Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordsesho View Post
    yeah i agree...now the problem is: since the legion is gone why we need create more dh? they will need at least to create some questing area with dissident demons or something like that
    Simple: There will always be people who want Power.

And Demon Hunters have Power.

The Devs have stated they're discussing creating an alternate DH starting path to allow people to start DHs at lower levels.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God-King Popo View Post
    Is it possible?
    I mean, mechanically, sure. They have all the animations since they use modified night elf/blood elf models. Thematically, it would require Blizzard to create a unique starting questline just for them or drop them into SW/Org with no story explanation as to why they can be demon hunters, neither of which really seems like a desirable outcome for a hero class. Maybe once more eligible candidates come to the fore to justify developing a special questline for non-Illidari demon hunters set after Legion's events (since the DH questline covers both events in the TBC era and leading up to the aftermath of the Broken Shore).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Nightborne were in the dome. Void elves could in theory, since they only happened after Legion ended. Wich means an Illidari could have come back and played with the void, but the in-game mechanics for a hero class and an allied race clash. So, the 2 hero classes likely will never be allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    If there had been that many Illidari trained and commanded by Illidan we wouldn't have survived the attack on Black Temple.
    They were away on a mission to get the keystone. We attacked while black temple was vulnerable and illidan was severely weakened from opening the portal they needed to go on their mission.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Legion is defeated. What's the point of training new DHs? Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Seems like Blizzard is going with the Blood Elves and High Elves are the same thing which is kinda true.

If you did the void elf scenario (and the Nightborne for that matter) you'd know that the void elves were banished from entering Silvermoon, so they are mostly Blood Elves.
    It's not kinda true it is true. Highborne changed their names to blood elves in remembrance of what happened against the lich king there is literally nothing different other than that. Some stayed with the alliance but it's not a large number.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's not kinda true it is true. Highborne changed their names to blood elves in remembrance of what happened against the lich king there is literally nothing different other than that. Some stayed with the alliance but it's not a large number.
    Yeah there is a difference Blood Elves are the ones that were willing to do anything to satiate their magic addiction while the High Elves cared more about honor and morals even risking self harm instead of feeding off other beings. Biologically they are indeed the same tho.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Yeah there is a difference Blood Elves are the ones that were willing to do anything to satiate their magic addiction while the High Elves cared more about honor and morals even risking self harm instead of feeding off other beings. Biologically they are indeed the same tho.
    That's the individuality of a person not as a race

That's the individuality of a person not as a race
    Thats culture.

Thats culture.
    Not a lot of highborne stayed with the alliance, so no a persons moral standings isn't culture. Alleria and Veressa are with the alliance because of what the horde personally did to them, it has nothing to do with honor. Veressa also wanted to go on a horde killing rampage.

If you knew anything about the lore at all you would know that the whole point of the burning legion was to make the universe uninhabitable by void.

Void and Fel cannot cohabitate. A fel creature cannot be void infused, that is the whole point. A void elf demon hunter is impossible according to the lore.

A nightborne demon hunter is technically possible but the playable demon hutners are all Illidari, none of which are Nightborne because illidari are from BC and Illidan is gone now.

You see why your question is dumb now?

Not a lot of highborne stayed with the alliance, so no a persons moral standings isn't culture. Alleria and Veressa are with the alliance because of what the horde personally did to them, it has nothing to do with honor. Veressa also wanted to go on a horde killing rampage.
    Refusing to eat unclean animals is a part of several cultures in real life. There are cultures in real life that number in the hundreds or thousands. Numbers don't mean your not a distinct culture.

Refusing to eat unclean animals is a part of several cultures in real life. There are cultures in real life that number in the hundreds or thousands. Numbers don't mean your not a distinct culture.
    You're generalizing a small number of highborne. Alleria and Vereesa are part of the alliance not because of culture, because the horde did them wrong. Each highborne probably has their own specific reason it's not a culture thing. Blood and Highborne are literally the same, get over it.

Well I imagine highborne don't even exist anymore as any remainder probably followed Alleria's path except maybe a few (like her sister and her kids) so now It's void elves vs blood elves. It's the civil war everyone wanted.
    Last edited by zito; 2018-02-11 at 06:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply put, void cannot mix with fel. Both are trying to take over and individually require a tremendous amount of effort to keep at bay. Void Elves Demon Hunters would therefore collapse under the influence.

As for Nightborne, we've seen they can wield the fel as weapons. Elisandre can attest to that. But the question here is how they can form new Demon Hunters in the first place? Without Illidan, without the Burning Legion, there's no reason to form new Demon Hunters and certainly not a lot who'd sacrifice everything to eradicate an enemy we've eradicated.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Void Elf Demon Hunters would probably cause the universe to collapse in a singularity of edge.

I'm not sure if that makes me want them more or less.

You're generalizing a small number of highborne. Alleria and Vereesa are part of the alliance not because of culture, because the horde did them wrong. Each highborne probably has their own specific reason it's not a culture thing. Blood and Highborne are literally the same, get over it.

Well I imagine highborne don't even exist anymore as any remainder probably followed Alleria's path except maybe a few (like her sister and her kids) so now It's void elves vs blood elves. It's the civil war everyone wanted.
    The majority of High Elves were exiled by Lor'themar for refusing to drain other creatures as he didn't want a divided population.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    They were away on a mission to get the keystone. We attacked while black temple was vulnerable and illidan was severely weakened from opening the portal they needed to go on their mission.
    Poor Illidan
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

The majority of High Elves were exiled by Lor'themar for refusing to drain other creatures as he didn't want a divided population.
    no such thing happened, the High elves that are part of the alliance mainly come from an off branch from Shen'dralar who reconnected with the night elves during the cataclsym. Most off branch high elves (who were not part of the founding of quel'thelas) died off or transformed ala Naga. The only exiling Lor'themar did was the blood elves studying the void. The highborne changed their names to blood elves before they joined the horde. They are literally the same thing except they bought a name change from the blizzard store. That's the whole reason why we have void elves, to differentiate between the blood elves because highborne are literally blood elves
    Last edited by zito; 2018-02-11 at 07:17 PM.

no such thing happened, the High elves that are part of the alliance mainly come from an off branch from Shen'dralar who reconnected with the night elves during the cataclsym. Most off branch high elves (who were not part of the founding of quel'thelas) died off or transformed ala Naga. The only exiling Lor'themar did was the blood elves studying the void. The highborne changed their names to blood elves before they joined the horde. They are literally the same thing except they bought a name change from the blizzard store. That's the whole reason why we have void elves, to differentiate between the blood elves because highborne are literally blood elves
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_elf

Lore : Demon Hunters are night elves only.
    Wow lore: Demon Hunters are night elves and blood elves only.
    WoW future potential lore: Anything can be anything.

Things are not set in stone for all time, even if you think it "doesn't make sense".
    Mother pus bucket!