Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Why would one be hyped anyway.. The cinematic was very well done but that was about it. It's gonna be another filler expac like WoD.
    Without spoiling to much, the quests that I've seen people do and the storylines involved are a very heavy step up from blizzards usual tone, it's alot more mature and even darker in nature, and the story follows the zones.

The minute detail they've put in so far outshines WoD by miles, and FINALLY the mission table is being put to the grave.

This is the same bullshit every expansion gets, but from what I've seen and what I know of Blizzard this might be one of the best, it's a fresh start for Warcraft after all, now all the big bads from the RTS games are dealt with and done with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    The downside was MoP having Pandas... that was really it.

However, consider WoD and Cata being the worst. There's a pattern that Blizz MUST avoid in BfA - the filler expansion curse.

BC < WotLK
    Cata < MoP
    WoD < Legion
    BfA ? xxx

True, BC was decent, but it wasn't Wrath, and it will continue to fall away in time.

As the record stands now given the past development pattern, BfA could be a flop. And in retrospect, WoD and Cata were easily good times to unsub - not a lot would have been missed.

Three Best:
    Legion
    Wrath
    MoP

Three Worst:
    BC
    Cata
    WoD
    I fully agree with this, they could just have bad luck every other expac hahaha?! idk

bfa honestly looks like a new low for wow and its good that more and more people are waking up to it. everything is low-effort and designed for maximum re-use of what we already have in the game, the lore, the subraces, the warfronts, etc.

the gameplay is also barely being touched which is a bad sign. wow needs to be progressing. there should be a ton of new features and exciting changes to look forward to at this point but there arent. bfa looks like they are putting it on life support while everyone who knows what theyre doing is drafted to fill overwatch loot boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Who the fuck cares?
    Sounds like you need to get out more if the existence of this thread bothers you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    The downside was MoP having Pandas... that was really it.

However, consider WoD and Cata being the worst. There's a pattern that Blizz MUST avoid in BfA - the filler expansion curse.

BC < WotLK
    Cata < MoP
    WoD < Legion
    BfA ? xxx

True, BC was decent, but it wasn't Wrath, and it will continue to fall away in time.

As the record stands now given the past development pattern, BfA could be a flop. And in retrospect, WoD and Cata were easily good times to unsub - not a lot would have been missed.

Three Best:
    Legion
    Wrath
    MoP

Three Worst:
    BC
    Cata
    WoD
    Impossible to tell if BFA will break the cycle or not. Cataclysm and WoD were disdained largely because of the perception of rushed/cut content. I think BFA at least had on it’s side that’s future development is so unclear, we won’t even realize if something is cut

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    bfa honestly looks like a new low for wow and its good that more and more people are waking up to it. everything is low-effort and designed for maximum re-use of what we already have in the game, the lore, the subraces, the warfronts, etc.

the gameplay is also barely being touched which is a bad sign. wow needs to be progressing. there should be a ton of new features and exciting changes to look forward to at this point but there arent. bfa looks like they are putting it on life support while everyone who knows what theyre doing is drafted to fill overwatch loot boxes.
    What's annoying is WoW and the Warcraft franchises have never felt like the mainstream through the years. Yet WoW itself has been Blizz life support.

There would be no Overwatch or Hearthstone or HotS without WoW.

I remember the push for Diablo to be great... for Starcraft to be great again... neither happened. HotS is directly competing with LoL and requires huge resources to stay afloat. They got lucky with Hearthstone.

And don't even get me started on Overwatch. Don't get me wtong, Overwatch and 'Pro' play is cool to watch - but half the teams are all Korean and don't in a real sense represent different cities because everything is televised in a studio in LA. The city of London literally gains nothing and their citizens don't have a chance to tickets for live matches... Which they would'n't watch anyway because there's literally noone from London on the team!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Impossible to tell if BFA will break the cycle or not. Cataclysm and WoD were disdained largely because of the perception of rushed/cut content. I think BFA at least had on it’s side that’s future development is so unclear, we won’t even realize if something is cut
    Definitely accurate.

There were grumblings even with Legion that given how Antorus was release as a whole world with new materials and long busy-work questline to unlock content that it may have been intended as an expansion. (Thinking back 3-4 years ago where Blizz was 'ready to release content and expansions faster'.) Given WoD was a 2 tier raid model it's very possible had WoD not been such a massive flop, in many ways, Legion could have shared the same fate - 2 tier raids.

I think you're right that given there's an ambiguous future in terms of what's know about WoW and what's possible... it will be a lot harder to predict where future development will be, other than what Blizz has shared.

With Cata, it was pretty much directly confirmed that both Abyssal Maw and Dragon Soul were cut, halving the tier and forcing everything into Firelands (still a strong tier on its own), also halving the bosses available in DS. (Would have been weird wearing fire armor against water bosses anyways.) With WoD, things got rewritten so many times in development that its hard to have a complete picture. Belluar ended up making a video, and confiremed with insider information that the Shattrath raid was also cancelled - which explains the huge plot holes of the Legion showing up out of nowhere and all the baddies holed up in Hellfire Citadel for somereason. (Socrethar not having a body for some reason, creation of Gorefiend - explained in an easy to miss quest, not sure how he ended up in Hellfire, etc - maybe he just rolled there idk).

What's frustrating is these cuts affect the completness and quality of the game as a whole. There's a story and direction and necessary planning for windows of time where you can introduce certain elements. You miss it and it's still a mark against that completeness and one that can't necessarily be fixed.
    Last edited by Elestia; 2018-02-10 at 09:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    I was never really hyped for BFA honestly. The systems reveal was basically "this is what we want to do in this expansion, but it's so not ready we can't actually even show you it."
    They will show more at Blizzcon

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    They will show more at Blizzcon
    Uhh, the expansion comes out before the next Blizzcon...
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewun Intent View Post
    Hello

Do you feel the same ?

I was very hyped. I was thinking about re-sub in BfA but after couple of weeks I feel emptiness.
    Cool story bro.
    No-one really cares about your emptiness. Might I suggest psychiatric help?

I dunno. I'm more excited about having new content to play with friends, rather than what the content is at the moment.

And since we know so little about the content anyway, I think that's a rather safe approach.

This is going to be the 8th expansion that has been following the same formula for the past 10 years. I'm surprised that people still can get hyped for these, I stopped getting hyped after WotLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello

Do you feel the same ?

I was very hyped. I was thinking about re-sub in BfA but after couple of weeks I feel emptiness.
    Why? Because you saw 0 content on an Alpha build?

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk by just copy pasting legions systems without the new ones bfa would be a success, essentially we have the best parts of legion, minus the worst (legiondaries) + new systems (warfronts/isle things) = bfa.

Not sure how that will equate to being worse than legion in any way, but meh.

I'm excited, I believe blizz will break the curse.

They have done so little work on it that I don't feel any kind of way about it. Take allied races away and what is left? I don't know, we'll see.

And my biggest turnoffs like extremely filthy RNG and the record smashing, greedy, and fully calculated timesinks are still there with blues confirming that they are happy with these systems. So.. Blizzard has their work cut out for them if they want my hype.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    I never had hype to begin with, sadly. We literally just saved the entire universe from the burning legion. Where do you go from there? Oh right, back to the old HvA boring played out crap.
    What do you want? Fly around in our spaceships killing planetsized titans? There is enough futuristic sci-fi games out there. Go play those instead if you want that.

7+ Year Old Account
    I feel mostly meh about the stuff we have now its new contend and that just it a new AP grind and new zones and out of the new Allied races I only find the Zandalari interesting in this wave I didnt get hyped about the the reveal mostly just "meh oh were doing this again great...."

I am not hyped, I feel like they're making bad design decisions with the game. The increased grind is ridiculous and unnecessary, and it's across the game (not just questing xp increase). Like with allied races for example...what were the developers thinking, gating a key feature of the expansion (allied races) behind reps/quest chains? If you've been playing the expansion all along then you'll likely think it's a great idea, but for any returning players it's alienating. They're not going to want to run old content next expansion to unlock key features of the current expansion, so they're going to either not buy the expansion or purchase it, become annoyed at the gating, and leave.

I never had this feeling with other expansions before, but something in my mind is telling me that this is the end of WoW for real this time.
    It's winding down for sure. Lots of hints at it with their recent game design decisions, lots of reused art assets apparent in the screenshots of zones and of course allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    I never had hype to begin with, sadly. We literally just saved the entire universe from the burning legion. Where do you go from there? Oh right, back to the old HvA boring played out crap.
    I agree. Instead the Horde and Alliance should become super BFFs and team up to save the world from all evils and unite all nations under them for a United Azeroth.

Oh wait no, that sounds awful just like Blizzard's writing for every villain they made up post MoP.

Wait for the class changes, that is usually exciting and gets me hyped. Right now I cannot be excited for what are essentially "reskins". i.e.. Hey did you ever want to play a Dranei but with tattoos-well now you can! Omg blizz, please take me money". I am sorry, I can't, I cannot force myself to get excited for cosmetic changes...

I am sure the class changes will shift my view, just wait until the changes are revealed.

New areas to play in and explore, has always been worth the price of admission, even the "bad" expansions. The key is always post launch content and pacing, which if it stays like legion, should be good i hope.