Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    One thing, How Tinker is not a Engineer when you have stuff in the profession named after them

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Tinker_(engineering)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    @Ielenia would. He's been doing it for years now.
    Since before Dhs were introduced?That would explain a lot.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Why do you think there would be more NE Demon Hunters than BE Demon Hunters if BE are the more popular race?
    I don't care. It's a meaningless statistic because the population difference is minuscule. That's like complaining your bag of Skittles came with three less skittles than your friend's.

We weren't given mechs in Engineering until the end of MoP, and there hasn't been a mech given to Engineering since. In fact, there's more mech mounts available outside of Engineering than within it.
    Reeves combat module.

So again, how many Priest abilities are found within Tyrande's various ability kits?
    That's irrelevant. Blizzard considers her a priest. What your headcanon says is irrelevant. However, just to give you food for thought before you continue with this line of argumentation, if Tyrande's title is meaningless toward her 'class', then that also applies to Gelbin's title.

Yeah you missed the point entirely.

If you like Tyrande, and want to emulate the character, which class are you going to pick? The Priest class where none of her abilities exist, or the Hunter class where some of her abilities exist?
    Up until the Wrath of the Lich King expansion, priests had something common called "racial spells". Humans had 'desperate prayer', dwarves had 'fear ward', forsaken had 'devouring plague', and night elves.... had starshards

And you missed the point again.

Night Elves can choose from 9 different classes. The top three classes of that nine are Druids, Demon Hunters, and Hunters.

Why out of 9 choices are those three classes the top three?
    Maybe because demon hunters (and until Cataclysm, druids) could only be picked by night elves in the Alliance? As for hunters, I dunno. The racials, maybe?

Actually Akama was a Draenei lore figure from WC3 who was a Shaman,
    ... Yeah, raise your hands who remembers Akama from Warcraft III. Anyone? No one? Really, no one? Ok. Thought so.

and there was plenty of official art that showed the Draenei as a Shaman.
    Plenty more as paladins. The most important official art, the box art, showcased a paladin draenei. The opening cinematic also featured a draenei paladin.

All you had to say was this:

"Tyrande has no abilities that appear within the Priest class."
    But there are. Starshards

Oh? And which class should you play? I'm not aware of any class that allows you to play a mech.
    The engineering profession does.

The difference is that there's no faction racial leaders, multiple racial members, or a WC3 hero unit from WoW that ride dragons.
    ... That's irrelevant. There are dragons around Azeroth that lay waste to their enemies with their powerful breaths. The same warframe we use as a harmless mount is the same one we use to destroy Legion war ships. Those dragons and warframe can still attack, but gameplay rules do not allow that. Which indicates the same would happen to the mechs. And each mech mounts we get through achievements or crafting diminishes the chance of one of those ever becoming a class combat feature.

How can it be an "instant Tinker" if you can't begin to build a mech until level 100?
    You seem to be equating 'tinker' to 'builds a mech'. An engineer is much more than just that. Are you implying engineers are superior to tinkers?

Nah, the Tinker wouldn't need to steal. Like Tony Stark, he'd just need a junkyard with discarded tech.
    And no tools?

Shouldn't be too hard to find that outside of Tinkertown, Gnomeregan, or Kezan.
    And then the mech malfunctions after a few minutes and falls to pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    One thing, How Tinker is not a Engineer when you have stuff in the profession named after them

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Tinker_(engineering)
    Those were introduced in WotLK. Don't think that means much. Blizzard would just change the name if they brought in a Tinker class.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Those were introduced in WotLK. Don't think that means much. Blizzard would just change the name if they brought in a Tinker class.
    But it carried over, the MoP reagents for many recipes is called Tinker's Kit and is used for many things that are used to this day like the Glider and Nitroboots.

Also, Now you accept that they can rename things?
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I don't care.
    That's all you had to say really. However my point still stands.

Reeves combat module.
    I was talking about mech mounts, since you can actually use those in more than one location.

That's irrelevant. Blizzard considers her a priest. What your headcanon says is irrelevant. However, just to give you food for thought before you continue with this line of argumentation, if Tyrande's title is meaningless toward her 'class', then that also applies to Gelbin's title.
    Where's the head cannon? I'm stating a fact: She plays more like the Hunter class than the Priest class.

Up until the Wrath of the Lich King expansion, priests had something common called "racial spells". Humans had 'desperate prayer', dwarves had 'fear ward', forsaken had 'devouring plague', and night elves.... had starshards
    Wow, that was what? Like 10 years ago? Also Whisperwind never used a spell called Starshards.

Maybe because demon hunters (and until Cataclysm, druids) could only be picked by night elves in the Alliance? As for hunters, I dunno. The racials, maybe?
    So people associated Demon Hunters and Druids with Night Elves? Good, you're making progress.

... Yeah, raise your hands who remembers Akama from Warcraft III. Anyone? No one? Really, no one? Ok. Thought so.
    I did. :shrug:

Plenty more as paladins. The most important official art, the box art, showcased a paladin draenei. The opening cinematic also featured a draenei paladin.
    Yeah, but players had a stronger association with Humans and Paladins than Draenei and Paladins. So despite that push, people who wanted to roll a Paladin continued to mainly roll Human paladins.

But there are. Starshards
    Don't you mean were? Priests haven't been able to use Starshards since the end of TBC.

The engineering profession does.
    Except Engineering is not a class, and you can't begin to get materials to build a mech mount in Engineering until you hit MoP content.

... That's irrelevant. There are dragons around Azeroth that lay waste to their enemies with their powerful breaths. The same warframe we use as a harmless mount is the same one we use to destroy Legion war ships. Those dragons and warframe can still attack, but gameplay rules do not allow that. Which indicates the same would happen to the mechs. And each mech mounts we get through achievements or crafting diminishes the chance of one of those ever becoming a class combat feature.
    Uh again, there's no basis for a class that rides dragons. There IS a basis for a class that rides mecha.

You seem to be equating 'tinker' to 'builds a mech'. An engineer is much more than just that. Are you implying engineers are superior to tinkers?
    Considering that Blackfuse, Gelbin, Gazlowe, and even Marin's mechs are far more advanced than the rickety Sky Golem, or the piece of junk that is Reeves, I would so no.

And no tools?
    Goblin players have a utility belt by default. Don't see why there wouldn't be tools in that belt.

And then the mech malfunctions after a few minutes and falls to pieces?
    I seriously doubt it.

Uh again, there's no basis for a class that rides dragons. There IS a basis for a class that rides mecha.
    There is a entire Orc Clan dedicated to that.
    Mage Tower Final Result:

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a entire Orc Clan dedicated to that.
    The Dragonmaw clan? They were wiped out in WoD and there's no way you could base a class on it.

However, if you feel that you can, by all means, make a thread about it.

That's all you had to say really. However my point still stands.
    Your point is meaningless. It's a minuscule, insignificant difference in population.

I was talking about mech mounts, since you can actually use those in more than one location.
    Then you got the Lightforged Warframe, the Iron Juggernaut, the Sky Golem...

Where's the head cannon? I'm stating a fact: She plays more like the Hunter class than the Priest class.
    "Plays"? At which point of the WoW game can you play as Tyrande?

Wow, that was what? Like 10 years ago? Also Whisperwind never used a spell called Starshards.
    It's what the Priestess of the Moon spell 'starfall' became for priests.

I did. :shrug:
    Did you? Did you actually remember him without any need for research, or did you actually try to look up any mention of draeneis back in WC3 and came across Akama?

Yeah, but players had a stronger association with Humans and Paladins than Draenei and Paladins.
    Considering how the draenei have been pushed as this "Light-blessed" race, with the Naaru, beings of pure Light, blessing the draenei race, so much so all draenei have an ability called "Gift of the Naaru", a holy healing spell?

Don't you mean were? Priests haven't been able to use Starshards since the end of TBC.
    A typo. But the point stands.

Except Engineering is not a class, and you can't begin to get materials to build a mech mount in Engineering until you hit MoP content.
    Auction house is your friend.

The Dragonmaw orc clan. There are also valarjar back in Northrend who ride dragons.

Considering that Blackfuse, Gelbin, Gazlowe, and even Marin's mechs are far more advanced than the rickety Sky Golem, or the piece of junk that is Reeves, I would so no.
    Are they? Because Blackfuse's mech "rickets" just as much as the Sky Golem. And I'm pretty sure Gelbin's and Gazlowe's also "rickets" just like the Sky Golem.

Goblin players have a utility belt by default. Don't see why there wouldn't be tools in that belt.
    Do they? As far as I know, all they got is a rocket belt.

I seriously doubt it.
    You were the one that brought to this conversation the fact Tony Stark built his first armor "out of scrap". You can't pick and choose which parts apply and which doesn't. Tony Stark's first armor starts falling to pieces minutes later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your point is meaningless. It's a minuscule, insignificant difference in population.
    Thanks for the concession.

Then you got the Lightforged Warframe, the Iron Juggernaut, the Sky Golem...
    You purchase the Lightforged Warframe. The Iron Juggernaut is a drop. Engineering only builds the Sky Golem, and the player can get a better version (Lumber Extractor) by collecting toys....

"Plays"? At which point of the WoW game can you play as Tyrande?
    She's armed with a Bow and Arrow and firing arrows during the Well of Eternity instance. Don't think the Priest class uses bows and fires arrows.

It's what the Priestess of the Moon spell 'starfall' became for priests.
    Which they lost almost a decade ago. Also Druids got the actual Starfall spell.

Did you? Did you actually remember him without any need for research, or did you actually try to look up any mention of draeneis back in WC3 and came across Akama?
    Actually yes I did remember him in TBC.

Considering how the draenei have been pushed as this "Light-blessed" race, with the Naaru, beings of pure Light, blessing the draenei race, so much so all draenei have an ability called "Gift of the Naaru", a holy healing spell?
    Yes, due to Uther, Arthas, and the Paladin hero unit from WC3.

A typo. But the point stands.
    What point? That none of Tyrande's abilities exist in the Priest class?

Auction house is your friend.
    It also requires level 80 to summon.

The Dragonmaw orc clan. There are also valarjar back in Northrend who ride dragons.
    Yeah, like I said, if you want to base a class on that, write up a thread. I'm sure it'll go places.

Are they?
    Yes, because they're less rickety, and actually carry weapons.

Do they? As far as I know, all they got is a rocket belt.
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Goblin_All-In-1-Der_Belt

You were the one that brought to this conversation the fact Tony Stark built his first armor "out of scrap". You can't pick and choose which parts apply and which doesn't. Tony Stark's first armor starts falling to pieces minutes later.
    That doesn't mean the Goblin or Gnome's would.

You purchase the Lightforged Warframe. The Iron Juggernaut is a drop. Engineering only builds the Sky Golem, and the player can get a better version (Lumber Extractor) by collecting toys....
    You're missing the point. They're mounts that should let you fight in them, considering the NPC versions of those mounts do fight, either with you or against you. The Iron Juggernaut, the Lightforged Warframe, dragons, etc. Yet they don't. The Lightforged Warframe is no different than Gelbin, Gazlowe and Helix' mounts.

She's armed with a Bow and Arrow and firing arrows during the Well of Eternity instance. Don't think the Priest class uses bows and fires arrows.
    Argue how much you want. Scream as loud as you want. The fact is, you're wrong. Tyrande is a priestess. That is fact. Feel free to petition Blizzard to make Tyrande a "Huntress of Elune" if you want. Good luck.

Which they lost almost a decade ago.
    Irrelevant. The point is that is the spell they got from the Priestess of Elune WC3 unit.

Actually yes I did remember him in TBC.
    If you say so. You'd the only one.

Yes, due to Uther, Arthas, and the Paladin hero unit from WC3.
    Irrelevant. We're talking about how the race is presented. And almost everything widely available pictured the draenei as a Light-blessed race of paladins and priests. From box art to opening cinematic.

What point? That none of Tyrande's abilities exist in the Priest class?
    Starshards.

It also requires level 80 to summon.
    You can access the auction house at any level in the capital cities.

Yeah, like I said, if you want to base a class on that, write up a thread. I'm sure it'll go places.
    You asked for the basis for a class, not a class concept. Stop moving the goalposts.

Yes, because they're less rickety, and actually carry weapons.
    So does the Lightforged Warframe. And so does the Felsteel Annihilator. Mechs with fully-functional weapons. Also dragons.

Which is... never used again, save for the rockets? I mean, Blizzard could have easily made that thing replace all engineering tools (spanner, screwdriver, etc), but they didn't, which lends credibility those belts do not contain such tools necessary to built technology gadgets.

That doesn't mean the Goblin or Gnome's would.
    Considering it's a trademark of goblin technology to "break down and/or backfire", I imagine, yes, at least the goblin creations would. And considering they'd be using shoddy materials (after all, they'd be getting from scrapyards, which aren't exactly known for good conservation of materials), I imagine the chances of malfunctions would grow exponentially.

You're still able to build a Mech, plus, Engineering is the profession capable of building more mounts then Blacksmith,Arqueology and Alchemy combined.
    With Flying Machines, rockets and such.

Also, "Better version" is subjective since they are Recolors.
    Mage Tower Final Result:

Deleted
    Speculation:

High Inquisitor Thermaplugg will destroy Undermine and kill half of the goblin population ordered by Anduin. That will start the next war between Alliance and Horde and introduce the tinker class in 9.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're missing the point. They're mounts that should let you fight in them, considering the NPC versions of those mounts do fight, either with you or against you. The Iron Juggernaut, the Lightforged Warframe, dragons, etc. Yet they don't. The Lightforged Warframe is no different than Gelbin, Gazlowe and Helix' mounts.
    It should be noted that Gelbin, Gallywix, and Blackfuse's mechs aren't available as mounts.

Also if what you said it to be believed, then why can you fight inside the Reeves mech?

Argue how much you want. Scream as loud as you want. The fact is, you're wrong. Tyrande is a priestess. That is fact. Feel free to petition Blizzard to make Tyrande a "Huntress of Elune" if you want. Good luck.
    So if you wanted to emulate Tyrande as closely as possible, which class would you roll? The class with a few of her abilities, or a class with none of their abilities?

Irrelevant. The point is that is the spell they got from the Priestess of Elune WC3 unit.
    Link to where Tyrande ever had the Starshard spell please.

Irrelevant. We're talking about how the race is presented. And almost everything widely available pictured the draenei as a Light-blessed race of paladins and priests. From box art to opening cinematic.
    Actually it's quite relevant. You asked why there's less Paladin than Shaman Draenei, and that's the reason why. If you're rolling a Paladin, you're more likely to prefer a human paladin over a draenei one. Why? Because Warcraft Lore is loaded with human Paladin heroes.

Starshards.
    Funny, my Priest can't cast Starshards....

You can access the auction house at any level in the capital cities.
    Yeah, but you can't summon a Sky Golem until level 80.

So does the Lightforged Warframe. And so does the Felsteel Annihilator. Mechs with fully-functional weapons. Also dragons.
    I do believe the point is that mechs with weapons are more advanced than just simple mounts. Additionally, I would say that Gelbin's mech is more advanced because it actually works indoors.

Which is... never used again, save for the rockets? I mean, Blizzard could have easily made that thing replace all engineering tools (spanner, screwdriver, etc), but they didn't, which lends credibility those belts do not contain such tools necessary to built technology gadgets.
    So the belt contains a Taser, a Camera, Lock Picks, Infrared Scope, Weed Whacker, Rockets, and a Rocket belt, but it doesn't have a screw driver and a hammer?

Considering it's a trademark of goblin technology to "break down and/or backfire", I imagine, yes, at least the goblin creations would. And considering they'd be using shoddy materials (after all, they'd be getting from scrapyards, which aren't exactly known for good conservation of materials), I imagine the chances of malfunctions would grow exponentially.
    I don't recall Blackfuse's machines breaking down. Then again, he's also the only Azerothian to repurpose Titan tech.

- - - Updated - - -

You're still able to build a Mech, plus, Engineering is the profession capable of building more mounts then Blacksmith,Arqueology and Alchemy combined.
    With Flying Machines, rockets and such.
    FYI, You're able to build a mount, not a mech. We're talking about mechs here.

Also, "Better version" is subjective since they are Recolors.
    It's a better version cause you can ride it before level 80.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2018-02-12 at 04:27 AM.

Mounts that are Mechs and Mechanical based.

Oh, you're still in denial that your mechs are portrayed as mounts?
    It's a better version cause you can ride it before level 80.
    You just need to be 80 to learn.Otherwise you can ride at any level.

Also, Classes and professions only unlock many things at higher levels, so Wtf you're bitching about?
    Mage Tower Final Result:

10+ Year Old Account
    Mounts that are Mechs and Mechanical based.

Oh, you're still in denial that your mechs are portrayed as mounts?
    Gelbin, Gallywix, and Blackfuse's mechs are definitely not portrayed as mounts. I'm willing to bet that when Mogul Razdunk enters the game next expansion, you won't be able to get his mech as a mount either.

Also, Classes and professions only unlock many things at higher levels, so Wtf you're bitching about?
    A mech-based class would be able to perform their main purpose far before level 80. They'd probably get it around level 7-10.

It should be noted that Gelbin, Gallywix, and Blackfuse's mechs aren't available as mounts.
    Neither is Anduin's horse, fyi. Don't expect to get important npc mounts, we never did.

Also if what you said it to be believed, then why can you fight inside the Reeves mech?

So if you wanted to emulate Tyrande as closely as possible, which class would you roll? The class with a few of her abilities, or a class with none of their abilities?
    You'd roll a priest. Seriously, no one you ask about it would say Tyrande is a hunter.

Link to where Tyrande ever had the Starshard spell please.
    I said that's what the WC3 Priestess of the Moon spell became when translating to WoW.

Actually it's quite relevant. You asked why there's less Paladin than Shaman Draenei, and that's the reason why. If you're rolling a Paladin, you're more likely to prefer a human paladin over a draenei one. Why? Because Warcraft Lore is loaded with human Paladin heroes.
    Yet you were the one that said random official mattered and are quite influential, when talking about night elf hunters.

Funny, my Priest can't cast Starshards....
    Blizzard removed the spell. Like they did with so many other abilities throughout the years. Doesn't change the fact Priests had it.

Yeah, but you can't summon a Sky Golem until level 80.
    My Nightfallen is level 20 and can summon a Sky Golem.

I do believe the point is that mechs with weapons are more advanced than just simple mounts. Additionally, I would say that Gelbin's mech is more advanced because it actually works indoors.
    The Lightforged Warframe is also, lore-wise, a fully-functional mech with working weapons. Because its 'mount special' animation shows the mech shooting through its arm cannon. And "work indoors" is nothing but a gameplay limitation, not a lore limitation.

So the belt contains a Taser, a Camera, Lock Picks, Infrared Scope, Weed Whacker, Rockets, and a Rocket belt, but it doesn't have a screw driver and a hammer?
    Considering you still need to build those tools if you take engineering... yeah, that belt doesn't have such tools.

I don't recall Blackfuse's machines breaking down. Then again, he's also the only Azerothian to repurpose Titan tech.
    Blackfuse also spent almost all his time in his workshop, perfecting his creations. He didn't spend 90% of this time hopping from town to town helping people through random quests, like the player character does.

It's a mount, and a mech.

- - - Updated - - -

Gelbin, Gallywix, and Blackfuse's mechs are definitely not portrayed as mounts.
    Blackfuse's mount is nearly identical to the Sky Golem mount. It has the exact same body structure. The only difference is that the Sky Golem has actual hands and shredder blades on its arms, and lack a tail.

Gelbin, Gallywix, and Blackfuse's mechs are definitely not portrayed as mounts. I'm willing to bet that when Mogul Razdunk enters the game next expansion, you won't be able to get his mech as a mount either.
    You mean Npc specific?

Mekkatorque has his own mech the same way Anduin has his own Horse in BFA.
    And You get can variations of Blackfuse's which is the Sky golem and Lumber exctrator.And the SKy golem was introduced in the same patch as Blackfuse.And they have the same animations.

Go figure.

A mech-based class would be able to perform their main purpose far before level 80. They'd probably get it around level 7-10.
    You mean like Dks don't learn Army of the Dead until 82.You know that spec that is supposed to be a "Necromancer" and their main purpose being "Summon lots of undeads" or their other Undead summoning spell wich they only get at 110, Val'kyr on 100 and Gargoyle at 72.

Yeah, a class doesn't need at all to have their "main" purpose being given at such a low level.
    Mage Tower Final Result:

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither is Anduin's horse, fyi. Don't expect to get important npc mounts, we never did.
    While I certainly don't expect to get NPC mounts, I do expect Goblins and Gnomes to get a class based around piloting mechs.

You'd roll a priest. Seriously...
    Except you're clearly not being serious.

I said that's what the WC3 Priestess of the Moon spell became when translating to WoW.
    Druids have Starfall. Starshards never appeared in WC3.

Yet you were the one that said random official mattered and are quite influential, when talking about night elf hunters.
    I never said it didn't matter. I simply said that people associated Paladins with Humans due to WC3 and the human Paladin lore figures.

Blizzard removed the spell. Like they did with so many other abilities throughout the years. Doesn't change the fact Priests had it.
    Tyrande never had it.

My Nightfallen is level 20 and can summon a Sky Golem.
    After one of your level 80 characters unlocked it.

The Lightforged Warframe is also, lore-wise, a fully-functional mech with working weapons. Because its 'mount special' animation shows the mech shooting through its arm cannon. And "work indoors" is nothing but a gameplay limitation, not a lore limitation.
    I highly doubt that Azerothian adventurers purchasing hi-tech Draenei mecha death machines is lore-based.

Gelbin building and fighting inside a mech is lore-based though.

Considering you still need to build those tools if you take engineering... yeah, that belt doesn't have such tools.
    The utility belt is lore-based. The profession is not.

Blackfuse also spent almost all his time in his workshop, perfecting his creations. He didn't spend 90% of this time hopping from town to town helping people through random quests, like the player character does.
    Thanks for sharing your head-canon.

It's a mount, and a mech.
    I was talking about the gyrocopter and the rocket mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Engineering already covers this theme. What we need is something completely new, not something based off a profession.
    Say it for the race void elves and the class shadow priest...

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean Npc specific?

Mekkatorque has his own mech the same way Anduin has his own Horse in BFA.
    And You get can variations of Blackfuse's which is the Sky golem and Lumber exctrator.And the SKy golem was introduced in the same patch as Blackfuse.And they have the same animations.
    A variation isn't a copy.

You also forgot Gallywix's mech.

You mean like Dks don't learn Army of the Dead until 82.You know that spec that is supposed to be a "Necromancer" and their main purpose being "Summon lots of undeads" or their other Undead summoning spell wich they only get at 110, Val'kyr on 100 and Gargoyle at 72.
    They get Raise Dead at level 55 (their starting level), and they can get All Will Serve at level 56.

I'm sorry controlling 2 permanent undead minions (one of which can be a Giest, Ghoul, or Skeleton) at once isn't "necromancer" enough for you.

Yeah, a class doesn't need at all to have their "main" purpose being given at such a low level.
    Really? DKs get theirs right from the start.