --> dumb people die --> "waaah this is not fun, it must be a bug!"

Personally I love it. I feel immense satisfaction every time I see an arrogant idiot getting killed by boss mechanics or overpulling in a leveling dungeon. They are bad and they deserve to feel bad, and to have it rubbed in their faces with brass knuckles a thousand times over.

They replaced a 5-man dungeon experience that was arguably unengaging and replaced it with a dungeon experience in which a 110 boosts you through a dungeon. How this helped immersion is beyond me.

I've quested up to 62 and that is when I called it quits. It became impossibly grindy and boring when quests give 12k experience and the requirement to level up stood at 280k. That is literally 20 quests which are by no means easily completable, especially not when it comes to old content in which everything revolves around killing 10, 12, 15 or 20 of something.

After this I paid 10k gold and got to level 80 within 4 sessions of 30 minutes each.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Boss lives long enough to use a special ability --> dumb people die --> "waaah this is not fun, it must be a bug!"
    Oh he means the "oww fire hurts" bug?
    Yesterday I was in Scarlet Halls, everything was okay until we came to Armsmaster Harlan... The tank and two dps stood in his ravager/bladestorm and blamed me bc they died - 2 times

Deleted
    Oh he means the "oww fire hurts" bug?
    Yesterday I was in Scarlet Halls, everything was okay until we came to Armsmaster Harlan... The tank and two dps stood in his ravager/bladestorm and blamed me bc they died - 2 times
    Oh yes, I love that boss. Especially when the dumbass heirloom panda monk charges to pull without even bothering to check if everyone is inside the room.

Second attempt, and the crap-for-brains panda tank and 2 others die again. My pet had to tank the last 40% or so, and I had to run up and down along the stairs kiting him. After that the tank tried to get me kicked from the group for telling him that he should wait for others before pulling, especially when a fresh replacement was still on his way to join us. The group eventually got so pissed that they kicked him instead.

We need more bosses like Harlan to teach idiots their place.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2018-02-09 at 07:28 PM.

I thought this was a thread about getting back the real old dungeons

I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR SUNKEN TEMPLE BLIZZARD!
    NEVER!

Quote Originally Posted by RquesT View Post
    I dont think that im the only one thinks that while leveling questing is just fun when you are doing them for the first time not for the 9th time. and dungeons was good fast and rewarding now with the new update they are just not worth it or when u do them they are buggy and dissapointing the new leveling system is such a mess in my opinion. First of all they need to fix the buggs at low level dungeons and maybe buff the xp reward so they can feel worth. i like that they are harder but its pointless if its not rewarding like that. but right now it just feels like a damn useless mess.
    You are running old dungeons now, not the faceroll joke they became. Maybe now people might actually understand how to passably play their class when they hit 110.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    They replaced a 5-man dungeon experience that was arguably unengaging and replaced it with a dungeon experience in which a 110 boosts you through a dungeon. How this helped immersion is beyond me.
    Who the hell even does that? I tell boost beggars to basically go f*ck themselves for even having the insolence to ask for such a thing. Sure, I can help someone if some old raid achievement requires special mechanics, but people who are too plain lazy to even level their own character deserve to be shamed and insulted endlessly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    You are running old dungeons now, not the faceroll joke they became.
    They are still a far cry from the "true" old dungeons, but compared to the retarded chain pull fest they are a big improvement.

Maybe now people might actually understand how to passably play their class when they hit 110.
    I wouldn't count on that when it comes to those rushers and ninja pullers, who are essentially worthless waste both as players and as people, but at least we get the satisfaction of seeing them die more often.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    I thought this was a thread about getting back the real old dungeons

I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR SUNKEN TEMPLE BLIZZARD!
    NEVER!
    Lol, glad I'm not the only one. Old deadmines RIP ;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Lol, glad I'm not the only one. Old deadmines RIP ;_;
    Old BRD, old Stratholme... so many epic experiences of which newer players have no idea about.

They could have used a few trash vendor/repair NPCs along the way though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Who the hell even does that? I tell boost beggars to basically go f*ck themselves for even having the insolence to ask for such a thing. Sure, I can help someone if some old raid achievement requires special mechanics, but people who are too plain lazy to even level their own character deserve to be shamed and insulted endlessly.
    Everyone does it. Guildies for free, uknown people for gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Everyone does it. Guildies for free, uknown people for gold.
    Not "everyone" does it, not even close.

If you want to level fast the easiest way by far is to just buy a boost. Instantly 110, not waiting. If you know how to work the AH you can do it on 1 character a week.