Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I really hope not, but probly.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, given they had to do major reworks to several specs mid expansion... Legion was the last time they rushed something... Clearly they didn't spend enough time on them if they had to undergo major changes mid expansion.
    We seem to have a different definition on what a 'major rework' is. There was definitely fine tuning, but nothing so dramatic as to make any of the classes really feel rushed. I might make a slight exception in the case of survival hunters, but let's be honest... the idea was flawed from the start, and really shouldn't continue to exist as it is anyways.

I mean are you talking about changes like protection warriors having a weaker ignore pain, and revenge becoming their rage dump instead of heroic strike (or whatever it was called)? That really didn't feel like a 'major' change to me, just numbers tuning, and changing their damage rage dump -- which isn't often used for that purpose, as far as I can tell -- to something else.

I'm just not seeing it like you are, not even remotely.

I somehow agree with you. We all know they started working on it during Legion (or even before that) but there's no much time left before release and they have a lot of work to do on making specs fun to play again.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Thread #1: Blizzard takes too long to release expansions. OMG the drought, FML.

Thread #2: Is Blizzard rushing BFA? How dare they try to release it quickly.

...MMO-C in a nutshell.
    It's almost like those two hypothetical threads were created by two different people :O

But yeah the stark contrast gets annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I mean are you talking about changes like protection warriors having a weaker ignore pain, and revenge becoming their rage dump instead of heroic strike
    No... I'm talking about the major (yes, major) changes they made to, for example, Sub Rogues in 7.2.5, and Feral Druids in 7.3.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosua View Post
    I think you need to recheck what a linear graph looks like compared to exponential.
    No, i'm quite aware what they look like. Which is why i'm saying it would be worse with linear.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    It's almost like those two hypothetical threads were created by two different people :O

But yeah the stark contrast gets annoying.
    My post was to indicate that no matter what Blizzard does, they will never please everyone.

I'm glad that it seems they stopped trying.

Deleted
    Theres another 7 months of development time still. I don't see how that list is unnatainable.

Besides, the squish is already in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how everyone seems to know how BfA is going to turn out before it's even released. You must have some awesome inside sources? Can we wait for it to be released before you mindlessly bash it. If you are concerned you shoudlnt be. Considering how awesome Legion has been I think we should at least be optimistic, unless we are still worried and burned from WoD. :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I am sorry but what is there to test exacly? Allied races and PvP changes?

This expansion has got 0 new content (by new i mean totally new technically), there is nothing to test, so the work pace is going much faster. Warfronts, Islands are just invasions or scenarios just named different, they already did stat squish so they know what they doing, Azerite is just AP so what to test there?

There are no new skills, new talents nothing. Only thing that seriously needs some testing is balance of the talents transfered from artefacts...

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Theres another 7 months of development time still. I don't see how that list is unnatainable.

Besides, the squish is already in.
    Given the item values the DBs report compared to what's seen in screenshots, i'm wondering if the squish is actually interface only.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty standard beta timeline. Most betas have been like 4-6 month range.

They've also increased the size of the WoW team, and have been outsourcing more art tasks, which was always a bottleneck in their production pipeline.

Its not that they are rushing it, They just dont really know what to do with the game anymore. Its plagued by bad decisions and bad game mechanics. They need all new blood to breath some life back into this game .
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

If it's coming along well, they're rushing. If they take their time, they're lazy. Fuckin' gamer kids.

Having looked at a few of the youtube alpha videos there were a couple of comments/observations relevant to this thread - i) the two playable zones were relatively bug free and not far from being finished ii) the squish is huge (lvl 110s had 12-14k health in ilvl 870 gear) and iii) a few of the classes (eg ww monk) played better than expected. Seems like the levelling content will be ready for beta soon enough. In terms of content my experience with legion was very good. In terms of classes, a number of classes were not that fun to play and some classes/specs were sad - in terms of time needed I hope they have plenty of time to iterate class design and that they are more open to feedback... in my opinion the biggest weakness of the last 2 expansions has been class design.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    My post was to indicate that no matter what Blizzard does, they will never please everyone.

I'm glad that it seems they stopped trying.
    Fair enough, and I am glad too. Was just poking fun.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I think the event on Argus bought them some time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Probably, yes. They did the same with Legion though. That expansion is the least polished one since TBC.
    Gone are the days of: It's done when it's done.
    yeah, cause the playerbase is patient and willing to wait. why isnt classic done already?!?!?!? /s

7+ Year Old Account
    That was server capacity issues, not bugs.
    the garrison thing was a bug, not a server capacity issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

No, that seems very unlikely.
    They said this over and over on all their blizzard games. The build they work on is much much ahead of what they release in public, months even.

Classes are in a very bad state.

I can't see why they decided not to do a lot of class changes when it is necessary.