Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Irmo View Post
    I think it's necessary. They could have decrease the ilvl steep even further, especially around Legion. Hopefully they will iron out the curve every expansion now. No need for ilvl inflation because of old raid tiers.
    I agree. That was one think I was fearful about the stat squish, they wont go all out on it, and while yes- pre Legion stuff is squished quite nicely, Legion+ stuff isn.
    I mean, whole squish introduces a lot of chaos all by itself, so they would at least made sure that it all worth it.
    I'd like to see "small numbers" again. NO, I am not afraid of big numbers, but rather I don't quite see a whole lot of reason to have all that useless noise on the screen.
    I fear that WoD squish situation will repeat itself and that by the time we hit 120 we will once again diggin in 5+ digit numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Great job Blizzard, you managed to turn off even more players from your game by trying once again to go back in time to another dimension where World of Warcraft was never released in 2004.

This must be apart of the campaign of players that don't like 'big numbers'. "OH MAH GURD 1000 ILVL NYUUURRRR" it's like listening to people complain about the numbers in 2018 being just so much and that we need to reset the calendar to 1 A.T. (After Trump).
    You need to stop. Seriously.

You don't play the game anymore and all you do is piss on every little aspect of it every chance you get. Find a healthier hobby for yourself rather than constantly spewing piss and vinegar (especially when it's as nonsensical as this).

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Here is the problem with what you suggest.
    BFA tier 1-2 increase is +50%. 2-3 is 33%
    Next xpac tier 1-2 is 33% and 2-3 is 25%

If the dps growth is to be steady, dps numbers need to be increase exponentially
    Bad example with numbers from my side - what i referred to is what u wrote. Exactly a fixed % growth between each tier. If they plan it this way, they can plan that we reach 1 million DPS per player only in 10 more expansions.

Lol at all the people going "Nooooes, Bilzadr takign awy me numbrrrrrrrrrrrs"...

10+ Year Old Account
    This just proves WoW players will bitch about anything.

I mean seriously...get over it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Missed View Post
    What problem?!
    that they will do the same squish again in 2 xpacs down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    that they will do the same squish again in 2 xpacs down the line.
    Ooook. And that's a problem because?

Remembering the first time your Chaos Bolt hit for over a million. Good times.

Deleted
    Great job Blizzard, you managed to turn off even more players from your game by trying once again to go back in time to another dimension where World of Warcraft was never released in 2004.

This must be apart of the campaign of players that don't like 'big numbers'. "OH MAH GURD 1000 ILVL NYUUURRRR" it's like listening to people complain about the numbers in 2018 being just so much and that we need to reset the calendar to 1 A.T. (After Trump).
    Toxic Waste are less toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Very interesting. The entire WotLK expansion is basically iLvl100 and WOD only goes up 12 iLvls from Highmaul LFR and Hellfire Citadel Mythic. I think this is the way to do it, basically squish all the multiple difficulties together to one.
    Not very interesting, actually. It's the same thing they did last time. They didn't even change anything up to MoP. Only difference is that they're now actually showing the effective iLvl change.

LOL I know right !!!
    In Diablo 3, it's possible to do in the TRILLIONS of damage... and nobody care, actually I'd say that people love it, so why is it such a problem with WoW. They just need to add a letter like they do in D3, M for Millions, B for Billions and T for Trillions (If you can do more than 9999B ahah)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade6 View Post
    LOL I know right !!!
    In Diablo 3, it's possible to do in the TRILLIONS of damage... and nobody care, actually I'd say that people love it, so why is it such a problem with WoW. They just need to add a letter like they do in D3, M for Millions, B for Billions and T for Trillions (If you can do more than 9999B ahah)
    It's really all just a display issue. I'm actually wondering if this squish really exists, or if they just re-jiggered the UI to display smaller numbers on gear.(in which case, you could probably make an addon to display the actual values)

I've played games with numbers in realms were the whole "-illion" thing just plain breaks down and scientific notation is the only practical way of displaying it, and i've yet to ever encounter a number that is actually hard to deal with mentally. Impractical to fully write out, sure, but not hard to deal with.

I hope classes arent useless like they were for most of draenor due to the stats not being high enough. Enh, all warrior clases expt prot, fire mages etc. All were usesless until people could properly itemize and get the stats they needed.

Quote Originally Posted by kingj56 View Post
    I hope classes arent useless like they were for most of draenor due to the stats not being high enough. Enh, all warrior clases expt prot, fire mages etc. All were usesless until people could properly itemize and get the stats they needed.
    A gear dependent spec will remain gear dependent if it isn't significantly changed. Particularly for secondaries, since the rating values themself are pretty irrelevant when the conversion factor is lowered by the same amount.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    The problem is that people don't see smaller ilvl increase between two difficulties as significant enough to even bother doing harder content. HM and BRF say hello.
    I'd be fine with no power increase, just different itemization/set bonuses/effects. I never understood need to do harder content though. I look at it as new content regardless of if I was a LFR only guy or a Mythic raider.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I'd be fine with no power increase, just different itemization/set bonuses/effects. I never understood need to do harder content though. I look at it as new content regardless of if I was a LFR only guy or a Mythic raider.
    People completely ignored BRF in WoD and ToV in Legion because initial ilvl increase from prev raids was only 5-10 ilvls. So Blizz had to bump it to 15ilvls and only then people started doing them.

If there's no sufficient power increase, people cba, that's the world we live in.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-02-13 at 12:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Missed View Post
    Ooook. And that's a problem because?
    well if you dont see it as a problem you dont understand the explanation still the fact stays its just silly and does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    well if you dont see it as a problem you dont understand the explanation still the fact stays its just silly and does nothing.
    I'm not being smart I just don't know what this problem behind that people keep referring to actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's really all just a display issue. I'm actually wondering if this squish really exists, or if they just re-jiggered the UI to display smaller numbers on gear.(in which case, you could probably make an addon to display the actual values)
    Not quite true. My understanding is that the bigger numbers are actually an issue on older systems, taking just that much longer to calculate damage, causing lag. Not _much_, but enough that it can be an unfair disparity.

Quote Originally Posted by davinia3 View Post
    Not quite true. My understanding is that the bigger numbers are actually an issue on older systems, taking just that much longer to calculate damage, causing lag. Not _much_, but enough that it can be an unfair disparity.
    The difference is rather minute, and we're talking about systems so old that they wouldn't be able to run much of anything anyway. The increase in the number of calculations done has impacted performance far more on those systems.

The way it works under the hood now won't show any significant performance impact until we get into numbers not practically displayable without truncating, because they simply won't fit on the screen otherwise.