Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Of all the current races that could possibly be considered allied, they probably make the most sense. The only other contenders I can think of would be pandaren and maybe humans to a lesser extent.

I don't think they would be the most popular choice but it would still be nice to have the option, especially if they give them something really cool like they are supposedly doing with the new trolls.

I kind of have a hard time believing they would though. That would mean that either we get another dwarf as the allied race or they just give it to the regular dwarves; (this may no longer be a thing now) but hasnt blizz said they want to avoid giving any one race access to all classes?
    Last edited by Moonstream; 2017-11-09 at 03:13 PM.

Hey I saw a Tauren Boomkin the other day and thought "A Wildhammer Gryphon/Moonkin would look amazing!" so I threw a mock-up together with claws for hands and Dwarven beard (I thought the blue-tattoos were a bit much):

Doesn't that look incredible for the gryphon-loving Wildhammer? I'd play it.

Except Moonkin is a dead form, it got a texture touch up going into Legion but otherwise the only change between races is the colour. Don't expect Wildhammer or any race to get a unique Moonkin form. Theres a reason Blizz added a glyph to just remove the form.

someone thought about it, there's a nice transmog on WoWhead:

- - - Updated - - -

what about Gnomes, it makes so much sense...

- - - Updated - - -

sometimes I love fanfic

While Wildhammers wouldn't historically have druids, since their naturalism was previously represented through the shaman class, I wouldn't be against it. It would make sense that contact with the night elves through the Alliance could have taught it to them, and they could have some really cool gryphon-inspired forms.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Biggest issue with Wildhammer dwarves, is the fact that they were almost wiped out in Legion.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Biggest issue with Wildhammer dwarves, is the fact that they were almost wiped out in Legion.
    When did that happen?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    When did that happen?
    Off-screen. It's mentioned as part of the Shaman Order Hall campaign: "According to Stormcaller Mylra, as of the Burning Legion's latest invasion the Twilight Highlands are overrun and the Wildhammer clan has been scattered.[1]" https://wow.gamepedia.com/Wildhammer_clan#Legion

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Off-screen. It's mentioned as part of the Shaman Order Hall campaign: "According to Stormcaller Mylra, as of the Burning Legion's latest invasion the Twilight Highlands are overrun and the Wildhammer clan has been scattered.[1]" https://wow.gamepedia.com/Wildhammer_clan#Legion
    Void Elves now exist. Any argument of population Size affecting race choice is null and void(heh).

Yeah, such a big issue, something that happened off screen and isn't even clear what exactly happened. Scattered and overrun doesn't mean "almost wiped out" anyway. It's a non-issue.

The biggest issue is that Wildhammer Dwarves don't exist in lore, but that can (and should) be made up anyway. Druids need more race options - and honestly, allowing non-elf races for more class options is a good thing as well.

Scattered, not shattered. That means they did not get wiped out, since there'd be nobody left to scatter.

Besides, there's also Aerie Peak. Not all Wildhammer live in TH.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    The biggest issue is that Wildhammer Dwarves don't exist in lore, but that can (and should) be made up anyway. Druids need more race options - and honestly, allowing non-elf races for more class options is a good thing as well.
    Sure do. War of the three Hammers and all that jazz.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, such a big issue, something that happened off screen and isn't even clear what exactly happened. Scattered and overrun doesn't mean "almost wiped out" anyway. It's a non-issue.

Non-elf race druids? Well only 1 of the 4 elf races can be a druid. At this point, the druid is a troll and tauren class, if judging by race availability.

Oh, and yes "overrun" means "shit is hitting the fan, no one is coming to help you, and yes, you'll die in a bit - halp".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Scattered, not shattered. That means they did not get wiped out, since there'd be nobody left to scatter.

Besides, there's also Aerie Peak. Not all Wildhammer live in TH.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure do. War of the three Hammers and all that jazz.
    I'm sorry, this part makes absolutely no sense.

These, however, were the shadow highland wildhammers (or the hilldwarves as they were called in day of the dragon). The aerie peak wildhammer dwarves should be still allright. This would give us the perfect opportunity to completely unite the wildhammer clan, who since the desecration of grim batol have been split, with aerie peak as their capital.

Oh, and yes "overrun" means "shit is hitting the fan, no one is coming to help you, and yes, you'll die in a bit - halp".

I'm sorry, this part makes absolutely no sense.
    No, it just means the position has become unholdable. Besides, it says that TH is overrun, not the Wildhammer themselves. If a position is overrun, the appropriate measure is generally a retreat and reconsolidation at a more defensible position. That the Wildhammer got scattered means that they failed at the latter half of that, but at least part of them managed to get away. It's not scattering if you get killed.

The Wildhammer clan as a unit got scattered, not individual Wildhammer clan members as beings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God-King Popo View Post
    The more I think about it the more I need it. Give me. Now.
    OK, it's yours! Enjoy.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

The biggest issue is that Wildhammer Dwarves don't exist in lore, but that can (and should) be made up anyway.
    You meant Wildhammer "Druids" right? I almost had a fit until I realized.

Deleted
    We got as many dwarve races as we got elves in the alliance now. Give it a rest. Lets have some other race that can be druid.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you perhaps mean to say Wildhammer druids don't exist in lore?

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    As much as I don't think Wildhammers lend themselves to Druidism, it's fun to imagine what animals they would shapeshift into. Gryphon flight-form is a no-brainer.

Realistically, they'd just get the same forms as everyone else with Wildhammer tattoos (and hopefully beards).
    Cat Form - Lynx
    Bear Form - Brown Bear
    Travel Form - Big Burly St. Bernard (plz!)
    Flight Form - Gryphon

Just have maybe Tyrande or Malfurion appear in their recruitment scenario and offer to teach them the druidic ways because they are already so in tune with nature. Their forms would just be the same but with a Gryphon as their flight form and beards on their animals. The scenario could make for some real cool dwarf lore about finally reuniting all the clans and kicking some ass.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    It'd be a big bear for guardian and a slightly smaller bear for feral, cause dorfs ain't pussies.
    Honestly, as stupid as that would be, i'd love to see the dwarf "cat" form, A BEAR!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Hey I saw a Tauren Boomkin the other day and thought "A Wildhammer Gryphon/Moonkin would look amazing!" so I threw a mock-up together with claws for hands and Dwarven beard (I thought the blue-tattoos were a bit much):

Doesn't that look incredible for the gryphon-loving Wildhammer? I'd play it.
    Pretty sweet, but the blue tattoos wouldn't be too much.
    Think how all tauren forms get the horn, blue tattoos for HILL dwarfs would look really amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

cool, ment to ask for a source.