Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mel Gibson's "The Passion Of The Christ". It was nothing short of a torture smut film. It reminded me of Faces Of Death. Fucking AWFUL.

Alexander with Colin Farrell. first and only movie since that I got up and walked out of. It was just dull and boring.

I remember the director tried to blame the movie tanking on Americans being bigoted and not liking the gay sex scenes.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

Technically I've seen other films that were utterly awful. Yet they were the sort of movies that were so bad they became good - if only for the sake of feeling surreal or a morbid sense of fascination with humourous terrible acting.

Yet Star Wars: The Last Jedi presents itself as a serious film. A mainstream title in a beloved, well known franchise at that. Yet the entire product is a complete and utter mess, resorting to awkward pandering, numerous plot holes, cheesy dialogue, characters doing utterly nonsensical things to drive the plot forward...I could go on, though I'm sure people get the picture.

So, for me, at least it's the worst movie I've ever seen.

Mother

Drugs, lots of drugs and people patting that popular fraud on the back are why that stupid fucking movie was made.

Deleted
    Warcraft XXDDDDDDDDD

Jack and Jill and The Core for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    Every movie with Adam Sandler and Titanic (1997).
    Sounds like you haven't seen Happy Gilmore then. Bedtime Stories was pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    A Serbian Film. Closely followed by Martyrs. At least Martyrs had some sort of message though...somewhere under all the gore and shit...

Sebrian Film however...just felt like an exercise in how shocking it could be. There was no intelligence or point behind it, it was just...ugh.
    I've seen a review of it... and I am convinced that someone can bring it up as an example of why free speech is bad and they would have at least a point.

And about Warcraft: I didn't think it was bad... but I can see why a lot of people who aren't major fans would and that is the problem. (EDIT: I think we can all agree that they found the PERFECT actor to play kid Varian though.)
    Last edited by Projectmars; 2018-02-14 at 03:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    highlander II, original theatrical release (on release week I think).

shockingly bad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Aliens already is specific, and it’s one of the few sequels to generally be considered better than the original.

Worst movie I’ve seen is hard. The Apple is up there though.

The edge lords are out in force in this thread...
    Alien (as you know) was a very effective HORROR movie. Someone going to ALIENS with that expectation has a basis for disappointment, even though I agree it was a great action movie.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    highlander II, original theatrical release (on release week I think).

shockingly bad

- - - Updated - - -

Alien (as you know) was a very effective HORROR movie. Someone going to ALIENS with that expectation has a basis for disappointment, even though I agree it was a great action movie.
    Having flashbacks. Lawsuit incoming. Lol

This one was pretty bad. Probably the worst movie in existence. But idk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Maybe for the time when they released everyone thought they where awesome but realy beside the first one with jack nickelson which i still find medicore the rest seriously sucked balls.

As to the suggestion that peter jacksons The lord of the rings sucked well maybe you read the books and therefor you didnt like the movies but all in all they where perfectly shot with the right amount of special effects together with a minimal amount of CGI and that for a movie shot between 1999-2002 and especialy if you compared it to the Hobbit which i do think sucked balls and didnt look half as amazing as TLOTR did.
    I will go one further - LOTR could not have been done as a movie by a major studio any closer or truer to the books than jackson did it. It is one of those things that shouldn't have been able to happen the way it did - studios typically just butcher movies based on novels. New Line, for whatever reasons, chose to let someone do it who actually tried very hard to preserve as much of the books as he could for the (vast) most part.

A good illustration is what they did with Hobbit - that is how a reasonable person should have expected the LOTR films to have been handled.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mage in Pajamas View Post
    Having flashbacks. Lawsuit incoming. Lol
    i didn't understand why at the time, but Highlander 2 came out around thanksgiving, rather than the december release you would expect for a sequel to a very success film. I realized quickly they put it out early to just get it off the books and keep december slots open for films expected to do better. there may have been contracts requiring them to run it in theaters for x time, even.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2018-02-14 at 09:00 PM.

Warcraft, I finally got through it after 4 attempts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Aliens (2nd one to be specific).
    You're in disagreement with a majority of critics and viewers, then.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

i really did not like sucker punch.

it has some cute looking girls but the plot is really awkward even if you read it in text form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Alien was a very boring horror movie. It was more corridors than horror. It was alright for its time, but it's not nearly as effective as other big horror flicks from the 70's. It just doesn't hold up.
    Fair points. I found it effective, and (iirc) it was almost unique in being a SF horror movie for the time (1979)?

It may have had a few elements (the geiger-esque alien, for example, plus of course the sternum-breakers) which overshadowed plot/pacing issues in my memory.

Would you care to join my Planet Zeist fan club and defend Highlander 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lords of Salem.

Deleted
    The Room.

Here's your fucking 10 characters!

7+ Year Old Account
    The Last Airbender. Yes I got through the whole movie.

Bloods vs Wolves

in the future, bloods and crips have evolved into vampires, and werewolves.
    the movie looks like it has been filmed on a flip phone, and consists of about 6 total actors, in D grade costumes, and F grade special effects.

majority of the movie, they just argue, and nothing is really done

HORRIBLE MOVIE