Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by idototems View Post
    Has Jaina ever pledge alligence to the Alliance? All I can remember is that she agreed to help them. But never fully pledged herself.

I have no problem with the fact that Jaina refused to work with the Horde, even tho it ment she wouldn't help against the legion. No hard feelings from the alliance at all
    Yeah, pretty much this. She had always tried to remain neutral and help both sides.

In the end, once she started to hate the horde, she never ended up pledging entirely to the Alliance, she just stayed in Dalaran as part of the Kirin Tor.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    uhhh when did she break the neutrality causing her city to be nuked?
    do you even fucking know the order of what happened?
    and yeah the horde uses her neutral city so she makes it no longer neutral.
    She allowed Alliance reinforcements through her city to build a road all the way to mulgore.

That would look like a very hostile action to any nation at war which the Horde and Alliance was at the time.

The bombing took place at the end of Cata if you remember.

Anyway it doesnt matter now cause she has just put herself very high on the Horde hit list now and i will take great joy if blizz ever lets me have the satisfaction.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-02-10 at 09:14 AM.

Deleted
    How do you know Jaina did nothing to fight for Azeroth? Just because characters don't get screentime don't mean they do nothing....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporebat View Post
    She allowed Alliance reinforcements through her city to build a road all the way to mulgore.

That would look like a very hostile action to any nation at war which the Horde and Alliance was at the time.

The bombing took place at the end of Cata if you remember.
    theramor was part of the alliance, yes it was her city, but it was alliance, dalaran was neutral, not theramore.
    also she let the horde do many things, so is she a threat to the alliance?
    she gave personal funds to baine to help him retake his city.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

theramor was part of the alliance, yes it was her city, but it was alliance, dalaran was neutral, not theramore.
    also she let the horde do many things, so is she a threat to the alliance?
    she gave personal funds to baine to help him retake his city.
    She said Dalaran was neutral but allowed her mages to help the nelfs hide the divine bell and imo thats giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Surely the nelfs couldve taken care of it without dalarans help but she chose to intercede and imo she broke neutrality but we have had pages and pages of threads about this.

She helped baine back when she still believed in neutrality and she shouldve told varian to fuck off when he wanted his troops to use her port as a staging area to build up and to launch an attack on Mulgore.

Deleted
    The last likeable character/leaders Blizzard had died in Legion for shockvalue(Tirion) but to fair I dont out right hate the other characters/leaders but Blizzard has done their hardest to make them all unlikable to the utmost most of the time by either lazy writing or boring tropes and sometimes both. The thing is I have no real love for Jaina but why exactly are people still mad over her being mad that the horde nuked her city? If we go back to when she was a good character aka in warcraft 3 actually helped the horde fight her own father which ended him diying there is a reason why Thereamore was allowed to be so close to the other horde cities. Not sure what I would have done if I had sacrificed my own father for the greater good then having all the people I was in charge of getting nuked to kingdom come and now people just want things to be as they were?

7+ Year Old Account
    She said Dalaran was neutral but allowed her mages to help the nelfs hide the divine bell and imo thats giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Surely the nelfs couldve taken care of it without dalarans help but she chose to intercede and imo she broke neutrality but we have had pages and pages of threads about this.

She helped baine back when she still believed in neutrality and she shouldve told varian to fuck off when he wanted his troops to use her port as a staging area to build up and to launch an attack on Mulgore.
    i give up...
    you know what talent tree the sporebat had? well you have none of that...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Yeah, you do know, that by the in-game timeline, it's only been 3 years (each expansion has lasted roughly a year in lore)... 3 years is not that long for something like that...
    I thought it was more? I mean there are occasional time skips between expansions, especially since Anduin has aged like 12 years in wow's history.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, helping Baine is neutral but helping her own faction is wrong? Lol.

And what could she say "Sorry king of alliance, but I don't want you using an alliance port to help aid the Night Elves who's land is being invaded and who are being slaughtered, meanwhile their returned leader is ignoring their plight to play buddies with those same orcs on mount hyjal?"
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

i give up...
    you know what talent tree the sporebat had? well you have none of that...
    Fuck rogues and warlocks up the ass LOL

But seriously dont take it seriously

Probably went too clickbaity on the title. My issue's with Jaina are more that she's not lining up with my expectations of her character. Just because I want her to be less ragey, doesnt mean she shouldnt be fighting against the horde. I just want more from her. Wanna know where she's been this whole time. The 5.1 stuff might not have been as bad as I think, assuming she didn't murder a bunch of innocents in a blind fit of rage. If she did, I'd like that to be brought up as a character building moment Just stuff to make her feel more well rounded. I just thought her transition was strange, but i guess it makes some sense.

She's not even my least favorite character. Those would be Tyrande and Malfurion. Tbh tho, im kind of a big fan of Sylvanas. But I expected her moral greyness unlike Jaina, who I expected to be a slow burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Actions in 5.1? Are you refering to how she punished those that betrayed her? Yeah, how dare she actually take actions against people who betaryed her. She should be ashamed of herself.
    And it turned out she was right about the Horde in Legion, soon as the Demons are defeated, those untrustworthy savages attack the Alliance. Besides, the Horde was barely present on Argus, we didn't really need their help to defeat them at the end of the day. We owe her an apology.
    I don't know what faction you play, but it sounds to me like you are another Horde fanboy who is only upset about Jaina because she hates your faction, and nothing else. Ignoring actual facts as to why she is the way she is.
    Jaina is one of my favorite characters, and I hope to see more of her in the future.
    She took her hatred out on an entire people for what one, maybe two Sunreavers did.

If Jaina gave a shit about anything, it would have been trying to keep the peace in Dalaran. What she did was an excuse to make her seem fed up with the Horde.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post

Wait, helping Baine is neutral but helping her own faction is wrong? Lol.

And what could she say "Sorry king of alliance, but I don't want you using an alliance port to help aid the Night Elves who's land is being invaded and who are being slaughtered, meanwhile their returned leader is ignoring their plight to play buddies with those same orcs on mount hyjal?"
    This was in the books so i never take that shit canon but this was when magatha attacked and Garrosh was still trying out his new chair. Then the war exploded and all bets was off suddenly old alliances and treaties went out of the window and if someone is seen as helping the enemy then they become a legitimate target imo.

I love that people can actually try and use this as justification.

We have 3 countries, lets pull them out of a hat. America, China and Australia. China and America are at war with eachother and Australia is the neutral, Australia houses embassies and bases for both China and America. China discovers a superweapon and goes to Australia to request help in securing it away so it cannot be used. Australia complies.

America discovers that China now houses a super weapon and wants it for themselves so they can use it against China. They then proceed to go through Australia and infiltrate China using Australian resources and trade routes without even asking Australia for permission, even going so far as to bully Australian people into keeping quiet. Australia gets angry and exiles America from Australian soil and Americans call foul.

Is Australia some great villain for exiling sneaky greedy americans who went behind their back instead of asking permission?

Is Australia now outright evil for exiling and banning Americans from entering Australia?

This was in the books so i never take that shit canon but this was when magatha attacked and Garrosh was still trying out his new chair. Then the war exploded and all bets was off suddenly old alliances and treaties went out of the window and if someone is seen as helping the enemy then they become a legitimate target imo.
    Theramore was a legitimate war target. A mana bomb was not a legitimate weapon.

And even though it's a legitimate target, we can still want vengance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosalynda View Post
    I love that people can actually try and use this as justification.

We have 3 countries, lets pull them out of a hat. America, China and Australia. China and America are at war with eachother and Australia is the neutral, Australia houses embassies and bases for both China and America. China discovers a superweapon and goes to Australia to request help in securing it away so it cannot be used. Australia complies.

America discovers that China now houses a super weapon and wants it for themselves so they can use it against China. They then proceed to go through Australia and infiltrate China using Australian resources and trade routes without even asking Australia for permission, even going so far as to bully Australian people into keeping quiet. Australia gets angry and exiles America from Australian soil and Americans call foul.

Is Australia some great villain for exiling sneaky greedy americans who went behind their back instead of asking permission?

Is Australia now outright evil for exiling and banning Americans from entering Australia?
    Dalaran has never been close to the Horde and there entry was only allowed cause of Belfs if that never happened then Dalaran wouldve been on the side against the Horde but the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

There is no way Austrailia would side with China in any way shape or form just like there is no way Dalaran would ever side with the Horde cause nearly all the council is humans and a few belfs and Helfs.

Dalaran shouldve stayed out of it i mean after all the weapon was in TELDRASSIL NOT DALARAN so your comment loses steam.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Theramore was a legitimate war target. A mana bomb was not a legitimate weapon.
    Neither was a nuclear weapon but we make do with what we have dont we. Also we have classes that suck the fucking souls out of people and that is ok?

Anyway i stand by what i have said and if blizz makes Jaina a boss then i will take great pleasure dispatching her and sending her to hell where her Boyfriend lives.

See you on the battlefield y'all
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-02-10 at 09:40 AM.

Dalaran has never been close to the Horde and there entry was only allowed cause of Belfs if that never happened then Dalaran wouldve been on the side against the Horde but the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

There is no way Austrailia would side with China in any way shape or form just like there is no way Dalaran would ever side with the Horde cause nearly all the council is humans and a few belfs and Helfs.

- - - Updated - - -

Neither was a nuclear weapon but we make do with what we have dont we.
    And we don't fire nukes anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol blind rage, you may want to read up on her history a bit instead of jumping on the bandwagon.

Hate her?
    Naw, love her!

Jaina is probably one of the most convincing characters in the Alliance/Horde conflict, because she's one of the few with a legitimate reason to be as upset and angry as she is. Instead of hovering between "truce while we kill something evil" and "murder them all", she consistently tried to be the good guy and got shit on again and again and again. WoW is typically terrible at character development of any kind, but Jaina is a cool exception. Even better, her dummy spit over the Kirin Tor in Legion was a concise and impactful consequence for her philosophy & actions, something that's rarely seen in the game. It's the kind of thing that you'd expect to happen with characters like Sylvanas, where their ideology and actions should be creating some interesting conflicts and scenarios, but it rarely actually pans out. Partly because the game format makes it difficult, and partly because they just don't have the guts to follow through.

I don't want or expect anything in particular to happen to her, either. Maybe she wins, maybe she loses, maybe she lives, maybe she dies. I don't really have a strong leaning either way. But when examining where she is now, how she got there, and what her motivations are, she's one of the most compelling characters that the game has left.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2018-02-10 at 09:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina's had a rough time, it would make anyone go a little nuts. I do hope we see her pull out of her descent into darkness though.

(Jaina for Avatar of Azeroth)