Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    Probably. When was the last time it was useful?
    Soloing Dreamwalker in ICC as a non-healing class? For the loot, of course.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Why? Are people now game designers paid by blizzard to come up with this things?

While i legit dont care about first aid being removed it is fair critism
    Usually if i think something can be better i have at least some idea about how it cuold be better. Maybe a shitty idea, because, like you said, i am not a game designer, but always something more then nothing.

It's easy to say "X cuold be better (but in reality i don't even care that's why i can't think about anything but i will just complain for the sake of it)".

It's fair criticism WHY? To be honest, i have seen in this thread good reason for first aid removal but ZERO reason about why it shuold stay (oh yeah, i don't count "Blizzard is evil" as a reason).

Rather than revamp it and make it useful, just remove it. I assume we dont get anything new in its place either, like a completely new secondary profession?

15+ Year Old Account
    havent used a bandage since tbc

Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    Without First Aid Profession There will be no gameplay. Without Theses Features your game will be nothing special or interesting.
    What gameplay? Cannot recall having a use for FA on any character in ages. It hasn't brought a) any gameplay, b) anything interesting, and c) nothing special for ages. At least baking it into tailoring might give some use to it.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Before they do tha tthey should make it so you can gather from a mob's corpse without it needing to be fully looted. A swarm of guys goes tearing through an area full of skinnables, only takes one not looting to say bye-bye to hundreds in leather.
    Then they should also do the same as they have with nodes, give more people the chance to skin a mob before it dissapears.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    People said they could redesigning it and make it more worthwhile, seems enough of an idea for me

What you are rambling about is something of the terriotires of like "people always bitch abot a spec being boring, so better delete it instead redesign it i guess lul"
    Well i will no longer reply since you are comparing a long dead secondary profession with a class spec.

Oh yeah, and also nice way to see criticism: "I don't like X, it cuold be better or done in a different way". See how it's easy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    Probably. When was the last time it was useful?
    Maybe in BWL

i didnt know that first aid was still relevant
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The issue is that earlier in the game bandages were far more efficient to use than food and were created from a resource you naturally acquired while playing. It was also common for a class to be able to CC an enemy and be able to bandage (because they lacked self healing or wanted to conserve mana) while you could not eat while in combat.

If WoW was meant to remain somewhat threatening, resource management was meant to be important and self healing was not as prevalent, First Aid could be useful. They could have even added additional options for first aid to be able to act as a dispel for poison and bleed effects. But all this requires a design different to the one they have in mind when resource management is largely pointless; pots all share a CD and are essentially an additional cooldown and there are no other resources to manage besides this.

First Aid is a reasonable profession for a game that includes encounters like Vanilla Loatheb. But probably not as good an idea for current WoW. It could be salvaged by giving it options that would be useful in M+ though (if you could use FA on a CD to dispel bleeds/poisons and maybe even diseases, they could actually use debuffs other than magic in PvE since you could guarantee a dispel even in small group content).
    Exactly this. To make first aid relevant again (at least the way it is right now) you need to massively change the whole World of Warcraft gameplay. To me, personal opinion, is not worth the hassle.

- - - Updated - - -

You dont longer reply because your logic is not sound and its presented on a silver plate why. You dont need any concrete idea to make something better if you critizie a product, especially when you are the customer
    Good job ignorind the fact that you put on same level a class spec with a secondary profession noone longer use. To the ignore you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Exactly this. To make first aid relevant again (at least the way it is right now) you need to massively change the whole World of Warcraft gameplay. To me, personal opinion, is not worth the hassle.
    I wouldn't say a massive change. In the Cata beta there was an idea where bandages had a 2 second cast time and if you got that through without being damaged you got the bandage as a hot over the duration that wouldn't require channeling or break. Do that, let the cast not be cancelled by damage, reduce the recently bandaged debuff to ~30 seconds or less, and maybe make the bandages scale with % of max health so they stay useful, and you're set.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    good, first aid always been such a weird proffesion that somehow always made it into the next xpac even tho it was never really used

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    smh scrubs calling first aid useless
    6sec channel 500k heal with my 7mil pool is so useful!
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2018-02-14 at 12:22 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The issue is that earlier in the game bandages were far more efficient to use than food and were created from a resource you naturally acquired while playing. It was also common for a class to be able to CC an enemy and be able to bandage (because they lacked self healing or wanted to conserve mana) while you could not eat while in combat.

If WoW was meant to remain somewhat threatening, resource management was meant to be important and self healing was not as prevalent, First Aid could be useful. They could have even added additional options for first aid to be able to act as a dispel for poison and bleed effects. But all this requires a design different to the one they have in mind when resource management is largely pointless; pots all share a CD and are essentially an additional cooldown and there are no other resources to manage besides this.

First Aid is a reasonable profession for a game that includes encounters like Vanilla Loatheb. But probably not as good an idea for current WoW. It could be salvaged by giving it options that would be useful in M+ though (if you could use FA on a CD to dispel bleeds/poisons and maybe even diseases, they could actually use debuffs other than magic in PvE since you could guarantee a dispel even in small group content).
    We had these things in WoD. Healing tonics, antidotes, cures for afflictions, whatever. Have not been using anything except healing tonics on occasions, and these have been pretty rare. The only reason I leveld this profession on most of my alts was because in the Garrison, mats have been very easy to get. Honestly, First Aid is dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I wouldn't say a massive change. In the Cata beta there was an idea where bandages had a 2 second cast time and if you got that through without being damaged you got the bandage as a hot over the duration that wouldn't require channeling or break. Do that, let the cast not be cancelled by damage, reduce the recently bandaged debuff to ~30 seconds or less, and maybe make the bandages scale with % of max health so they stay useful, and you're set.
    Still if bandages are the only thing which speaks for First Aid, then you just might put them into tailoring and be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just another case of watering the game down. Pure laziness by the devs. Things like first aid, bullets and arrows, reagents, weapon skill, etc should have never been removed, but whatever thats why the game has become so dull.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Just another case of watering the game down. Pure laziness by the devs. Things like first aid, bullets and arrows, reagents, weapon skill, etc should have never been removed, but whatever thats why the game has become so dull.
    Yeah because weapon skills were so interesting to level.

10+ Year Old Account
    how the fuck was ammo reagents or weapon skills any kinda fun?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Well, i would rather have some kind of survivalist skill with cooking, fishing and first aid. But if they are removing stuff... maybe it's time to merge gathering professions with their corresponding tradeskill.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Yeah because weapon skills were so interesting to level.
    Oh yeah, it was just so hard to do....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    how the fuck was ammo reagents or weapon skills any kinda fun?
    Those things gave the game depth and flavor.

Oh yeah, it was just so hard to do....
    It wasn’t. It was pointless. You would literally just find a meat bag npc and afk while your character autoattacked. It wasn’t engaging or meaningful in anyway