Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Unless the barber has Dominion over biology and light forging, it would make no sense for any of the allied races to be access via the barber.

Wildhammer on the other hand differ only in tattoos and feathers when compared to bronzbeard.
    So since Wildhammer have tattoos and Bronzebeard don't, giving Bronzebeard access to tattoos doesn't make sense anymore in the post-allied race era.

A Wildhammer Allied Race would give them exclusive access to the following:

• A slightly bigger model (Since WH are bigger than their Dwarven brethern)
    • Tattoos obviously
    • Exclusive hairstyles/beards that don't make sense on BB (mohawks, feathers, etc.)
    • WH Gryphon racial mount
    • Neat WH racials (stoneform doesn't make sense for WH but does for BB; DI got neat racials)
    • Shaman totems that don't look like the crest of Ironforge (wtf was that about anyway?)
    • Wildhammer voice-overs (insert red-shirt joke here)

Suggesting a barbershop solution is just comical at this point.
    Last edited by Futhark; 2017-12-19 at 01:06 PM. Reason: more reasons

No more dwarves please

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Wildhammer fit the Horde best, they’re getting no development on the Alliance.
    Twilight Highmountain says hi.

-

I absolutely agree. They should be able to become Druids and Shamans, with unique forms and totems. I would actually go further and add natural elements to their skins - think Nightmare infused Nelves but only with Green/Grey additions and well, not evil.

At least not towards Alliance. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Unless the barber has Dominion over biology and light forging, it would make no sense for any of the allied races to be access via the barber.

Wildhammer on the other hand differ only in tattoos and feathers when compared to bronzbeard.
    Well, the barber currently does, unless you're somehow okay with changing eye colour, skin colour, face shape, horn placement, horn shape, etc. etc. along with eventually a back stretcher or whatever for Orcs. So, it seems pretty arbitrary to allow that, but not making current bronzebeards into wildhammer.

But you've all entirely missed my point. What we're getting, as far as we know, is a handful of entirely cosmetic skins, some small racial bonuses, and a few story strings to tie it all together. There's already a method to push those cosmetic things to players - the barbershop. So shouldn't new races be MORE than just reskins of current models? So, if we want Wildhammer, I'd want them to be more than just things that the barbershop could do alongside a handful of mostly trivial racial bonuses. New models. New animations. That's a way better way to implement new races than what we see currently and would ram home the idea that the only way to do this is the way they've approached it. Right now I'll stand by the judgment that these are no different than cosmetic options in the barbershop no matter how many people call that retarded.
    Last edited by Lemondish; 2017-12-19 at 02:20 PM.

What? /10char

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    No more dwarves please
    More dwarves please

No more dwarves please
    I questioned them adding dark iron because i just do not see many dwarves playing wow as it is. Adding wildhammer and dark iron seems way too much.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    How awful that we won't be getting more Allied races + probably new unique races as the years go by, woe is us!!

I will be in WoW Classic so don't worry. I know I won't be worried. I'll have to make do with the mountain Dwarf race of Ironforge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixius View Post
    I will be in WoW Classic so don't worry. I know I won't be worried. I'll have to make do with the mountain Dwarf race of Ironforge.
    Ok, thanks for sharing I suppose...?

For someone intent on not touching BfA, you seemed plenty concerned though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Ok, thanks for sharing I suppose...?

For someone intent on not touching BfA, you seemed plenty concerned though.
    I'm easily baited.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixius View Post
    Have fun playing classic wow for a month before realising it's about as fun as chugging ash from an ash tray and inevitably quitting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by God-King Popo View Post
    Have fun playing classic wow for a month before realising it's about as fun as chugging ash from an ash tray and inevitably quitting.
    Heh admittedly things have gone a bit quiet about WoW Classic. I don't know if Blizzard want to develop Classic any more.

7+ Year Old Account
    I know he already ignores me after I ignored him but to put it simple. Wildhammer fits the Alliance a lot more than Horde. Get your Lore Facts Straight.

No more dwarves please
    Never say no more of same races. Besides I gladly welcome another subrace of dwarves like wildhammer, another of trolls like forest trolls, High Elves, Undead Elves, Dragonmaw Orcs, heck even the freaking taunka Tauren that some of horde players have been wanting for years to play as.
    Last edited by Hawkknight97; 2018-02-12 at 10:52 PM. Reason: forgot to add a another quote

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Well, Kul Tiras humans shouldn't look any different than your basic Human since we've seen Jaina and all of the Theramore citizens (which includes a small contingent of the Kul Tiras navy). They can make a slightly different model to show us physical differences between Bronzebeards and Wildhammers if they intend on separating the races.
    Most Kul Tirans actually use the standard human models.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    I know he already ignores me after I ignored him but to put it simple. Wildhammer fits the Alliance a lot more than Horde. Get your Lore Facts Straight.

Never say no more of same races. Besides I gladly welcome another subrace of dwarves like wildhammer, another of trolls like forest trolls, High Elves, Undead Elves, Dragonmaw Orcs, heck even the freaking taunka Tauren that some of horde players have been wanting for years to play as.
    I would love forest trolls and taunka. Somebody made a decent picture of what a female taunka could look like and the cutest little mooboi I've ever seen (c'mon Blizz, give tauren child models like these!)

Ideally I would love for all the tauren subraces to be playable (maybe for a WoW 2?). It could add to the class fantasy too. Highmountain tauren really should have had the option to be warlocks due to Bloodtotem with yaungols having the option to be mages and rogues (but not druids or paladins) due to their more chaotic neutral identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    wildhammer skin should be enabled on the creation menu for dwarfs, put the option to use tattoo and you have a wildhammer dwarf

cause there is no reason or sense to put then as allied race
    Heritage. Armour.

Although I am far from opposed to seeing Wildhammer Dwarves as an Allied Race I do not see it as particularly likely given that they already have a secondary Dwarf race.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post

The dwarf on the right is a Wildhammer Dwarf. Look at the head-tattoos and arm-tattoos.

The forsaken attacking him and his Ironforge compatriot is more like Nathanos Blightcaller than Lillian Voss.

I would suggest you expect "More Human Forsaken with Red Eyes" and Wildhammer Dwarves as Allied Races in the future.

Though either of those sides in the fighting might be the new AI mob and thus not representative of future allied races, the other side probably is.
    As much as I wish your deductions were true, I'm pretty sure that's just Kurdran, one of the "Personalities" of the slide.

I would absolutely love Wildhammer dwarves as an allied race. Their shamanistic and primitive lifestyle would add something interesting to the table, especially for the Alliance. I could see them really bonding with the draenei or even the night elves. Plus, they already have an established racial leader: Falstad Wildhammer. Considering the Wildhammer mainly live in the Hinterlands and Twilight Highlands, making them relevant in the Alliance's attempt to retake Lordaeron or defend Khaz Modan would be interesting. Their hub could also be in one of those two regions whether it be Aerie Peak or a town in the Twilight Highlands.

I know people want them to merely be a customization option and not an allied race, but with Lightforged draenei and Highmountain tauren already existing, Wildhammer dwarves would fit like a glove. As mentioned earlier in this thread, Wildhammer dwarves have darker and tanner skin tones, leaner builds, tattoos, and are likely much more wild in appearance. Blizzard could give them some crazy and unique hairstyles and beard options. Their heritage armor would likely also represent their close ties with nature. Class-wise, some lore bending would happen, but there's also realistic options; I could see them having access to druids, hunters, mages, monks, priests, rogues, shaman and warriors. That's 8 classes that make some sort of sense.

It may sound like a hodgepodge, but there's a ton of information Blizzard can go off of to make Wildhammer dwarves a truly unique allied race.

PS: The Wildhammer would never join the Horde. Remember they pretty much decimated Camp Taurajo? Also, they've been allied with the Alliance for a very long time.