Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    >Both pets have equal damage, health, and armor – both can tank or DPS equally

Except that's not true, they don't have equal health because one specifically has 10% more health than the other. I feel like this person missed the point entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    At this point hunter pets are just boring. They all feel the same with different skins.
    better than being forced to use x pet because it's better than the one you like

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like this every expansion, hunters this, warlocks that, hunters need this and warlocks need that.... Bloody hell, the whole game is nearly based on these classes...

Very bad changes. First of all remove bloodlust from hunters and mages. Then bring back TBC pet style. Talents limited to pet family. And must feed your pet again and with good food otherwise he'll deal bad damage or leave.

Glad to see them trying to bring back the flavor of Hunter pets.

Sure it's nice to bring the same pet that you like the look of for every fight and never switch, but that's where it stops. I want to return to a time when a simple thing like being aware of what pets to bring was a valued contribution. It gave some meaning to being a Hunter using pets, rather than just have pets be a cosmetic stat stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    "Move past the idea of a DPS/Tank pet specialization"

Sounds good.

"each family will be categorized as Ferocity, Tenacity, or Cunning."

So you've just locked each pet type into DPS, Tank and PvP instead.

How is that moving past anything. It's doing the exact same sodding thing, with more limitations.
    What? How did you get that from this?

I swear, players who are at the most basic levels of gameplay need to stop critiquing as if they know what they’re talking about.

If pets all do the same damage and each family has a different subset of abilities, you can’t see how they may be beneficial for different situations? Different raid bosses? Different mythic dungeons? Different comps? Different play styles?
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

I miss exotic pets that had very unique abilities like Moon beam.

So they want to keep the uniqueness of pets by taking away the uniqueness of pets? lol seems like they are streamlining pets just as they did to all classes, how lame

Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    What? How did you get that from this?

I swear, players who are at the most basic levels of gameplay need to stop critiquing as if they know what they’re talking about.

If pets all do the same damage and each family has a different subset of abilities, you can’t see how they may be beneficial for different situations? Different raid bosses? Different mythic dungeons? Different comps? Different play styles?
    I think his point is, currently in legion ANY pet can be one of those three, you would just need to have one with Bres, lust, ect... now only 1/3 of the amount of pets can be each spec, so you still have to pick and choose.

I wonder, if the idea is to make Hunters into another Bloodlust Class, what that means relative to Lone Wolf Talent/Marksman Spec who prefer not to have a pet?

woot! limiting options! I am all for limiting options!

Current world...take what pet you want..MAYBE in a 5 man you will need a brez/hero...MAYBE.

New world...like ability A..well you know have 1/3 the options!

Is it that hard to keep the exact same thing blizzard is doing but allow us to switch between "families" so we can have our cake and eat it too?

I like mechanical....lets assume there placed with the leech ability...but ...wait i want that damage reduction ability...look at me no more mechanical for me! THANK YOU FOR LIMITING MY OPTIONS.

Its not that hard to keep pet families different then ferocity/cunning/tenacity. Why add a pointless constraint?

Now these other abilities...pvp sure...maybe in a 5 man...but in a raid there is enough people classes that this doesn't matter. Maybe its time to move away from those abilities and add something different and unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromkar View Post
    It's like this every expansion, hunters this, warlocks that, hunters need this and warlocks need that.... Bloody hell, the whole game is nearly based on these classes...
    Took the words right out of my mouth

I am sooooooooo f*****g sick of hearing about Warlocks and Hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    Now only need to implement a simple mechanism: Pets should be able attack only if the target is in the line of sight of the hunter.
    And how would they compensate for that massive nerf? Why stop there? Might as well ask for the dead zone back too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenarious View Post
    I wonder, if the idea is to make Hunters into another Bloodlust Class, what that means relative to Lone Wolf Talent/Marksman Spec who prefer not to have a pet?
    Call your pet, bloodlust, dismiss pet. Easy enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can make all the changes to hunter pets they want.

As long as they don't fix pet pathing BM are screwed.

1. Portal keeper and Eonar platform switching makes pets get stuck 50% of the times.
    2. Damage is gimped on Kin'garoth when switching from a newly killed add to the 3rd one.

Pet pathing has been a major hunter problem since launch. I have been playing hunter for 12 years+ now, and I can't believe they haven't fixed that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    I think his point is, currently in legion ANY pet can be one of those three, you would just need to have one with Bres, lust, ect... now only 1/3 of the amount of pets can be each spec, so you still have to pick and choose.
    No. What he implied is that the pets will simply be ideal for each game-type and archetype as before which he why he referenced "Move past the idea of a DPS/Tank pet specialization".

The new pet types are not cookie cutter "this one is DPS and this one is Tank" as he implied.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

Have a pet family you like and want to use? Nah....

World content? Tenacity
    Raiding? Tenacity
    PvP? Tenacity

10% HP and a CD reduction too strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Yeah I think that's what they are trying to fix bro...
    how?

By making them EVEN MORE GENERIC?

I wish hunter pets had been pushed in the opposite direction like they used to be. I want bears and turtles to be tanky by default. I want bats and snakes and birds to be PVP harrassers by default and I don't want them to be tanky too. I want there to be pure glass cannon DPS pets and some more durable reliable DPS pets. I don't suppose we need oldschool pet talent trees but I sure would like to select SOME skills for pets instead of every bear being the same and every bird being the same. Right now, pets are stat sticks and that's what they're being tuned to be even more and that's super boring. They're obligatory pets, not flavorful pets. Kinda defeats the point of being a Hunter unless your entire WoW existence is playing pretty pretty princess dressup and you have to have a kitty cat and don't want to get yelled at in a raid for having your precious kitty cat as your pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaze View Post
    pls remove growl in instances its so annoying while leveling get someone in group who didnt know how to switch it off or didnt give a shit to switch it off
    It toggles off automatically when entering dungeons since the beginning of Legion, these people have to be turning it back on after they get in... lol

10+ Year Old Account
    You compare apples and oranges and you don't want to understand the whole situation. Read again, I won't write it down again how it's an advantage to keep a player in combat and damaging it, having 100% uptime, even when there is no actual interaction between the player characters due to los situation.
    Show us on the doll exactly where the big, bad hunter hurt you lol.

Seriously, you sound like youre just salty over some hunter handing you a PvP spanking. There are ways to mitigate that hunter specific game mechanic, use them.

Next you'll argue that rogue stealth is unfair because you can't see them.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Now only need to implement a simple mechanism: Pets should be able attack only if the target is in the line of sight of the hunter.
    Eh? Why really? Can you not sent a trained animal around a corner and attack something?