Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    First of all, it is really hard to rank these expansion using overall criteria. Each of them has their own advantages and disadvantages. Even my worst expansion has something good which my top 1 doesnt. But lets try.
    1) MoP
    2) Legion
    3) Wrath
    4) Cata
    5) WoD
    Unfortunately did not play BC and Vanilla.
    Last edited by mmoca48d740bf3; 2018-02-10 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyero View Post
    Don't forget that there are also people who hate it because "pandaren exists"
    I rate MoP high because, for me as a raider, it had the best raid encounters and the best class balance. Pandas and shitty legendary items ...sure I get why people hated them but for actual quality of what matters MoP was great. Same with WotLK, yeah Naxx was "rehashed" and some of the shit that went down was stupid... but the raiding and class balance in WotLK was very good, let's not forget that Ulduar and ICC still are among the best 3-5 raid instances of all time for almost every single long time player of this game.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

1) Tie between WotLK, MoP, and Legion
    2) Tie between TBC and Cataclysm
    3) Being punched in the face
    4) WoD

Deleted
    1) Wrath
    2) BC
    3) Mists
    4) Legion
    5) Cata
    6) Warlords

If I were to add vanilla in there, it'd probably be between Legion and Cata. The game had an incredible feel of wonder during vanilla, something that hasn't really been matched in the game since then, but it was frustrating and frankly the game has seen significant improvements over the years (and some mistakes were made too).

First of all played since beta, but had breaks from firelands (cata) -> thunderthrone (mop) and from siege of org (mop) -> 6.1 (wod) 6.1->6.2 (wod) And would say because it was new and we raided alot and did alot of world stuff vanilla holds the best memories for me but I do not consider it an expansion either. but if it were to be rated it would always be number one.

1) TBC (raided for the entire thing and had the same guild, so that probably means alot compared to the zones and the world actually not beeing that great)
    2) Cata (the rework of the vanilla world meant it felt like a less static world for a while, and the hard dungeons was a throwback aswell, but it was a clear fail when raids were easier than heroic dungeons. Also the archeologist proffession was promising but ended up beeing over the top frustrating, had a friend who first maxed it out, then frustrated not getting the troll two-hander made a dwarf leveled to max and then maxed it again and still did not get it after 100+ hours and then he quit the game, but the storyline with Garrosh and the A vs. H conflict lighting up was great, and still now the old world zones have some of the best story quest zones).
    3) Wrath (Great expansion, but people forget how it was in the middle of it, with grinding for all kinds of tokens to upgrade and then grinding new tokens upgrading and so forth, Ulduar was great the wrath gate instancing was brilliant, but it was a grindfest aswell, this is often forgotten in rememberence)
    4) MoP (I never got that involved with the storyline because i was not there from the start, but it was enjoyable, the scenarios were fun and the world had things you could do, and having the central hub in the middle of a map is just better than having it in each end (like wod))
    5) Legion (Felt alot like diablo, no matter what you did got a little better stats either from AP or other things, and this was the positive thing about it, and it made you go into the world. But the rng of items and especially relics for weapons was just a unneeded annoyance (the bad side of diablo). Otherwise it was very streamlined, the story was good, the artifact class hall stories were hit and miss. (I did them all, for all classes, Death knight was the best imo) and overall it was a pretty good expansion, and i liked how it kinda tried to explain how normal players could beat raid level legendary bosses, with our legendaries and super weapons ect. but after the fact all of that will need to be taken away for the much more ground level horde vs. alliance.)
    6) WoD (The story was silly, timetravel is always hard to do storywise. But it was also nice seeing old heroes and villains come to life. The garrisons promised alot and was fun for about 2-3 weeks, but besides tanaan jungle the world was dead and static and very big. It was a proving ground for blizzard and they learned alot for legion).

It is hard to say one expansion is better than the last, they all had their good and bad sides. one some levels i would put legion in the top and same with mop, but on others they had issues. It is also personal and depends on how long you played what you enjoy and your memories of the past often shines above the current expansion that is legion. But the past can also sour a personal experince. As an example, in MoP i did the green fire quest for my warlock, it was a very hard solo quest and very enjoyable, but come wod with me having taken a break from end mop to start wod I never got the title, and the GM's told me that they only store data for a short time and they could not see i had done it in MoP which meant no title. And while i can tell myself it is just a title and move on it does sour my experience of those two expansions, especially since it seemed so stupid in a game that have achivements that go almost 10 years back that they never thought to keep the info for such a thing. But i digress, for my friend who quit because of the archeology system he will always rate cata as his worst expansion, for others it was guilds ending or internal disputes. It might be fun to rate them for others to read, but there is no "correct list".
    Last edited by Vesoha; 2018-02-10 at 05:59 PM.

1 - BC
    2 - WotLK
    3 - Legion
    4 - MoP
    5 - Cata
    6 - Vanilla (I'm not blinded by my nostalgia)
    7 - WoD

1. MoP
    2. Legion
    3. Cata
    4. Classic
    5. WoD
    6. Wrath
    7. BC

Deleted
    1. MoP
    2. Cata
    3. Wotlk
    3. TBC
    5. Legion
    6. aids/cancer/all the bad things ever
    7. WoD

10+ Year Old Account
    WotLK
    TBC
    MoP
    Legion=Cata (they both had the same problem, lackluster class design)
    WoD
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-02-10 at 06:10 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    1) MoP
    2) Legion
    3) Cataclysm
    4) WotLK
    5) Vanilla
    6) WoD
    7) Nightmare i wish to forget already
    Space magic.

1.TBC
    2.WoD
    3.MoP
    4.Legion
    5.Cataclysm
    6.Vanilla
    7.Wrath

1. TBC
    2. Vanilla
    3. Legion
    4. WotLK
    5+. who cares

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    1 - Legion
    2 - MoP
    3 - WOTLK
    4 - TBC
    5 - Cata
    6 - WOD

Deleted
    surprised how many people said legion, i would like to add when people rank to also state honestly when they started playing the game so ill start
    1)tbc
    2)wrath
    3)mop
    4)cata
    5)legion
    6)wod
    started playing during tbc

1. TBC
    2. Vanilla
    3. WotLK
    4. MoP
    5. Legion
    6. Cata
    7. WoD

TBC and Vanilla for me are very exchangeable for me. Vanilla had the magic and TBC had the polish but at the core they were pretty much the same game. A good base game with what a good expansion to it should be.

WotLK is pretty clearly below those 2 for me but was still had the spirit of WoW. Towards its end though I could feel the magic starting to fade for me though. The game started to feel different.

The whole MoP and Legion ordering is all very exchangeable for me as well. They had things l liked over the other. They had things I hated over the other. I think quality of content was higher in MoP but it was to far and between and Legion really delivered on the quantity but the quality slipped a bit.

Cata is Cata for me and it would be the bottom if it wasn't for..

Yeah.. WoD.. it totally sucked asshole.

1. Legion
    2. Wrath
    3. Cata
    4. MoP
    5. TBC
    6. WoD
    7. Vanilla

somehow i suspect that BfA will become my new 1 by this time next year

7+ Year Old Account
    1)The Burning Crusade
    2)Wrath of the Lich King
    3)Vanilla
    4)MoP
    5)WoD
    6)Legion
    7)Cata

For the most part I’ve enjoyed them all except Cata.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Started playing December '04

Classic = GOAT

As for expansions, it goes like this:

1. TBC
    2. WOTLK
    3. MOP
    4. LEGION
    5. CATA
    6. WOD

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Wrath had some great advancements for sure but from a PvE standpoint is probably the weak expo. The dungeons were lack luster (ICC ones some what made up for this but at that stage you out geared them by a huge margin). The first tier was probably one of the weakest tiers in raiding, the 3rd tier (toc) was possibly the weak raiding tier. ICC felt meh for a lot of people with only the Lich King giving a really great fight. Ulduar is a classic raid for sure but that's 1 out of 4.

The game advanced a lot but if your main interest was PvE it was probably the weakest expo honestly. WoD sucked for sure but it's raiding was at least fairly solid.
    WOTLK was the best expansion ever precisely because it fixed pretty much every longstanding issue with PVE (but in particular strove to make every class and spec competitive in raids), had 2 of the best raids of all time, and introduced hard modes, multiple size raids, dungeon finder, phasing, etc. etc.

Yeah Naxxramas was a failure but apart from that WOTLK was basically when WoW grew up.

1. WOTLK
    2. Legion
    3. MOP
    4. Cataclysm
    5. WoD
    6. The Burning Crusade

Burning Crusade comes last for 2 huge reasons: Attunements, which prevented the vast majority of the player base from seeing most of the content, and class balance, where raids were designed around only 1 tanking class and many specs were just completely useless in PVE content.

1. WOTLK

2. MOP

3. Legion

4. Cata

5. TBC

6. WOD