Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Most NPCs on Kul Tiras use standard human models, the skinny and stout models are there to add some diversity to the humans.
    people always ask me why i play a female character in RPGs and every time i succinctly explain i am tired of human males being portrayed as fucking He-Man doing the fusion dance with Hulk Hogan and being someone's grandpa that's still juicing up at 50yrs old

why can't we be like some of the manlier men of FFXV like Cor Leonis or Gladiolus? why do human males always look like they tasted cock and liked it or some comic book hero? Hell, even Jack Morrison looks better than your typical WoW human.

Quote Originally Posted by Micka Steelspark View Post
    They arent fat, they're bulky. They arent ripped, they are more swole.
    they are overweight, therefore fat.

If you seriously thought they were a joke then it's you who is the joke. Why would you see a model on a fan site and think it wasn't going to be a part of the game?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Why? They're not from Stormwind, they're Kul'Tirans.

Just like Draenor orcs are becoming their own subrace, because they're not Durotar orcs.

The fault lies with Blizzard though, for not calling them allied factions
    Thats the thing really, they could have made them subraces, because all allied races so far is actually a subrace. Except two: Nightborne and Void Elves. But since they wanted to switch those to make the playerbase happy, they had to call this whole thing: Allied Races. Because if the two elven races were to be subraces, NB would have to be alliance(night elf) and VE would have to be Horde(Blood Elf)

So now we get allied races wich is already attached to the factions(DI Dwarves and Outland/Draenor orcs) So it might not make sense to call those Allied Races, but the term Allied Races is just used to give blizzard more possibilities.

Sorry if that goes beyond your point btw. I do agree. The term Allied Race might seem weird for some of the races.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it humans should come in all shapes and sizes.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I would not call them fat. They are obviously bigger but more of a heavy build than fat.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    you do realize u can be overweight and still have a low %body fat..... not saying the KT's are that way but its possible. also considering that the seem to be larger than typical humans what is overweight for a KT human?
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Not to derail the devolution of the thread into a tiresome quarrel about political correctness and fitness, but HAVE KUL'TIRANS ACTUALLY BEEN OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED AS AN ALLIED RACE OR NOT?
    Sorry about the caps, but I think I'm the third person here asking about this, and no one answered yet because you are too busy explaining to the rest of the universe that fat people have feelings too.

Deleted
    Bodybuilders are technically overweight most of the time. The real big ones at least.

Besides. The big Kul'Tiran men look more like guys who go to the gym a lot, but with a shitty diet. They're more strongfat. They still have treetrunks for arms.

The women though. Yeah they're pretty fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    By the way Jaina IS fat. Have you seen her tits?
    Jaina has perfect body proportions and massive tits. That's not fat. That's wish fulfillment. Most fantasy characters are, especially elves.

Not that I'm complaining though lmao

Most NPCs on Kul Tiras use standard human models, the skinny and stout models are there to add some diversity to the humans.

But they along with the skinny humans definitely feel more like barbershop options than allied race material, moreso than Highmountain tauren and LF Draenei as they're more of a different bodyshape than a different human race.
    I'd argue the high mountain and light forged could easily just have been additional cosmetic options for Draenei/Tauren

Deleted
    Fat humans may actually allow me to play alliance again after a period of ~5 years. I just cant stand all the other ally races, while fat humans look interesting and unusual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Have the announced that they are an allied race?
    ofc not, but on mmo-c we take everythin out of context
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I'd argue the high mountain and light forged could easily just have been additional cosmetic options for Draenei/Tauren
    Except Highmountain tauren are a separate race of tauren and Lightforged—while vastly inferior to Broken—are draenei infused with the Light.

The bulky humans in Kul Tiras are just...bulky humans. It might be over training to hunt sea monsters or whatever, but they're still biologically normal humans.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-02-15 at 01:43 PM.

Bro they aren't fat, they are on their bulk. I'm looking forward to them, although it's not even guaranteed they will be playable, so don't freak out yet. That bigger build is what I'd expect of warriors and paladins though. Most WcIII art made me think that Uther looked more like these humans than the planet CrossFit version we have in game. As WoW came out, most art pushed him into that thin looking human for game reasons.

Deleted
    I wonder if OP bailed because they realized they were being silly

Edit: Whelp, guess not.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2018-02-15 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    you do realize u can be overweight and still have a low %body fat..... not saying the KT's are that way but its possible. also considering that the seem to be larger than typical humans what is overweight for a KT human?
    do they look like they have low bf percentage

Deleted
    do they look like they have low bf percentage
    I'd say they look like the Mountain from Game of Thrones with WoW's artstyle.

That man is many things, but fat isn't one of them.

5+ Year Old Account
    Speak for yourself. I'm looking forward to my high cholesterol, near heart attack, potato crisp nibbler, fatty acid glutton thick human.

You know it's genetics right? And Blizzard pushing the body positivity card <3
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Deleted
    Except Highmountain tauren are a separate race of tauren and Lightforged—while vastly inferior to Broken—are draenei infused with the Light.

The bulky humans in Kul Tiras are just...bulky humans. It might be over training to hunt sea monsters or whatever, but they're still biologically normal humans.
    It's funny how you use biological criteria,... biologically seen lightforged are no different than normal draenei, the only difference is of magical nature. And that in turn is basically just result of a different culture developed over the millenia of fighting the legion.

In the same light Kul'tiran humans have a vastly different culture to Stormwind humans; coming from the environment they grow up in. My best guess is that we are getting a special faction of them, which due to their lifestyle receives their bulk.