Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Will we get Vrykuls in BfA?

If we talk about races that have a rich lore and presence and didn't make the transition from Legion to BFA it's the Vrykuls.

I really like them, both visually and from cultural prospective, not to emntion they could legit be the (probably only as of right now) allied race that could be a DK (and what a DK i might add).
    As for playable classes as a whole i'd say this (i'll give explanations):
    DK: YEs, for obvious reasons
    DH: No
    Warrior: OBVIOUSLY
    Mage: Yes
    Priest: Yes
    Shaman: Yes
    Druid: YES! this is a bit more controversial, but given how deeply the Vrykuls are connected with their territory and nature in general it would be a good match, and hell, i took quests from a talking tree in stromheim!
    Monk: Yes! Can't have viking race without beer, plus they are a good match for a heremit type of dude
    Rogue: ehmmmm YES!. It is controversial but we saw vrukuls be very shady guys at points as well, AND they are master Pirates giving a lot of credibility to an outlaw vrykul rogue at least
    Paladin: Yes. A "different" type of paladin if you want, but just go in the halls of valor and you'll have paladin vibes all over the place.
    Hunter: Yes

SO yes imo Vrykuls could be the most versatile race added to the game to date.

But... what faction?!? Horde or ally?

Okay so there are some strong point in favors of both.
    FOr Alliance, they are the race that the humans came from, so they may find again a new spirit of collaboration between the modern humans and their ancestors, and from a visual point of view, the alliance having a proper humanoid giant race fits strong in their ranks, as in almsot every fantasy dwarves, giant and humans share the same world.

BUT!!

FOr Horde: We cannot deny that probably the view of the world of the horde fits the cultural way of life of the crykuls at 200%. They sshare the same pride and honor in battle as the Orcs if not more, so they would get along no problem in a war scenario. They have very shamanistic traditions and that also goes just as well with the horde in general, since both orcs, trolls and taurens havestrong spiritual traditions.

So for this reasons i would honestly put them HORDE, even with some strong points in favor of alliance

5+ Year Old Account
    No. Midget Vrykul defeats the point of Vrykul.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're not getting new races in BfA, but I wouldn't mind having a character I can call JarlMarx
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castrum View Post
    Vrykul as big as tauren would be fine imo.
    This argumement is brought uo everytime and i personaly started to see it as a bad/ whiny thing now tbh.

You won't be getting Vrykul as a playable race, but you will get a compromise in the Kul Tirans, which use much of the Vrykul physiognomy, especially for males : bulky, thick jaws, angry expression, taller than regular humans.

The actual Vrykul are too large for a playable race, they are larger than Tauren and Trolls. It would be weird to have what is basically a human as the tallest race in WoW, and then it would be weird for the playable Vrykul to be smaller than the NPCs of the same race.

It would be nice though if at least one of the Kul Tiran factions is presented to be more Vrykul-like in their traditions and gear in order to allow players to live that "badass viking" fantasy which isn't really represented in any of the playable races. Most of them already have a seafaring theme, but they look more like 19th century whalers and privateers than vikings.

5+ Year Old Account
    Just make them 1 head taller than taurens ,and we OK.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

I could not see the Vrykul joining the Horde making any sense at all, considering the Horde's current warchief conspired with Odyn's nemesis and attempted to enslave Eyir. Whatever attitude Tyrande had toward the Nightfallen/Nightborne that pushed them toward the Horde would be practically nothing in comparison to actually attempting to enslave all of the Valkyr.

That said, if the Horde's revolving-door-leadership policy ends up with a more honorable warchief soon, or if playable Vrykul aren't the ones from Stormheim who revere Odyn, then I could see a case being made for them fitting either faction. Personally I would rather see Vrykul for Alliance and Ogres for Horde.

As for classes, I'm not sure paladin would suit them very well but I thought the same about Tauren paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    We're not getting new races in BfA, but I wouldn't mind having a character I can call JarlMarx
    Uhhh, what? you'll have to clarify that statement. Do you mean non allied?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don't think we're getting new (non-allied) races and Vrykuls definitely aren't humans.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

7+ Year Old Account
    Horde getting Vrykuls its like Alliance getting Ogres... The shitstorm will be gorgeous.

OP - There no way we will ever get race that can be DK/Paladin/Shama/Druid at same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Yeah, I don't think we're getting new (non-allied) races and Vrykuls definitely aren't humans.
    Vrykul are about as far from humans as Void Elves or Nightborne are from Blood Elves or Night Elves. But it doesn't matter either way, since they went out of their way to say numerous times that allied races aren't subraces and don't need to directly connected to an existing race (read: Vulpera).

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Horde getting Vrykuls its like Alliance getting Ogres... The shitstorm will be gorgeous.

OP - There no way we will ever get race that can be DK/Paladin/Shama/Druid at same time.
    umm.... Tauren?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vrykul is the only race/ faction from legion we didnt got remember?
    Kul tiran humans arent Vrykul or other way arround.

I hope we will get them eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Castrum View Post
    The Visage of the Vrykul toy would be a good size to make playable vrykul. Large enough to be distinguished by every race on the Alliance, while being small enough to fit through most doors.
    https://imgur.com/a/413o7

7+ Year Old Account
    we should get ogres and vrykuls, but no, the wow community with his infinity wise and knowledge, and with a powerful system that could add any race we wish easily on the game, keep asking for recolors like brown orcs and the retarded version of vrykul

Deleted
    All the allied races are based on existing races and their animations.

Vrykul would only work as a human reskin, at wich point, it wouldn't really do them justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    The Visage of the Vrykul toy would be a good size to make playable vrykul. Large enough to be distinguished by every race on the Alliance, while being small enough to fit through most doors.
    https://imgur.com/a/413o7
    That toy is larger than a Tauren and at the same time half the size of Vrykul NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    That toy is larger than a Tauren and at the same time half the size of Vrykul NPCs.
    I would say it's close to the size of vrykul mobs, a bit smaller obviously but still gigantic.

Besides, in-game heights don't necessarily align with lore height. If that's the case, both tauren and Zandalari would be taller than ogres.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I would say it's close to the size of vrykul mobs, a bit smaller obviously but still gigantic.
    This is the toy vs an NPC Vrykul:

And this is my Troll, the tallest race, next to the same NPC:

As you can see, what you propose would dwarf the tallest races in game, which in my opinion sucks, and would still look like a child next to a real Vrykul. It's a shitty middle ground imho. And that's just the idea of a human-looking model being taller than a troll or tauren, not even speaking of clipping issues and how silly it would look on most mounts. I think the larger humans we are getting in Kul Tirans are a much better option than smaller vrykul.

As for Zandalari, I agree they should be taller just based on the fact that they are trolls, but they're not supposed to be anywhere near the size of a vrykul, current maximum player height would be enough for them - and we've seen plenty on IoT that were shorter (just like we've seen plenty of Tauren-sized ogres).
    Last edited by Coconut; 2018-02-13 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    This is the toy vs an NPC Vrykul:

And this is my Troll, the tallest race, next to the same NPC:

As you can see, what you propose would dwarf the tallest races in game, which in my opinion sucks, and would still look like a child next to a real Vrykul. It's a shitty middle ground imho. And that's just the idea of a human-looking model being taller than a troll or tauren, not even speaking of clipping issues and how silly it would look on most mounts. I think the larger humans we are getting in Kul Tirans are a much better option than smaller vrykul.

As for Zandalari, I agree they should be taller just based on the fact that they are trolls, but they're not supposed to be anywhere near the size of a vrykul, current maximum player height would be enough for them - and we've seen plenty on IoT that were shorter (just like we've seen plenty of Tauren-sized ogres).
    It doesn't look that bad and it still feels vrykul-sized.